Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    But never has.
    Well, Obama did promise change.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Well, Obama did promise change.
    Don't worry, Republicans delivered on their promise: Ensuring to block as much of Obama's actions as possible and making sure he was an ineffective president. They did kind of fail on the "one term president" promise though.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    If you build anything near the ocean, from now on just build it a few feet higher. Pretty simple.

The annual sea rise is about 3.2mm, it's not a catastrophe anytime soon.
    I can still fish off the same jetties I did as a kid and inject Co2 into greenhouse tents to get bigger plants capable of producing larger, more flavorful fruits.

The end if nigh!!!
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2016-01-21 at 07:53 PM.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You take like personal offense if someone says a scientist is wrong...holy fuck...
    Nobody tries to say that individual scientists are infallible. I mean, who would believe such a thing when there are plenty of examples of mistakes scientists have made throughout the centuries? There have been scientists who manipulate their data, make up data, omit data, or lie about methodologies. These folks are exposed in time because the nature of the scientific method doesn't allow for bullshit. Folks are found out and retractions are made and the body of knowledge gets a bit better.

Sometimes technology advances and new instruments are available and we can make measurements and observations of phenomena that we had no idea about, or perhaps was something we saw in the math, but had no tangible evidence for. New things come to light that do away with long-held ideas and the body of knowledge gets a bit better.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump