Thread: The Division

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Don't really agree on ignorable. Having around 115k in Skillpower will make a noticeable difference when using lets say First Aid compared to having >80k skillpower. Can mean the difference of 1 entire bar.
    They were asking specifically about leveling; they're level 7 right now. I'd have totally different advice regarding level 30 endgame stuff, but that wasn't the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They were asking specifically about leveling; they're level 7 right now. I'd have totally different advice regarding level 30 endgame stuff, but that wasn't the question.
    That was an error on my side then, I was assuming a fresh level 30, missed that he's level 7.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. I will come back for the max level stuff once I get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Max level yet? :P
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I fell into a Witcher 3 hole. There is just so much to do in that game! Since I have heard that the "end game" of The Division is lacking, I have been taking my time with it. Up to about level 16 but it will probably be awhile before I hit max level.

It's definitely not lacking end game to me. Always something for me to do. Hell I have 3 chars at 256, and a stash full of 256 gear. Mainly because I am just researching how to mod everything for certain builds, so I held onto anything that didn't suck. Even started a new char last week.

A friend got me the season pass as a gift, Im loving the improvements but this fucking server host they have holy fucking shit. I have dced tonight in every single survival game iv played. The game has crashed 3 times as well. Iv died 3 different times due to dc and thats over an hour invested each time in survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone actively playing 1.6?

The Legendary difficulty offers a nice challenge. I'd love to see that added to all missions. The Incursion is a lot better than the previous ones as well!
    Last Stand isn't really my cup of tea.

Tried it, not fun. Probably going to uninstall. I gave another Ubisoft game a chance but Ubishit is always going to be Ubishit sadly. Shame since it had so much promise i just dont see it having that much longevity for a large number of the userbase thats left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious about their year 2 content reveal.
    Their year 1 content was really underwhelming. With Destiny 2 on the horizon they'll really have to make an impression to keep people playing this game.

With the added cosmetics shop I hope they'll at least rank in some cash to keep the thing afloat.
    I essence this game has huge potential, it's just a damn waste that they have no clue how to steer it in the right direction. All player feedback seems to be largely ignored as well.

If patch 1.4 would have been patch 1.0 then they would have been going for serious gold. Ah well, hopefully they have big plans for year two and turn the thing around.

Anyone actively playing 1.6?

The Legendary difficulty offers a nice challenge. I'd love to see that added to all missions. The Incursion is a lot better than the previous ones as well!
    Last Stand isn't really my cup of tea.
    Yep, got it recently and just finished the main story/majority of the side stuff, on world difficulty 3 now. Still have a metric shitton of stuff to work through/check out since I largely avoided most of the level capped content while I was working on completing the world. Super enjoying the game since I got it, they've done a great job turning it around. Will likely play a bit less now that I've finished my main goal in the game, but there's still a ton for me to check out that I'm pretty excited about.

Now to slowly learn what the shit is up with the gearing system etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yep, got it recently and just finished the main story/majority of the side stuff
    Likewise. I made it to around 23 last year, but set it down before the holidays. I picked it back up the weekend before 1.6 and managed to hit 30 Monday morning. Man, the game pre and post 30 (could also be due to 1.6 changes, can't say) is night and day. Even with just a mish-mash of World Tier 1 gear, my dps & survivability just skyrocketed. Just hit WT5 a couple days ago, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Still have a metric shitton of stuff to work through/check out since I largely avoided most of the level capped content while I was working on completing the world. Super enjoying the game since I got it, they've done a great job turning it around. Will likely play a bit less now that I've finished my main goal in the game, but there's still a ton for me to check out that I'm pretty excited about.

Now to slowly learn what the shit is up with the gearing system etc.
    Yeah, I'm still learning the ropes of end game. I've gotten a pretty good grasp on most of the solo PvE aspects of the game (daily/weekly missions, Underground, search & destroy missions, crates, etc), but I've still been holding back on group / PvP content (Incursions, Dark Zone, Last Stand). I tried Survival (PvE) once, but it ended less than swimmingly.

A few things I haven't been able to figure out yet:

*) what is the best way to get mods with the stats you want (regular, performance, or weapon)? I know you can buy them off vendors, depending on their reset or buy recipes to craft them (but the bonuses are all random). Not sure the best route to go.
    *) Actually, same goes for gear in general. (Yes, I know about recalibration.) Up to WT5 I've just treated gear as a temporary stepping stone and haven't bothered overly much with optimization.

I wonder if I should be vendoring more stuff. Up to this point, I've disassembled everything and crafted nothing (aside for some daily rewards post 30).

It's really weird going from a game like WoW where I have in depth knowledge of game mechanics, history, etc, to The Division where I frankly don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear mods are sold in a nearly BiS condition quite often on the vendors all over the map. You just have to be lucky it's up for their week.
    Example, last weeks reset had a 263 Electronics / 3% Skill haste mod for sale on a DZ vendor. Pretty much the highest roll you could get for a skill based build. That's pure luck of the reset tho.

Other than that, gear mods are easiest acquired via crafting, granted you have a nice stash of crafting materials which most veteran players have due to the fact crafting is pretty much rendered useless post 1.3. Hardly any useful blueprints have been added since, and people have nothing to spend the mats on.

Weapon mods are in the same pool, have to be lucky on the vendor reset. Magazines and grips you can craft, for scopes and muzzles there haven't really been any level 34 blueprints so it's vendor or luck of a drop. No specific farming spot available.

Weapons and gear are found via drops. Since it rains loot nowadays just play the game and you'll eventually get what you want. Sometimes a good rolled weapon or set piece is for sale in the base, costing phoenix credits (gearset, weapons) or normal credits on the other vendors (high end gear, weapons). Last Stand also provides quite some loot if you happen to have that DLC.

Gear mods are sold in a nearly BiS condition quite often on the vendors all over the map. You just have to be lucky it's up for their week.
    Example, last weeks reset had a 263 Electronics / 3% Skill haste mod for sale on a DZ vendor. Pretty much the highest roll you could get for a skill based build. That's pure luck of the reset tho.
    I assume this covers both stat (Firearms, etc) and Performance (+Seeker Mine Damage, etc), right?

Other than that, gear mods are easiest acquired via crafting, granted you have a nice stash of crafting materials which most veteran players have due to the fact crafting is pretty much rendered useless post 1.3. Hardly any useful blueprints have been added since, and people have nothing to spend the mats on.
    Got it. I remember doing a (brief) check last year whether to sell or disassemble unused gear, and I read disassemble. D'oh!

Weapons and gear are found via drops. Since it rains loot nowadays just play the game and you'll eventually get what you want. Sometimes a good rolled weapon or set piece is for sale in the base, costing phoenix credits (gearset, weapons) or normal credits on the other vendors (high end gear, weapons). Last Stand also provides quite some loot if you happen to have that DLC.
    Gotcha.

So my initial impression of "you can buy it if it shows up on vendors, otherwise just play the game and cross your fingers the RNG gods favor you" was pretty close to the mark. Thanks for the clarification & confirmation!

I do, in fact, have the DLC, but I've been avoiding group content because I don't like being "that guy" in groups who doesn't know what they're doing. Of course, now I've made it not just to end game, but WT5 without exposing myself to the meta, so now I don't even have the "still leveling" excuse. :P I've actually been keeping some older gear around for when I finally decide to wander into the DZ. I suspect there will be less min/maxers in a lower bracket.

Did any fun builds survive the new (1.6?) patch? My full electronics seeker/flame turret build is completely gimped, same as ballistic shield in any form. Looks like its now pew pew pew without any use of skills/tactic whatsoever or did I miss anything? Jeah I know I sound pissed, cause the whole patch is garbage pvp focused and all I used was nerfed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Did any fun builds survive the new (1.6?) patch? My full electronics seeker/flame turret build is completely gimped, same as ballistic shield in any form. Looks like its now pew pew pew without any use of skills/tactic whatsoever or did I miss anything? Jeah I know I sound pissed, cause the whole patch is garbage pvp focused and all I used was nerfed to the ground.
    skill builds are even more effective now, in last stand pvp i use seeker mine airburst in tactitians set and one shot groups of players with it, 385k skill power unbuffed, still need a few tweaks could probs hit 400k, this is with 11 sec cd on both heal and seeker.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

As I already said I dont play pvp and in pve the damage is less than before (around 350k skillpower) and the cooldown is easily 10 seconds longer. This is simply not fun anymore to run in the open world.

Finally got around to trying out Underground this weekend, and eventually with PUG...I'm a fan so far. Helped that I had a solid group, but I'm definitely going to be spending more time playing so I can unlock the 2-3 phase missions.

Any one have any thoughts on Year 2 plans?

For those that haven't seen it...

Personally, I am re-loving this game after a couple of months break. Survival and Last stand are pretty fun. But the lack of any real content additions going forward for the next year has me worried. I really want this game to be as awesome as it is so close to being, but looking at their plan I feel a sense of despair.

Anyone else feel the same? Or think they might have something up their sleeve (like a central park patch for example) to keep the game fresh for the next year? Or do you think the game can sustain it self with what is planned?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't even seem to try to compete with Destiny 2 with their year two 'plans'.
    Pretty lackluster. Loadouts and backpack patches will not keep me entertained till their yet to be unveiled winter 2017 'expansion'.

I'd rather have paid, beefy dlc than silly free stuff like calling the above one of two year two expansions.
    Sure they say 'this is not all', yet they did call loadouts, patches (seriously, wtf...) and yet to be detailed seasons and 'three key features' of the first DLC. Map expansions and more story driven content is not on the table for year two either, making year two really shallow from the get-go.

I foresee a dark future for Division. They are either focussing on Division 2 which I think is unlikely or this was always meant as a one-time thing and they where surprised people actually crave for more content and are clueless on how to fill that void.