Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    So the logic of this thread is what?

Human trafficking is a thing.
    Prostitution gets legalized and taxed.
    Human trafficking is still a thing.
    Blaming legal prostitution for human trafficking.

Sounds super productive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Except that is simply not borne out by facts:

"But there is no substantiation for the argument that a greater influx of Bulgarian and Romanian sex workers in Germany means that inner-European human trafficking is flourishing on account of the Prostitution Act. Equating the activity of prostitution with human trafficking would also mean declaring these women to be victims of human trafficking. Estimates of how many women and men in Germany are affected by human trafficking for the purposes of sexual exploitation differ widely and are not based on sound statistics. The only reliable figures are published annually by the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) in its status report on human trafficking (Bundeslagebild Menschenhandel). Contrary to the claim that the Prostitution Act promotes human trafficking, it shows no increase in the number of victims but rather a slight decline over recent years. However, the status report only shows the statistics known to the police, i.e. those based on completed investigations. If we consider the difficulty of identifying and establishing access to trafficked persons (Herz/Minthe 2006), it quickly becomes clear that the BKA statistics cannot realistically reflect the actual situation. This is also the position of the federal government, which holds that a high number of unreported cases must be assumed (see Bundesrat Printed Paper 17/12504). But there are not any studies seeking to assess the extent of unreported cases that would allow reliable estimates. The position of the federal government is also supported by the experience of the counseling centers, which repeatedly report the difficulties of gaining access to trafficked persons, and which note that not all clients file charges and therefore that even these cases are not reflected in the status report from the BKA. A recent study (Cho/Dreher/Neumeyer 2012) caused a sensation by creating a link between the liberalization of prostitution rights and higher levels of human trafficking. Although the authors themselves concede the poor quality of their data and resort to selective estimates, they nevertheless draw conclusions that they incorrectly present as causal connections. Among other things they refer to data from a UNODC report (2006) but ignore an important distinction: UNODC lists only the number of reports on human trafficking, whereas Cho et al present these figures as the actual number of cases of human trafficking (see Henning/Walentowitz 2012). The authors also do not define the concept of human trafficking, nor do they specify what is meant by “legalization” of prostitution – which in Germany was already legal before the Prostitution Act. The question of whether or to what extent the Prostitution Act encourages controlling (pimping) and human trafficking has generated controversy. Advocates of abolitionism use claims that have not been substantiated about the Prostitution Act in this context, in order to prohibit voluntary prostitution on the one hand and to make the purchase of sexual services a criminal offense on the other. By eliminating the provision that makes it illegal to promote (voluntary) prostitution, the Prostitution Act lays the foundation for improving the working conditions of sex workers and facilitating their access to support structures. Differentiating between prostitution on the one hand and human trafficking on the other does not make it harder for trafficked persons to find assistance. Experience on the ground at most counseling centers, which work together directly with trafficked persons as well as with the police and the justice system, does not confirm any link between the Prostitution Act and an increase in human trafficking (see KOK 2008)."

http://www.spi-research.eu/wp-conten...anyEN_main.pdf

It's like arguing (without evidence) that illegal drug use increases where alcohol is legal, so therefore the way to address krokadil use is to criminalize drinking. It's absurd.
    I read that study before.
    It opens up with " The Prostitution Act – A step toward legal equality and against discrimination"...
    Between the two I'd rather look at the 2012 one to be honest. It seems to be less political.

If it "seems" less political to you, I doubt you read either one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    If it "seems" less political to you, I doubt you read either one.
    Of course. I'm only here because my religious leaders told me to fight against legalization of prostitution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    So the logic of this thread is what?

Human trafficking is a thing.
    Prostitution gets legalized and taxed.
    Human trafficking is still a thing.
    Blaming legal prostitution for human trafficking.

Sounds super productive.
    It's almost like sex trafficking doesn't happen in countries where prostitution is illegal