Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    I will miss solo'ing as a brewmaster, gone will be days when I dont need a healer.
    Healing will be far beyond what it is now. DPS will also likely be higher.

I will miss the kiting, Dizzying haze was superb spell, overpowered yes but still a really awsome spell.
    Keg Smash will have the same range, but 100000 times more threat to make up for the cd difference.

I will miss my statue, my healers will miss my statue, my dps will miss my statue, heck, even my enemy's will miss the statue since now we have to kill them and they cant just dps my statue and despawn.
    Statue is still here.

I will miss guard. It was OP indeed but that was a tuning issue, not the spell issue.
    Guard is still in the game, and better than WoD, for PVP. And there's an artifact trait that replaces Guard very well.

I will miss my kitty as a brew.
    It's still here, just an ox now.

I will miss a choice between my stat stacking way.
    The only relevant stat we lose is bonus armor and it gets replaced by versatility, which is arguably the same thing.

I will miss the cooldown management and being looked at like a god when you solotank certain bosses, specially those warriors.
    Fortifying Brew is finally being made into a real wall. Blackout Strike is going to be pretty important, even if you just spam it. Guard is still around in the Ox orbs.

I'm still debating what to roll for legion, my main has been frost mage since patch 5.2 but brew has been played more this x-pack than cause our guild lacks tanks. Prolly will run brew still, even after all this and feel sad bout the way spec plays.
    I'm holding out judgement until the spec is actually in the game.

clash bc i will always miss clash

rip

10+ Year Old Account
    Clash, and Chi Explosion.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I will NOT miss TeB stacking. For players that play a bit more casually it's annoying to micromanage and killing things without it up makes you hit like a wet noodle.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look I miss Clash just as much as the next guy, but none of you can miss Clash when Legion hits, because Clash has been gone since the start of WoD.

Now I'd gladly trade any one of the Legion talents Celerity, Chi Torpedo, or Ring of Peace for Clash in a heartbeat.

Back on subject, I'll miss the damage component of Chi Torpedo and whoring timewalker, mythic dungeons, or challenge modes....as broken as it is. Oh, and the most iconic monk/brewmaster ability: dizzying haze.
    Last edited by Kirsae; 2016-03-17 at 07:29 PM.

EDIT: holy cow keg smash now has a 15y range
    Last edited by Kirne; 2016-03-18 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    1. Healing will be far beyond what it is now. DPS will also likely be higher.
    2. Keg Smash will have the same range, but 100000 times more threat to make up for the cd difference.
    3. Statue is still here.
    4. Guard is still in the game, and better than WoD, for PVP. And there's an artifact trait that replaces Guard very well.
    5. It's still here, just an ox now.
    6. The only relevant stat we lose is bonus armor and it gets replaced by versatility, which is arguably the same thing.
    7. Fortifying Brew is finally being made into a real wall. Blackout Strike is going to be pretty important, even if you just spam it. Guard is still around in the Ox orbs.

I'm holding out judgement until the spec is actually in the game.
    1. Healing trough and preventing oneshot are 2 different things when it comes to solo'ing actual content. World bosses, Raids, solotanking and so on.
    2. Keg smash has 15 yards range, Dizzying haze had 40 (or 30, at work, cant log atm) and is spamable kite tool.
    3. Statue is a talent. Choice between a stun and a statue, stun usually wins, sadly.
    4. Pvp talents cant be used in pve. Wonder which trait you be speaking of.
    5. Exactly, I will miss my kitty.
    6. Mastery/crit vs Multi/crit vs Mastery/versa. Offensive tank/selfhealing tank vs stagger tank. One of the few specs in the game where you did not have to stack this as main stat, that as 2nd stat, this as 3rd.
    7. Interesting, cant dig up anything else than healing from Ox orbs.

Same here but those will be the things I miss, am not crying over it, just the things I'll miss.

P.S Dear god, give us back Dizzying haze and we will give you Deathknights.
    Last edited by Tinary; 2016-03-18 at 06:25 AM.

1. Healing trough and preventing oneshot are 2 different things when it comes to solo'ing actual content. World bosses, Raids, solotanking and so on.
    2. Keg smash has 15 yards range, Dizzying haze had 40 (or 30, at work, cant log atm) and is spamable kite tool.
    3. Statue is a talent. Choice between a stun and a statue, stun usually wins, sadly.
    4. Pvp talents cant be used in pve. Wonder which trait you be speaking of.
    5. Exactly, I will miss my kitty.
    6. Mastery/crit vs Multi/crit vs Mastery/versa. Offensive tank/selfhealing tank vs stagger tank. One of the few specs in the game where you did not have to stack this as main stat, that as 2nd stat, this as 3rd.
    7. Interesting, cant dig up anything else than healing from Ox orbs.

Same here but those will be the things I miss, am not crying over it, just the things I'll miss.

P.S Dear god, give us back Dizzying haze and we will give you Deathknights.
    1. Trust me: healing is going to be absurd. The same as every other tank except warrior. It got even better with the last build.
    2. They've increased the range on Keg Smash to 15 yds, with an artifact trait to make it 10 yds further.
    3. Leg Sweep is pretty trashcan in raids and will likely be phased out in some CM's.
    4. They removed it in the current build, but there was a trait that made all ox orb overhealing into a shield on you.
    5. It's just a model. The cat also has some weird neck deformation.
    6. I never had to choose for progression. I just went crit recently for the scumbag meters.
    7. #4. Could possibly return as a talent, another artifact trait, or just baseline.

I'm with you on the dizzying haze, though.
    Last edited by stross01; 2016-03-20 at 12:19 PM.

1. Tuning hasnt even started, but we know devs dont want us independent.
    2. Keg smash has a cd if it doesnt hit the pack entirely you're going to have to single target the rest.
    3. Leg sweep is amazing what do you mean phase it out for cms? Anything with a time restriction will always be about big dangerous pulls and leg sweep is great for buying a healer time to bring you up.
    4.the overhealing shield is gone.
    5.the lightning did 70% of its damage, are we making up for that? I dont know
    6. It was stack mastery until it was more optimal to stack crit, there is always a best option.
    7.fort is godlike now, blackout is a dump/spam ability, the only healing is gotox which I hate as its useless if there is any movement, which is when you would need independent healing the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian84 View Post
    1. Tuning hasnt even started, but we know devs dont want us independent.
    2. Keg smash has a cd if it doesnt hit the pack entirely you're going to have to single target the rest.
    3. Leg sweep is amazing what do you mean phase it out for cms? Anything with a time restriction will always be about big dangerous pulls and leg sweep is great for buying a healer time to bring you up.
    4.the overhealing shield is gone.
    5.the lightning did 70% of its damage, are we making up for that? I dont know
    6. It was stack mastery until it was more optimal to stack crit, there is always a best option.
    7.fort is godlike now, blackout is a dump/spam ability, the only healing is gotox which I hate as its useless if there is any movement, which is when you would need independent healing the most.
    1. When did they post that? The only relevant blues I've seen are that soloing will be better than ever. If they're not wanting us to be independent, they should probably remove the 35% ox orb, remove the entire first line of talents, and remove Gift of the Ox.

2. Don't miss. In case you do, you have a constant fire pbae, Flaming keg, Provoke, and Breath of Fire mixed with rolls and 50% increased movement.

3. Did you not watch the part at blizzcon about affixes and whatnot for CM's? I can absolutely assure you that stun-immune is going to be in the mix as it's most of CM's now.

4. I know; I said it was. Thanks.

5. Hopefully something tank-related.

6. Depends on your raid composition and your desire to scum.

7. There's only one fight, in the current tier, where moving to heal really tangles my dick and that's Tyrant. 100% because of her movement, though. No other boss in the zone is made detrimental through moving 1 yd left or right.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I like the brewmaster and windwalker and the class hall (I love the wandering isle), if the state of monks in pvp stays the way it is in current legion videos (and to an extent wod), I will be moving back to my old warrior main.

I can't stand this hit hit run run run heal for 5 seconds only to lose all that hp in one hit again. I may just switch monk to alt (at least for the isle) and warrior to main. Or no alt at all if the artifact level up process is a pain in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a BrM main, Guard.

That's pretty much it. I think Monks are at a good place in Legion.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

- Nimble brew.
    - The loss of chi generators: chi brew and expel harm.

I think windwalker should at least keep chi brew.

And RIP nimble brew! I will miss you.
    Last edited by chaarrllee3000; 2016-05-03 at 06:36 AM.

As a Brewmaster, probably just ever being above 40% health.

Deleted
    SEF. While it was clunky to use at times, and had many problems (mostly long setup time, and spirits being to slow for most running mobs), it added something unique to the gameplay of the class I enjoyed. I'm a bit sad that their solution for those problems is to just scrap it completely and make it a TeB light for cleave with some single target possibilities.
    And probably Expel Harm. BrMs will feel the loss of it a lot more, but also as a WW I always loved the possibility to give myself a small heal to ease damage spikes without needing to stand still and beginning to cast 15k flash heals.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-05-12 at 08:55 PM.

Tigereye brew is gone which is such a big improvement I can't wait to lose it. No more sucking dongle at the start of fights.

Guard for BrM and Chi Ex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dizzying Haze: Good night my sweet prince. I remember kiting adds on 25m Herioc Garrosh.. it made me feel like i had purpose.
    Guard: Blizzard messed up guards tuning by giving it two charges & got upset when people called it OP #feelsbadman
    Clash: For the love of god i want this ability back, it had so much usage in dungeons and raids.
    Zen Meditation: 3 MIN CD 90% REDUCTION. Although only used in niche moments it was still amazing to be able to pull off a full zen med and reap the benefits.
    Fistweaving: Pretty sad to see this go.

I really want to not be negative here but it's not cool losing all of our iconic spells because blizzard doesn't understand how to make them work.

Brewmaster on Alpha feelsbadman...
    Windwalker isn't so bad until you go into PVP.
    Mistweaver i feels is the only thing you can see some improvements in despite mist weaver losing a lot of their spells. 5 man healing was an issue for CMS i don't think that will be the case anymore.
    Last edited by Sickjen; 2016-05-20 at 01:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

I'll miss Fistweaving - it was going to be something awesome, support dps.

But i'll forgive them if they give us Worgen Monks.. with this model.
    When I pee, it comes out as glitter... and then I think it's a party. But I'm still not invited.