Why do you play season?

For someone who has never played seasonal.. What is so appealing about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The cosmetic rewards.

That's it.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I enjoy the fresh start and the whole leveling + gearing process, when you have to adapt your build and gameplay based on drops (before you aquire sets). Once you have full set it's pretty much given what skills and build are you going to use to push grifts and it gets a little stale after a while.
    Now that i think about it, that might be the reason why i play mostly HC.

I don't really care about seasonal rewards, if there weren't any i would still stick to season only.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clean slate. Cosmetics.

Primarily, the fresh clean start. Enjoy the season journey too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    The cosmetic rewards.

That's it.
    This is one reason for me and also because it's fresh and there's a lot of people playing too, even at 5 in the morning! lol

The season challenges are also nice. I'm going to try and do at least one or two conquests but I don't know how that will go.

It's fun to start from a clean slate with all the new gear and changes especially. The season journey thing is also cool but that is new as of S4 and I played in S2 and S3 too. Usually I will play for a few weeks and then stop until the next season, where me and my buddies all show up again to play from scratch.. Very little interest in playing the old chars from that point.

Seems many people feel the same since seasons are extremely popular.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Why not?

It's basically thesame as starting a new char, you get cool rewards, another "excuse" to play with your friends and in the end you get an extra char added to you list of live chars.

Deleted
    Extra stash tab.

Fresh slate, and they add new items/sets or just plain rework them. I usually don't play much longer than a month, if that, but it feels refreshing enough to get back to every new season for me.

Mostly for fun, I also enjoy gearing a new character more instead of regearing an old one. Starting with a clean slate is fun aswell.

Also, not having to deal with stash problems. With the way gear works now, you're easily looking at 1+ tab per class, it's such a hassle to deal with. On seasonal I've never leveled more than 3 characters, so the problem isn't too noticeable.

Deleted
    2 reasons, the stash tab and the 'cosmetic' pet that picks up gold (I've never gotten to 1 billion gold so fast as I've done this season, I'm almost as rich now as my non-league characters).

Fresh start, cosmetics, and now the journey.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

My question would be this - why would you want to not play seasonal? Wouldn't playing the same character at the level cap for months be boring and eventually you would run out of characters to play? Seasonal lets me play the same class (now even the same character) but start over at level 1 and each season try a new build. Last season was hammers, this season is thorns.

Basically seasons make it almost a new game every few months.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    My question would be this - why would you want to not play seasonal? Wouldn't playing the same character at the level cap for months be boring and eventually you would run out of characters to play? Seasonal lets me play the same class (now even the same character) but start over at level 1 and each season try a new build. Last season was hammers, this season is thorns.

Basically seasons make it almost a new game every few months.
    Because there's a lot of things that are NOT fun about playing seasonal, some of which they fixed with the free first set. You have to re-cube so many items, and to do that you have to farm up a lot of bounties. You have to grind up a lot of materials you have in vast abundance on your normal characters just to try out a new type of build.

Then there's paragon levels.

This is my first time seriously playing a season and I've found it very enjoyable, however there's a lot of inventory management which I don't like, since you don't know whether you might try a new/different gear combination in a month's time and getting that item you found again will be difficult. Thankfully, you have a completely empty bank to store those things in, and you can wipe them all out as the season comes to a close.

One thing that really surprised me is the type of people who play in the season vs those in standard. They are much more friendly in PuG groups than standard. I've had people ask me to leave in standard games because they didn't want my class/build in their group, or I only had 800 paragon levels to their 1400. Every group I've played with in season so far has been really friendly, particularly about sharing out loot and notifying in Split bounties about goblin spawns etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    One thing that really surprised me is the type of people who play in the season vs those in standard. They are much more friendly in PuG groups than standard. I've had people ask me to leave in standard games because they didn't want my class/build in their group, or I only had 800 paragon levels to their 1400. Every group I've played with in season so far has been really friendly, particularly about sharing out loot and notifying in Split bounties about goblin spawns etc.
    That's mostly because a) it's the beginning and most people is still low/don't care much about it as it's easy/farming content and b) a lot of people has the same needs as you.
    As soon the difference between hardcore players and casuals starts to get bigger, stuff will get back as before, especially when people is done with season journey and don't care about ladders, so they stop playing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I love seasons, all the hype for the first few weeks, being on the same level as a bunch of the more dedicated players for a little whe and trying to grab some r1's, have a friends list full of people signing on for extended sessions.

At least with leaderboards and friends playing there is some kind goal. I love the game but couldn't imagine grinding without a goal.

Just one persons opinion though