Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The cost should either be very expensive, or free. Im for free there is no good reason for it to cost a thing. And anything short of 1000g is pretty much free any way.

I don't like a simple gold cost. It should either be free or by using a consumable that you buy from a crafter, like a scribe.

Deleted
    Think I would like another type of currency for respeccing, or even better my preference would be a certain amount of respecs per day/week. Gold is not in a state that I would like it to be deciding the respecs.

Deleted
    Swapping spec is a bad thing in the first place- mainly because if the artifact system. At least blizzard makes it seem like it. I can't be bothered with leveling 2 or 3 artifacts, even though I would like to be able to switch between arms and fury.

They said at Blizzcon that it would cost nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lylarise View Post
    "Spec swapping costs gold" thing is the most absurd thing I've ever heard for a loong time. Most of the players didn't want the "all specs are available" thing at first because everyone has one or two roles and they're good at those specs. Making it cost sth is just pure BS.
    +100
    I just cannot even add anything to this. I hope they read this. Punishing everyone with a gold cost just because a few % would like more than 2 specs is stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I don't like a simple gold cost. It should either be free or by using a consumable that you buy from a crafter, like a scribe.
    That's a good idea.

It shouldn't. And deffo not under the motto of goldsink. Because then the poor players will be the most affected. And anything not a gold sink is just a nuisance.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    At least report the whole of it: it's free to swap back to your set primary spec. You can change primary at a class trainer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is how is that any different to just paying out gold each time? People are complaining about it costing anything this idea is still that but in another form..

Also on another note back in Vanilla and TBC you had to pay to learn a new ability or ability rank. And back then money was a lot harder to come by.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    They said at Blizzcon that it would cost nothing.
    If you have a link to that video and or that part then it might make things a lot clearer..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-01-21 at 07:00 PM.

Free...lol you people must be new.

All this whining over a 100g? Just wow, the general player base really is poorer than one would think

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwner View Post
    All this whining over a 100g? Just wow, the general player base really is poorer than one would think
    I have over 500K but would feel ripped off to pay for something that I can currently do freely - and sometimes do just for a tiny amount of time, like doing some dailies on my healer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Free...lol you people must be new.
    Yeah and what about the poor class trainer npc's, they have to feed their families too, they can't buy food for free. Hell even in real life the best things in life are never free..

- - - Updated - - -

Considering that right now you pay about 31g to reset and change spec if one of the two we have now is not needed..

What if they made you pay for the 3 / 4th spec with some crazy cost (10K) but then switching between them was free afterward?

Deleted
    So many people being cheap. Gold has inflated hugely expansion after expansion, and back in the day you used ot have to pay for so much more. Ammo for hunters, reagents for group buffs - a bit of gold for something you do 5, 10 times a week is not going to kill anyone.

There are two reasons I'd be annoyed if it goes live like this.

1) We already have access to two specs after a one time 10g unlocking fee. I'd find it super weird if they take this away. If they let us unlock a secondary spec that we can switch to for free, I'm totally ok with the third/fourth spec costing gold to switch into.

2) 100g or even if they reduce it to 10g might not seem like a lot, but it will add up fast if you actually play multiple specs. Isn't it enough that we have to spend time and effort on multiple artifacts? I like healing occasionally just for a faster queue to random heroics, will I feel that's worth it in Legion if I have to pay to do so? I'm guessing I'm not alone thinking like this either = fewer tanks and healers will queue and wait times go up.

so how come they again removed a achievment from MoP Glory, but they dont touch other kind of old achievs? (share the love, only the penitent etc...? ) and not to mention the awesome 1-2 hour waiting time on Galleon and Oondasta...

I like this idea, I was going to post and say it shouldn't cost gold but something else. This is a nice balance. Paying gold directly to yourself is silly. Make it a crafted consumable, or maybe like engineers can make a robot to do it for everyone around. Something about doing it with no cost on all your specs doesn't make specialization very important.

It adds zero fun or interest to the game to add a spec change cost to the ui.

I could understand using a consumable at a moderate fee (5 g) that was provided by a profession. That at least churns the economy and adds game play value for professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    So many people being cheap. ... a bit of gold for something you do 5, 10 times a week is not going to kill anyone.
    Yeah but if it costs me half the gold from a CTA satchel to switch to tank and back, I'm certainly going to re-evaluate whether it's worth maintaining an extra set of accessories, trinkets, and keeping up my other artifact's relic level and AP. Expect shitty queue times if the cost is anything more than completely trivial.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"