Thread: E-Cig help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell, I made this post before I went to work hoping to find out if there was a way I could use liquid in my cartridge-based e-cig...come back to find people talking about atomizers and building their own coils...I had no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes. People are talking about modifying e-cigs like there are cars or computers. Guess that makes the one I bought at my local gas station the equivalent of a used Toyota...

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Wouldn't touch an e-cigarette with a 10 foot...no 100 foot pole. Seen a lot of news pieces and articles showing how they can blow up and do severe bodily harm....just like the "hoover" boards. Nope, no thanks.
    Rofl - way to be a media sheep. There were two incidents and both users modified the batteries. Blame the dumbasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Rofl - way to be a media sheep. There were two incidents and both users modified the batteries. Blame the dumbasses.
    American media won't be satisfied until the only thing people smoke is a joint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your rig but you can buy interchangeable "tanks" That have various specs. Different tanks have different delivery methods and tred sizes,you might want to take your rig to a local shop if your unsure about what tabk/cartridge can fit your rig. The best ones imo are ones with separate coils(atomizer) since it's easier to just replace the coil than the entire thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Depends on your rig but you can buy interchangeable "tanks" That have various specs. Different tanks have different delivery methods and tred sizes,you might want to take your rig to a local shop if your unsure about what tabk/cartridge can fit your rig. The best ones imo are ones with separate coils(atomizer) since it's easier to just replace the coil than the entire thing.
    Well that's a problem. I WORK at the shop I bought it at and I have no idea how this stuff works. (This is what I got, btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Well that's a problem. I WORK at the shop I bought it at and I have no idea how this stuff works. (This is what I got, btw)
    What you picked up is a slightly fancier version of the type that look like cigarettes. Which unfortunately, may not help you quit smoking.

If you do find that you are interested in throwing down about $70 for a real deal starter kit, let me know and I can gently guide you through your options.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Wouldn't touch an e-cigarette with a 10 foot...no 100 foot pole. Seen a lot of news pieces and articles showing how they can blow up and do severe bodily harm....just like the "hoover" boards. Nope, no thanks.
    You should check out the amount of cell phones that have exploded, too. Batteries are interesting things. We quite often end up putting things that just might explode into our pockets or near our face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    What you picked up is a slightly fancier version of the type that look like cigarettes. Which unfortunately, may not help you quit smoking.

If you do find that you are interested in throwing down about $70 for a real deal starter kit, let me know and I can gently guide you through your options.
    Yeah, they are a bit intimidating, even the really cheapie ones, but they really aren't hard to get going with one that will actually help. Mine certainly resulted in me quitting smoking. Not a single cigarette since. I tried the slim ones back when they were new, and they just didn't give enough to replace what I was missing.

Deleted
    Buy some solid equipment like a Provari P3 and a nautilus tank. Most of the advice in this thread is garbage.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Buy some solid equipment like a Provari P3 and a nautilus tank. Most of the advice in this thread is garbage.
    Nautilus is really solid, but I moved up to the Atlantis pretty quickly. Would need a battery that can push more W for the Atlantis, though.

I'm sure it's been said already, but, if you want to smoke an e-cigarette and you don't want to go back to smoking regular cigarettes, you're never going to be satisfied with a cheapo one that looks like a cigarette. For starters, the battery won't last you an entire day and the cartridges are the money scam that the companies pull to get you to backload a ton of cash into the equipment that looked inexpensive when you initially bought it.

If you really want to start vaping, I would suggest not buying anything until you have around $50-$75 for the initial commitment. Buy 510 threaded parts because they're pretty much compatible with everything.

A pretty good starter kit would be something like a Kanger Genitank and one of the lower end Kanger variable voltage batteries that are about the size of a cigar. Those parts are solid enough in build quality that they won't explode in your face or something and they let you decide if you like vaping.

If you try it for a while and like it, I suggest moving up to an Aspire tank and buying a Siegelei case mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most instances of rigs is exploding is do to people's let molding without knowing their physics. There are enough regulated rigs and tanks to not worry about something blowing up in your face.

OP, the particular set up you have looks like it's made up of a bunch of proprietary parts. You can search VIP ecig for new cartridges or see if you can access where the liquid is stored in your current cartridges. Cartomizers (cartridges) are not as standard or widely available as vaporizer tanks.