Thread: The Division

Page 1 of 212
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Division

Is anyone thinking of getting this game?

Beta starts at the end of the month and I'll probably pre-order for access.

There was big hype for the game years ago, but long delays killed that.

I've heard it's going to be similar to Destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I preordered it so yeah I plan on checking out the beta at least I can cancel if it's bad. I also get $20 off from having Amazon Prime so... Yeah for$40 I will check it out.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it looks shit. It feels like The Crew of shooters. Ubisoft doesn't have the greatest track record, and it seems to be their go at something like Destiny. But I may very well be wrong, maybe the delays helped it. I doubt it though, and I will definitely wait at least a month to see what the general consensus is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I think it looks shit. It feels like The Crew of shooters. Ubisoft doesn't have the greatest track record, and it seems to be their go at something like Destiny. But I may very well be wrong, maybe the delays helped it. I doubt it though, and I will definitely wait at least a month to see what the general consensus is.
    I don't see Destiny at all when I see this game. I see a classic Clancy squad based shooter, in a RPG style kinda like Mass Effect except you only control yourself not the 2 others. From my perspective it looks promising but will depend on actual gameplay to determine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the shooting looks incredibly bullet spongy without any explanation. How a guy in a sweatshirt takes 15 bullets and walks away is beyond me...

Meh looks generic.

Looking forward to this.. Never played this type of game but seems pretty fun.... However seems very multiplayer from the videos of seen... They also dumbed down the graphics in the latest videos vs E3 couple years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    However you feel about Destiny will be similar to how you feel about The Division.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Meh, the shooting looks incredibly bullet spongy without any explanation. How a guy in a sweatshirt takes 15 bullets and walks away is beyond me...

Meh looks generic.
    You nailed it. It's not a third person shooter, it's an RPG disguised as one. It's a secret numbers game, except they aren't secret. You are doing damage exactly as you would in World of Warcraft or Destiny. For me, that does not an enjoyable shooter make. If I play a shooter, I want to be rewarded for my accuracy and creativity, not the quality of my shirt.
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    You nailed it. It's not a third person shooter, it's an RPG disguised as one. It's a secret numbers game, except they aren't secret. You are doing damage exactly as you would in World of Warcraft or Destiny. For me, that does not an enjoyable shooter make. If I play a shooter, I want to be rewarded for my accuracy and creativity, not the quality of my shirt.
    You generally are rewarded for your accuracy in this kind of game, with critical hits on headshots and such. Dunno if it'll be like that in this game as well, though I'd imagine so.

Anyway, FPS(or TPS) + RPG has proven to be a pretty successful hybrid genre, just look at Borderlands, Fallout and Destiny.
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2016-01-21 at 09:39 PM.

I was excited for this at first, but that excitement has waned with the delays and how much of a bust Destiny was.

I'll probably get it, but I'm not pre ordering.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have pre-ordered and I'm looking forward to the beta on the 29th! Will reply back then and say how I feel in more detail. :P
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

I'll keep an eye on the gameplay, if it's good I'd like to play early on but I don't know right now, a lot of what I've seen doesn't instill much confidence. My problem isn't with Ubisoft though, I'm looking forward to Farcry Primal. The only game I have had huge issues with is rainbow six siege. That game was a mess, and probably still is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly has my interest, but after Destiny there is no way in hell I'm preordering or buying 1 day (until post reviews/twitch watching).
    It looks cool, but already has cut content compared to what they said previous (only in Boston, and no trading) but I hope it is great, although with Ubi I have to be a little scared.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I'm interested. I signed up for the closed beta and hope to get in.

I like RS:Siege, and Destiny, and Cover-based 3rd person shooters, so this will probably be right up my alley.

Ubisoft: Montreal are the shitsippers who keep producing sub-par games, and they have not touched this product.

OTOH, Ubisoft likes to microtransaction, and if you can do the ol' 'pay-to-win' I have no interest in the game either.

I also need to know what the end-game is like before I purchase the game. As fun as the story could be, and leveling can be, for a large open world game like this I need something to keep my interest once I'm max level, which is some place Destiny has, and continues to, fail at.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This game ticks lots of boxes for me, but I'm still on the fence...

Xcom 2 comes out pretty soon, that might keep me away from The Division long enough that Uncharted 4 will be realised.

If feedback from the game is postive I might start getting really excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    You generally are rewarded for your accuracy in this kind of game, with critical hits on headshots and such. Dunno if it'll be like that in this game as well, though I'd imagine so.

Anyway, FPS(or TPS) + RPG has proven to be a pretty successful hybrid genre, just look at Borderlands, Fallout and Destiny.
    Accuracy is rewarded with bigger rng numbers yay?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

At first when they showed it I thought this would be some awesome survival shooter in a non-zombie dystopian world. But from what I gathered so far it's just the most clunky and unnecessarily overly complicated setup for a pseudo MMO 3rd person pvp arena shooter.

I'll rather wait for Squenix to fuck up the latest installment of the Deus Ex series.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-01-22 at 01:52 AM.

I was interested, then they did almost nothing for 2 years, then they downgraded the graphics.

Hype went to 0.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like this game is very... divisive.

This type of genre seems to be one of my favorites right now, so I've got it on preorder. I'm sure I'll squeeze at least 50-60 hours of it pretty easy. That's good enough for me.