Need help with farming credits

Hello everyone.

So, I've been playing swtor for a month now, and have 3 characters on max level (shadow, powertech and marauder if you're interested).
    With the story boost, I just went through it without having crew skills or doing anything on the side.
    The credits I did get through soloing story flashpoints was great, and ofc I spent it all on outfits/stronghold. (every game - want everything, broke as f***)

What do you guys think is a good way to farm credits for a beginner? I assume soloing heroics is out of the way.
    What crew skills are the best for earning? Are there any specific skills I should get that go well with new followers?
    Are there any other viable ways of farming credits?

Thanks in advance.

Also, another subject. Is serenity shadow spec good for pvp?

You should be able to solo most planetary Heroics. So that's easy cash.

It's even better if you get into a group. Each person increases the amount of money each player gets. With 2 people, both get 2x as much money. With 4 people, it's 4x money per person.

RohanV has it right. Heroics are the way to go and if you do them in a group you get a good bit more money. Make sure you do the bonus objectives as well. There is some nice credits to be made their if there not to long.

If you find yourself just doing them solo. You can look over this list at reddit for the short ones. Get more done in your solo time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comme...heroics_guide/

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    It's even better if you get into a group. Each person increases the amount of money each player gets. With 2 people, both get 2x as much money. With 4 people, it's 4x money per person.
    Wow, that's cool. I guess I'll be doing that.

What about crew skills? Do, for examples, skills that make crystals or dyes make the most?

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    You can look over this list at reddit for the short ones. Get more done in your solo time.
    Thanks. I'm starting right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Wow, that's cool. I guess I'll be doing that.

What about crew skills? Do, for examples, skills that make crystals or dyes make the most?
    The places I made significant money was slicing mats. Selling the adaptive circutry for augments made good credits for a long period of time.

Skills that produced augments did pretty well (but you have to play the market a bit):
    Armormechs can now craft Shield, Absorb, and Mastery Augments.
    Synthweavers can now craft Alacrity, Defense, and Critical Augments.
    Armstechs can now craft Accuracy, Endurance, and Power Augments.

And the last is skills that make hilts and barrals. They make money but are harder to sell but if you make a sell, it's big credits (2-3 million each now. (Was higher when 4.0 started) Tanking hilts making better money than DPS ones as they were harder to get and learn to make. The mats are much harder to get to make but when making them you have a chance to make 2 on a crit.

Longer sell time, harder to produce because of mats but big profit if you get into the market at the right time.

Thanks. I'm starting right away.
    If you happen to have a stealth class. It makes many of those heroics even shorter if your going for less time in the grind and get more done. I stopped running them on anything but a stealther because of how fast you can clear many of them. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    If you happen to have a stealth class. It makes many of those heroics even shorter if your going for less time in the grind and get more done. I stopped running them on anything but a stealther because of how fast you can clear many of them. Just FYI.
    Yeah, my main is shadow. Also thanks for your advice on crew skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Yeah, my main is shadow. Also thanks for your advice on crew skills.
    I don't know the best ways to farm, but it feels like just playing the game normally will net you a lot of credits. Shit, run some SM or even HM ops, hope to get Dark Matter Catalyst and those sell for 1mil+ a pop. Doing all heroics will net you a ton from junk you sell and greens/blues you can sell and even epics (stealthing through the heroics feels like cheating, annoying tho a couple heroics can see you through stealth). Run Star Fortress, those 208 mods/enhancements and hilts can sell for a good amount, remember, a lot of people skipping straight to 60, won't know a lot and not have many Data Crystals and spend their money on buying 208 gear.

Slicing can still net you a lot of money, not from the lockboxes, but from the materials needed you gain from missions. Tier 8 epic mats sell for quite a bit and are used in Mk-8 augment (basically this games version of enchants) and also used in High-end crafts of other crew skills. Not too mention the epic missions sell for a good amount too.

REing gear too. 216/220/224 hilts/barrels can be REd and sell for a fuckton. But its 60% to learn and can be risky. I've REd two 216 hilts this week to no luck, so out some crystals, so lost some chance to gear out alts.

You can also, if you have money, buy crates from the Cartel Shop to sell on the GTN. It's pretty much gambling though, but you can get lucky. I sold and made some major credits during the Gold/Silver/Bronze packs when they were on sale.

Well, that's the ways I've learned to make money right now playing.
    Nothing and Everything

Just one thing to add to what tyrant said. 216 and 220 can be learned. Not 224. Don't re those hoping for something should you get your hands on some.

Deleted
    I didn't see it mentioned, but one thing that helped me, was the items needed to make the weekly guild invasion item
    In crew skills it's under strongholds
    They sold incredibly well and fast for me

- - - Updated - - -

Some things I have personally made credits from, isn't groundbreaking amount but it is a steady income.
    Is the lower level hilts/colour crystals/ mods/ armouring and enhancements
    Blue quality I have regularly sold for 17-30k with purple ones selling for 100k+ sometimes
    The higher level ones don't seem worthwhile tho for mods and enhancements and armouring that is, as they seem to sell rock bottom prices
    As I said it's not groundbreaking but it is regular and steady which soon builds up