Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My agenda : I was not shocked at all to see ''Holy'' translated to ''Pearl'' 20 years ago in FF6, and all minute details change to the script of videogames don't bother me at all.

A videogame is a commercial product, and they are made to be marketable easily. Yuri+''reparative therapy'' is a surefire way to anger people all across the spectrum, so it's changed. That's all.

That's curious however that such an argument don't work when it's for explaing Xenoblade ''censorship'' or DOAX 3 ''censorship''
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-01-21 at 08:41 PM.

Although this may yet prove to be false controversy, I have to admit to being tired of potentially good games having so much difficulty getting ported over. Fire Emblem has always played on the fantasy of being a strong, charismatic and compassionate leader who can change the world through the power of friendship and without adding any wild interpretations to the mix, this is in line with that fantasy.

I also feel like this is j-culture reminding us that we are hypocrites, although it is probably best not to go into why. Just as well, the 'magic powder' bit is your usual vaguely-described, awkward anime goofiness.

I guess it's easier to pretend that criminal persons of color, LGBT (and more recently portrayals of terrorism) haven't been getting deleted from games all along since the 90s in order to cater to our delicate western sensibilities. So basically we have lost content, gameplay and sequels for purely political reasons and I don't really think that's cool and I think it's time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But hey, why bother to check when you can just make assumptions that support your argument : D
    That's all this topic is. The wording in the OP's article is still carrying the narrative about fixing a lesbian so the protagonist can bone her.

The character is not a lesbian. If you never pursue a relationship with her (which you can only do if your character is male, females can't) she can still only be paired with male characters.

yea, that's uh... not cool? I can see the whole drugging the character without her knowing bit to be the worst part. IDK if I'd censor that out but I sure as hell wouldn't come up with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    There's even more I couldn't load into the title due to character limits. It's gay conversion therapy with spiking drinks.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/n...estern-regions
    For once, I think censoring that is the right thing to do. What the fuck, Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post
    Although this may yet prove to be false controversy, I have to admit to being tired of potentially good games having so much difficulty getting ported over. Fire Emblem has always played on the fantasy of being a strong, charismatic and compassionate leader who can change the world through the power of friendship and without adding any wild interpretations to the mix, this is in line with that fantasy.

I also feel like this is j-culture reminding us that we are hypocrites, although it is probably best not to go into why. Just as well, the 'magic powder' bit is your usual vaguely-described, awkward anime goofiness.

I guess it's easier to pretend that criminal persons of color, LGBT (and more recently portrayals of terrorism) haven't been getting deleted from games all along since the 90s in order to cater to our delicate western sensibilities. So basically we have lost content, gameplay and sequels for purely political reasons and I don't really think that's cool and I think it's time for a change.

with spiking the drink of a party member ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    For once, I think censoring that is the right thing to do. What the fuck, Japan?
    Once again, I'm flabergasted, I tell you, flabergasted, to see such a position from someone with a Vivian James avatar, with the whole ''non censorship and freedom of expression'' gig. The last time I was this shocked, it was when I realized that Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post

You made the ending sound like we have lost "truly great pieces of content, endless hours of continuous gameplay, and well-designed sequels" by saying that it was because of political reasons. The article you linked by the way includes something into a game because of a specific group. (Now, I'm not exactly for or against said "group", but the point is related to you saying how we've lost years and years of content)

Losing this sort of plot where a character is basically drugging someone for love is not going to have any effect on the value of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Once again, I'm flabergasted, I tell you, flabergasted, to see such a position from someone with a Vivian James avatar
    That's not a Vivian James avatar, yo.

If you say so, then I apolozige and acknowledge the mistake. Without editing to attempt clumsily to hide the mistake.

Apologies : this is not a Vivian James avatar. I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Why I'm not surprise that for this specific feature, there is not pitchforks, as opposed as (insert any case of censorship raised by GG) ?

For the record, that X or Y or Z dubious plot point is not carried over for an US release leave completely indifferent.
    I love how you post this without even reading the rest of the posts on the first page that are complaining about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

still gonna buy both conquest and birthrights, nothing has changed here(okay okay.. I may not get conquest.. as im not that good at the games, I did get to the end of both GBA titles with minimal loss though... on normal or w/e .. .. .. ok I suck at fire emblem)

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I love how you post this without even reading the rest of the posts on the first page that are complaining about this.
    To be fair, very few people are reading anything past the first post. They all take the article at face value.

Here's the truth: http://techraptor.net/content/fire-e...ersion-therapy

10+ Year Old Account
    So is this actually something in the Japanese version or are people being dumb again and misreading like the dumb Samus / Metroid thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    So is this actually something in the Japanese version or are people being dumb again and misreading like the dumb Samus / Metroid thing...
    The latter of the two. Edge and the poster above you linked to a few sites saying otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's sort of a thing.

What people are portraying it as: You drug a gay woman so she'll bone your male avatar.

What is really going on: The woman isn't gay in the first place (she CAN'T romance any female characters), she just wants to be the sempai in a sempai/kouhai type of relationship with other female soldiers except she is overwhelmed by all the cuteness in your army. So she comes to you for help and you secretly give her something that causes her to view everyone with switched genders. You apologize profusely for your tactics but they wind up solving her problem and she thanks you. This furthers you down the path to romancing her.

In other words, a ton of anime tropes piled on top of each other that people looking to get offended over deliberately continue to misinterpret despite the fact that this was all pointed out over half a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    To be fair, very few people are reading anything past the first post. They all take the article at face value.

Yes straight women just run around having sex with each other..................just like straight guys do......................lol that article.

Nothing about that supports what sarahtasher was saying, it actually makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Yes straight women just run around having sex with each other..................just like straight guys do......................lol that article.
    Also yeah, if you're a woman attracted to women and having sex with them you're homosexual. Just how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Yes many people explore their sexuality when they're young, and many who just never sort out what they want until they're much older.

We also have gay people who refuse to accept it and remain married and have children for years.

Sexuality is a complicated thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Nothing about that supports what sarahtasher was saying, it actually makes it worse.
    I was not supporting sarah. Merely pointing out the herd mentality in this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sort of a thing.

What people are portraying it as: You drug a gay woman so she'll bone your male avatar.

What is really going on: The woman isn't gay in the first place (she CAN'T romance any female characters), she just wants to be the sempai in a sempai/kouhai type of relationship with other female soldiers except she is overwhelmed by all the cuteness in your army. So she comes to you for help and you secretly give her something that causes her to view everyone with switched genders. You apologize profusely for your tactics but they wind up solving her problem and she thanks you. This furthers you down the path to romancing her.

In other words, a ton of anime tropes piled on top of each other that people looking to get offended over deliberately continue to misinterpret despite the fact that this was all pointed out over half a year ago.
    Yeah... sounds like a bucket of fun for PR from people that just want to twist everything to their fitting...

Pathetic nonsense alteration of a non-issue due to over-sensitivity.