Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Personally I really hate driving, and if I did not have to drive I would not. People, in general, are just stupid and lose common sense when it comes to driving. I am from Michigan so one would think that most people would know how to drive when it snows; which is defiantly not the case. I gave up trying to understand people.

Driving, like working in the service industry, teaches you that generally, people are dumb fucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    This happens in Sweden every year... And even though southern parts of Sweden never really get to have a permanent snow coverage for long during the winter (a week here and there normally) the snow itself isn't an surprise to anyone. It always comes. Part of the hysteria and what is causing it is people whom haven't changed tires to fit the season. People being idiots in other words. Saw one admitting it on the news :P he said "yeah, this happens every year. But I'm stupid. I never change tires in time". lol.

A couple of inches really doesn't require a lot of experience to be able to successfully handle as a driver. And there's rarely ice beneath the snow in southern parts of the country. You get it up here however. Clear ice, and powder snow on top. That is slippery as fuck. Sometimes it takes weeks before the condition is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Ive only driven in snow a few times when I go to lake Tahoe in the winter, we are actually forced to put on tire chains. Do people that live in snowy areas use tire chains also?.
    Haven't seen a car with snow chains around here. I personally don't use them either. Timber trucks and such got it now and then though. - I live in northern Sweden.