Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Atleast they wont flood Europe.
    Yeah, randomly bombing Syrian towns totally don't cause that in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Every War has casualties. Look, what else would you suggest to do with ISIS? Cut as much of their financial sources as possible is the only way I can see hindering their organization, but wait, Saudies (and others) will sponsor them regardless.
    Rule of thumb : did ''bombing the f.. out of them'' worked in Iraq ?

The title of this thread should be thousands of Syrian Sunni Refugees head to Europe due to Russian bombing. Then maybe people would care.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Oh well, people die in war. If they want to avoid getting bombed, they should flush out their own terrorists instead of harboring them.

If you keep your troops near civilians, collateral civilian casualties are on your head. Otherwise, international law becomes a motivation for the use of human shields.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Oh well, people die in war. If they want to avoid getting bombed, they should flush out their own terrorists instead of harboring them.
    It was said verbatim in WW2 about Germans and Japaneses. Then people realized that a B-29 is a very relative threat compared to the Kempatai.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If you keep your troops near civilians, collateral civilian casualties are on your head. Otherwise, international law becomes a motivation for the use of human shields.
    No. Explicitely no.

I just dont want our government to waste money killing civilians

since putin is more or less an autocrat and wont have to worry about people protesting wars or civilian deaths then just let him deal with the rebels
    and we can focus on domestic policy here,

ISIS doesn't pose a real threat to the "west", while its good relations with Saudi/ turkey will actually benefit the western powers to establish their influence in Syria - the last remaining ally of Russians in the region - in the long run.

In the other hand Russia is in a full on war against losing its last standing friend in the region, they don't care if its ISIS or any other rebel group, they just want to keep their bases in syria after Assad.

Frankly ISIS is not the reason of bombings, not Russians bombs nor US coalition ones. And further more no foreign involved in syria cares about the people. ( most rebel groups and A sad forces are using civilians as meat shield, so they would die either way.)
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-01-20 at 03:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is this bad when compared to our (the West) ratio?

Let's fix our own shit before we start criticizing Russia for having a better ratio than us.

Such ratios are mostly meaningless, since the definition of a ''civilian'' is hard when the legitimate targets are technically civilians (I mean not wearing uniforms)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Nowhere in the article does it say 2106 civilians have been killed by Russian air strikes.
    I agree I misread badly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6822491.html

How about you stop your government from selling bombs that kill civilians before you point the finger? How about that?
    I did criticize my government bombing Syria...... On this very site

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's Russians killing Sunnis, nobody cares. If Americans were doing the same, these forums would be full of American flames.
    It's only ok to hate on Murica, everyone else can't handle the nation bashing, they will report you to the mod's = ban hammer. Again it's only ok to hate on US, everyone else is in the right - right

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, OT: I hope MotherRussia buries every ISIL piece of shit 12 foot under.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    It's only ok to hate on Murica, everyone else can't handle the nation bashing, they will report you to the mod's = ban hammer. Again it's only ok to hate on US, everyone else is in the right - right

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, OT: I hope MotherRussia buries every ISIL piece of shit 12 foot under.
    Americans cry nation bashing even when it's not there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I took the piss out of South West England and got accused of nation bashing America by two posters, so perhaps they have a much broader view of what constitutes nation bashing over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Agreed, that's why it's only ok to bash US bruv, and I'm fully ok with it, again - we are in everybodies fucking business when we should just let people get slaughtered - but people just like to be nosey assholes in our country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I took the piss out of South West England and got accused of nation bashing America by two posters, so perhaps they have a much broader view of what constitutes nation bashing over there.
    Welcome to the internet, crybabies everywhere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The title of this thread should be thousands of Syrian Sunni Refugees head to Europe due to Russian bombing. Then maybe people would care.
    This is the most intellectually dishonest thing I have heard in months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It's just easy to hate on a country for doing the right thing - not to mention my country for fucking it up in the first place

Bashing America isn't against forum rules.

/popcorn

- - - Updated - - -

I'll probably get infracted for this but, I can't resist...

Just think of how many rapes were avoided by the civilian deaths though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    No.
    Obviously.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yeah, randomly bombing Syrian towns totally don't cause that in the first place.
    I'm fairly sure they aren't just picking targets at random lol, it would be detrimental to their efforts to prop up Assad.