[Subtlety Legion] How will we regen energy?

I have waited several weeks now to ask this question in hope of seeing some news, but i can't find it.
    Assassination and Outlaw will regen energy the same way they do now (poisons and autoattacks), but what about Sub? Slice has been removed from Sub and i can't seem to find anything new that lets us regen energy? Have i missed something?

Any help would be appreciated

base energy regen is still there, modified by haste(hello alacrity)

Energetic Stabbing - Your openers have a chance to refund 15 Energy. (artifact trait)

relentless strikes - gain 40 energy when entering stealth (vanish/sprint-->vanish[artifact trait])

Master of Shadows - gain 60 energy when you enter stealth; same as above for usage, unsure if one or the other will go live

...and that's all i could find. So yes, we're lacking in the energy regen department, although, if shadow dance activates stealth-based abilities and talents, we may be flooded with energy. Can't say until sub is available to test.

Yeah, i've seen those things aswell, but i still think we need some more energy regen. Like the way we have it now but passive maybe? Would be kind of cool. 8 energy is pretty low, but if it's passive then i have no issues with it. Time will tell i guess. Seems like Sub is one the specs they are still working the most on, since it's not on the Alpha yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Yeah, i've seen those things aswell, but i still think we need some more energy regen. Like the way we have it now but passive maybe? Would be kind of cool. 8 energy is pretty low, but if it's passive then i have no issues with it. Time will tell i guess. Seems like Sub is one the specs they are still working the most on, since it's not on the Alpha yet.
    IMO, you will not need that engery regen we have now because sub appears to play more in stealth then out of stealth and with all the energy we gain every finisher going into stealth gaining 100 and gaining 15 in stealth on chance from using shadowstrike (opener) we will be pretty flooded non stop. A big part of the fight we will be in steath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    IMO, you will not need that engery regen we have now because sub appears to play more in stealth then out of stealth and with all the energy we gain every finisher going into stealth gaining 100 and gaining 15 in stealth on chance from using shadowstrike (opener) we will be pretty flooded non stop. A big part of the fight we will be in steath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistiix View Post
    The tooltips changed. Shadow Dance no longer puts us into Stealth. It actives Shadow Dance - aka we can use Stealth-based abilities but are not in Stealth. Traditionally this has not been allowed to go live as Dance counting as Stealth (can't use Cloak and Dagger during it, doesn't grant Master of Subtlety). So there's actually a good chance all of this energy refer you speak of will only count on Vanish/Stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Falciparum View Post
    The tooltips changed. Shadow Dance no longer puts us into Stealth. It actives Shadow Dance - aka we can use Stealth-based abilities but are not in Stealth. Traditionally this has not been allowed to go live as Dance counting as Stealth (can't use Cloak and Dagger during it, doesn't grant Master of Subtlety). So there's actually a good chance all of this energy refer you speak of will only count on Vanish/Stealth.
    There's significant reason to believe Shadow Dance will still count as entering Stealth for those abilities though, both because Sub would probably be unplayable if it didn't, and because their reason for making the change had more to do with PvP and Solo PvE mechanics (in PvP perma stealth is an obvious issue, and in Solo PvE entering Stealth causes mobs to Evade/Reset — leaving behind a shadow of yourself was a hack to try to fix this but was unreliable).

Quote Originally Posted by dak1 View Post
    and because their reason for making the change had more to do with PvP and Solo PvE mechanics (in PvP perma stealth is an obvious issue, and in Solo PvE entering Stealth causes mobs to Evade/Reset — leaving behind a shadow of yourself was a hack to try to fix this but was unreliable).
    I like how you just made all that up and presented as fact. They've yet to say one word on sub since alpha started and the spec hasn't been playable at all. Also from what we know about stealthing in combat on live it doesn't reset or evade anything. When you restealth with incar up for feral the mobs don't care they attack anyway when you camo with mobs chasing you the mobs don't care and keep coming, vanish ≠ stealth.

With that in mind none of their changes make sense given that they said stealthing every finisher wouldn't work in pvp. Who knows what kind of halfass hack job the spec will get because they will end up low on time and it's a low priority because rogues always are.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-01-22 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falciparum View Post
    That is a very good point. I just have strong reason to believe that it would either have to put you in stealth or the class would not function correctly. If you are going into dance every finisher, gaining 5 CP from shadow strike and auto attacks and then going back into stealth from a finisher you will be energy starved. It would make sense if you gained energy from going into dance. Maybe not 100! But gaining some amount going in would be the only way the class would work to be. I love sub and want to see it top the meter again with a good player behind it.
    Last edited by RennRogue; 2016-01-22 at 07:38 AM.