Question Why has Blizzard not changed the Stormshield/Warspear portal/teleport spell image

If you haven't noticed, the Stormshield/Warspear portal/teleport spell image is the same as the one for Tol Barad.

When I first got my portal/teleport spell for Stormshield I noticed it was the same image as the Tol Barad one. I assumed they would patch a new one in eventually. Here we are at the tail end of WoD and the spell image has yet to be changed.

It's not really that big of a deal, but I don't think it would be that hard to fix. Just create a Warspear and Stormshield log in screen, fit it into the portal/teleport typical spell image, and patch it in. Boom, your done!

Btw, if there is anyone with any kind of artistic skill on a computer, I'd love to see how the spell I mentioned would look, thx!
    Last edited by Lilmonstrman; 2016-01-21 at 04:45 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    To further prove how little they care about Ashran.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

they were saving it for a patch where there was no mage changes so they could shoehorn in 'Teleport: Stormshield has a new icon'

Took until WoD to add a unique graphic to the MoP portal.

Fortunately as the portal in Legion will be a third Dalaran, they can update WoD's one and then don't need to bother for this expansion.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

/shrug

Kinda mad about it though. All these unused assets... See if you can guess what these are before checking their URLs.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2016-01-21 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    To further prove how little they care about Ashran Mages.
    Fixed.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Minute detail is minute. Although I love the minor details and think they help sell the game's immersion, something like this is just SOOO small. You only really see it, what, like a second after you casted it and before you click it to teleport?
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Took until WoD to add a unique graphic to the MoP portal.

Fortunately as the portal in Legion will be a third Dalaran, they can update WoD's one and then don't need to bother for this expansion.
    Nah, they added a unique graphic to the MoP portal some time during MoP. I don't remember exactly when though. I do agree it's kinda lazy though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Fixed.....
    Really? An icon proves that they don't care about mages? I would have higher standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Really? An icon proves that they don't care about mages? I would have higher standards.
    It's not "an icon" only... you know...

It literally is only an icon.

tbh, mage teleports / portals are so awesome to have, the icons could litteraly be red question marks, I would not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    the icons could litteraly be red question marks, I would not care.
    don't give them ideas please