Deleted

Traveler's Pledge bug?

Hello,

does the set bonus work properly?
    The character screen sure doesn't get updated at all,

You move -> you don't gain any toughness at all
    You stop for 1 second -> you get a dmg increase but it doesn't change no matter how long you don't move and drops instantly once you start moving?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-01-20 at 09:20 AM.

You've been standing still for 5 seconds and have a 100% damage boost.

You start to move, and move for 5 seconds. In this time the 100% damage boost has dropped gradually to zero, and the damage taken reduction has increased to 50%.

If you stop moving after 2.5 seconds, the damage reduction will stop at ~25% and drop back to zero, while the damage boost goes back up to 100% from 50%.

Deleted
    I understand that, but I expected toughness/damage to go up and down on the character screen as well, but it doesn't change at all.

edit: But now that I tested F&R, it doesn't change the character sheet stats either, so nevermind.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-01-20 at 09:18 AM.

Yes, some buffs don't trigger character sheet updates, and honestly i never bothered to check previously - it can easily be both an unwanted or wanted change.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes, some buffs don't trigger character sheet updates, and honestly i never bothered to check previously - it can easily be both an unwanted or wanted change.
    I always found that really annoying. When I first got focus and restraint, I was really confused about whether they were even working at all until I just went into a controlled environment and tested it, since it's essentially impossible to tell what's going on with your damage in D3 with all the spam and the total lack of any tools to measure it objectively.

WoW really has spoiled me. In every RPG I play now, I wish I had recount or skada or even the old damage meter available to me, so that I could actually see whether that new legendary affix or that set bonus or that gem was worth it over the laternatives. Is a 10% overall damage boost better than that aoe damage proc? I don't know, and since I can't just go out there and play then look at my damage breakdown, to see whether the damage proc contributed more to my damage than a 10% overall damage boost would've, there's no way for me to know unless I do some pretty involved math all by myself. So I end up just looking that shit up online instead, since I can't put that much effort into testing every single different item in every single game. Feels so disempowering.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."