Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

Vivian James...Not only is that not Vivian James, its not even remotely close >< Some people.
    All women look the same to that one. A bit of a basket case.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-e...e-in-the-west/

Kinda hate myself for letting myself get hyped, this was expected, but it pisses me off nontheless.
    This is just the icing on the cake knowing NoA, guess i won't buy the game after all then.

Atleast with other games you can import them, unlike here, because hurrr region locks hurrr.
    NoA can go and fuck themself.
    This is upsetting. Granted, the 'petting' was never really a demanded feature in FE, but there is literally no reason to get rid of it. What is NoA afraid of? That a bunch of angry moms are going to start picketing outside their company because you can 'pet' your in-game husbands and wives? It is bordering on dating sim level of interaction, and I realize many parents wouldn't want their 'teens' engaging in them, but I don't really care. Having content removed because there are too many overly-sensitive children (both literal and figurative children) in the US ticks me off.

Don't like something about a game? Don't buy it. NoA should stick to their games. MAYBE the inclusion of this would cause them to lose like 1 or maybe 2% of total sales, but by removing it and making such a fuss about it they are probably going to lose just as much, if not more than that.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    This is upsetting. Granted, the 'petting' was never really a demanded feature in FE, but there is literally no reason to get rid of it. What is NoA afraid of? That a bunch of angry moms are going to start picketing outside their company because you can 'pet' your in-game husbands and wives? It is bordering on dating sim level of interaction, and I realize many parents wouldn't want their 'teens' engaging in them, but I don't really care. Having content removed because there are too many overly-sensitive children (both literal and figurative children) in the US ticks me off.

Don't like something about a game? Don't buy it. NoA should stick to their games. MAYBE the inclusion of this would cause them to lose like 1 or maybe 2% of total sales, but by removing it and making such a fuss about it they are probably going to lose just as much, if not more than that.
    I'm honestly curious, is there even a reason to keep it though, aside from "Well they have it!"?

It sounds like such a completely pointless feature to me, and maybe it's just me, but it seems way too out of place in a Fire Emblem game, kinda awkwardly so. Fire Emblem never was a dating sim, why would it have dating sim features?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm honestly curious, is there even a reason to keep it though, aside from "Well they have it!"?

It sounds like such a completely pointless feature to me, and maybe it's just me, but it seems way too out of place in a Fire Emblem game, kinda awkwardly so. Fire Emblem never was a dating sim, why would it have dating sim features?
    Basically, it is the reasoning of "because they have it". If it was never introduced into the game, this wouldn't be a problem. It's not like if they chopped off a core aspect of the FE franchise. It's not significantly contributing to the core FE game experience, but then again neither did Pokemon-amie, but if NoA removed that feature people would have been furious. There are lots of 'pointless' features in many games, but that isn't reason enough to remove them.

It's about NoA deciding for us what we should be exposed to in-game. Following the link it says that nothing in Fates is inappropriate in Japan, suggesting that they only removed it because they deemed it inappropriate in the US. Of course, this could all come back to the whole 'killing people' thing being deemed not inappropriate, while aspects of a game consider slightly sexual are deemed inappropriate by definition.

It's there, in the game, as part of the game, and there is no reason to remove it in the first place. Even if the inclusion of that feature causes them to lose maybe 1 or 2 percent of sales, outright removing it and causing such a fuss about it (plus the removal of this 'drink' dialogue) would probably cause them to lose just as many if not more sales than that.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-01-27 at 06:14 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

fire emblem awakening went mainstream in the west, something no other fire emblem was able to achieve and now its a game everyone with a 3ds is looking at.

maybe they just didnt want to include a minigame that makes nintendo look like a bunch of weirdo otaku to anyone whos not a weeb

they did the same thing with the bikini dlc in awakening.

anyone not buying the game over this honestly needs to just go back to their senran kagura type games because clearly they only care about fan service

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, it is the reasoning of "because they have it". If it was never introduced into the game, this wouldn't be a problem. It's not like if they chopped off a core aspect of the FE franchise. It's not significantly contributing to the core FE game experience, but then again neither did Pokemon-amie, but if NoA removed that feature people would have been furious. There are lots of 'pointless' features in many games, but that isn't reason enough to remove them.

It's about NoA deciding for us what we should be exposed to in-game. Following the link it says that nothing in Fates is inappropriate in Japan, suggesting that they only removed it because they deemed it inappropriate in the US. Of course, this could all come back to the whole 'killing people' thing being deemed not inappropriate, while aspects of a game consider slightly sexual are deemed inappropriate by definition.

It's there, in the game, as part of the game, and there is no reason to remove it.
    pokemon amie was not a pointless feature as it had lots of ingame benefits

plus petting a pokemon in a nintendogs like side game isnt the same as petting people.

could you pet men in this minigame? because i havent found any screenshots of that, they mightve also removed it so they dint get seen as sexist
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    fire emblem awakening went mainstream in the west, something no other fire emblem was able to achieve and now its a game everyone with a 3ds is looking at.

maybe they just didnt want to include a minigame that makes nintendo look like a bunch of weirdo otaku to anyone whos not a weeb

they did the same thing with the bikini dlc in awakening.

anyone not buying the game over this honestly needs to just go back to their senran kagura type games because clearly they only care about fan service
    They can plop it in later as DLC. I don't care, as long as the content is accessible. Censoring outfits is one thing, but removing content is another (especially when they charge the same amount for the game). I don't think it is healthy for the franchise as a whole (at least in the US) for NoA to just remove whatever they deem 'inappropriate', nor do I think it is a good decision to only make that content accessible for people with a Japanese 3DS that can read Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pokemon amie was not a pointless feature as it had lots of ingame benefits

plus petting a pokemon in a nintendogs like side game isnt the same as petting people.

could you pet men in this minigame? because i havent found any screenshots of that, they mightve also removed it so they dint get seen as sexist
    I didn't really look much into the part of Fates that was removed, only the general idea, so I don't know how many little benefits it did or did not have. The benefits from Pokemon-amie were effectively gimmicks, including Sylveon, and the game probably would have done just as well without it.

I understand it's different from petting people, but that's not the point. The point is that people do get upset at the removal of content via localization for the sheer fact that it was present in the original version, and that is a perfectly good reason to get upset.

This just keeps bringing to mind that people are ok with killing other people in rated T games, but petting people is apparently far too inappropriate. That hypocrisy is already frustrating enough, but its presence causing game content to be removed is even more frustrating.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-01-27 at 06:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can plop it in later as DLC. I don't care, as long as the content is accessible. Censoring outfits is one thing, but removing content is another (especially when they charge the same amount for the game). I don't think it is healthy for the franchise as a whole (at least in the US) for NoA to just remove whatever they deem 'inappropriate', nor do I think it is a good decision to only make that content accessible for people with a Japanese 3DS that can read Japanese.

I didn't really look much into the part of Fates that was removed, only the general idea, so I don't know how many little benefits it did or did not have. The benefits from Pokemon-amie were effectively gimmicks, including Sylveon, and the game probably would have done just as well without it.

I understand it's different from petting people, but that's not the point. The point is that people do get upset at the removal of content via localization for the sheer fact that it was present in the original version, and that is a perfectly good reason to get upset.

This just keeps bringing to mind that people are ok with killing other people in rated T games, but petting people is apparently far too inappropriate. That hypocrisy is already frustrating enough, but its presence causing game content to be removed is even more frustrating.
    Why should we have to pay for it if it's already in the game in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Why should we have to pay for it if it's already in the game in Japan?
    We shouldn't. It should be in there. They should also make the game cheaper if they are removing content, but I highly doubt that's going to happen. Putting it as DLC would open up a whole new can of worms, yes, but I rather that happen than them just removing it from the western version, end of story, with no chance of getting at it without learning Japanese and getting a Japanese 3DS.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    That's a odd bit of plot to the game... I'm interested to see what they come up with in the rewrite.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

IIRC it was the only way to advance character supports for Conquest/Nohr outside of combat, as it doesn't have the skirmishes/random battles that's in Awakening/Birthright. But I haven't been following Fates since it's release in Japan, so I'm probably wrong.