Page 11 of 162 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wraith Walk It's something! Two minutes is a little steep but it's a good step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    The talent tree and the artifact traits are so raw, there's still shit that buffs Death Coil over there. This expansion is so far away.
    That's an exceedingly small point to make to try to say the expansion is far off

Well... our Artifact wasn't touched for a while (last thing as i remember was removing NYI status from one of major traits)...

so does this new soul gorge talent seem weird to anyone else? with the recent changes to heart strike and blood strike they no longer help you apply blood plague so if you take soul gorge it replaces blood boil, our only disease spreader. so we are supposed to death's caress every single mob if you take this talent? am i missing something or is this a really WTF talent?

well... AS mag said - if we have both BB and Soulgorge... it will result in... VERY strange thing. imagine how you bb a pack of 6 mobs and then SG them? (on the last 4 seconds for max effect)...90% rune regen rate?
    But i think it's just new ideas from blizz and hope that it will be tuned or upgraded in the next build.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    well... AS mag said - if we have both BB and Soulgorge... it will result in... VERY strange thing. imagine how you bb a pack of 6 mobs and then SG them? (on the last 4 seconds for max effect)...90% rune regen rate?
    But i think it's just new ideas from blizz and hope that it will be tuned or upgraded in the next build.
    well i understand it could be immensely OP on multitarget fif you had, and the way it is now might be good for single target, but i imagine on any multitarget fight youd lose a lot of damage from your blood plague ticks unless you super micromanage hitting everything with death's caress. in which case your probably losing damage elsewhere from gcds youd be spending on other abilities instead

Soulgorge is no doubt intended to be a single target talent, but it might be really strong in a 2-3 target cleave fight if you can manage it.

Hmm.... hear me out on this... I kind wished Soulgorge would be the Artifact Ability in place of Consumption. Few changes tho. Blood Bolt would be brought back to this tier. Consumption is now Soulgorge with a 45sec cooldown.

Soulgorge (New) Consume your Blood Plagues within 0 yards, dealing [ 50% of AP ] Shadow damage to each infected enemy. Empowers you with a Heal and up to 15% Rune regeneration per plague, for 24 sec. Plagues closer to expiration grant more Rune regeneration, fresh Plagues grant more healing. Applies Blood Shield.

Doing a Blood Boil or Blood Bolt or Deaths Caress with get blood plague on all targets, then either wait till the duration of blood plague get low for a huge Rune Reg boost with Soulgorge or cast right away for a Huge Heal but smaller Rune Reg boost.

The Heal will be based on healing 1% of Max Health per remaining duration of blood plague(Up to 24%) + 1% of Max Health per blood plague absorbed.

I feel Blood Boil is to important to be simply replaced, that or Blood Bolt needs a way to come back for an AOE spread of Blood Plague. Maybe remove March of the Damned and put Blood Bolt there, because I don't see anyone picking that talent..... OR replace Consume Vitality.
    Last edited by Xeoshades; 2016-02-19 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneshatter View Post
    Soulgorge is no doubt intended to be a single target talent, but it might be really strong in a 2-3 target cleave fight if you can manage it.
    Yeah, as it is right now I also believe that it's for ST mostly and at most for cleaving from what I've read. Basically replaces BB with something that will buff us tremendously, depending on how it actually works.

Could someone that is on the alpha maybe explain how it actually works please? Recordings are more than welcome!

Eg:
    - Does it have the same cooldown and charges as Blood Boil or no cooldown at all?
    - Does the duration refresh AND stacks when new diseases are consumed?
    - There's a cap of 15% rune regen PER DISEASE, but is there an actual cap of OVERALL rune regen (assuming it stacks)?

It's nice to see that they hearing feedback about mobility and rune regen. Just hope they get it tuned right....

Also, Veteran of the Third War now also reduces Grip CD, anyone know by how much? Or is it still 20 seconds since they bumped the other specs up to 25 and needed to add wording for that change?

Quote Originally Posted by Artosas View Post
    Or is it still 20 seconds since they bumped the other specs up to 25 and needed to add wording for that change?
    It's this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Yeah, as it is right now I also believe that it's for ST mostly and at most for cleaving from what I've read. Basically replaces BB with something that will buff us tremendously, depending on how it actually works.

Could someone that is on the alpha maybe explain how it actually works please? Recordings are more than welcome!

Eg:
    - Does it have the same cooldown and charges as Blood Boil or no cooldown at all?
    - Does the duration refresh AND stacks when new diseases are consumed?
    - There's a cap of 15% rune regen PER DISEASE, but is there an actual cap of OVERALL rune regen (assuming it stacks)?
    1. No cooldown.
    2. Yes.
    3. The stacking isn't working properly, from what I can gather. I was able to stack up to a certain % using separate casts, however refreshing had odd results. Sometimes it would remain at current stack, sometimes it seemed that the new "consumption" would overwrite the old. Probably due to timer on diseases, how many targets I had, etc. I was able to get up to a 71% stack (Rune refresh at 4.94 seconds, after passive from Bone Shield) after consuming 6 diseased targets, and consuming at 1-second left on the first target.

Range radius feels about 25yards and, ofc, it does nothing if you don't have any diseased targets.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2016-02-19 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    It's this.
    Yeah figured as much, thanks! I didn't think they would reduce Grips CD even more its already i think in a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    1. No cooldown.
    2. Yes.
    3. The stacking isn't working properly, from what I can gather. I was able to stack up to a certain % using separate casts, however refreshing had odd results. Sometimes it would remain at current stack, sometimes it seemed that the new "consumption" would overwrite the old. Probably due to timer on diseases, how many targets I had, etc. I was able to get up to a 71% stack (Rune refresh at 4.94 seconds, after passive from Bone Shield) after consuming 6 diseased targets, and consuming at 1-second left on the first target.

Range radius feels about 25yards and, ofc, it does nothing if you don't have any diseased targets.
    Thanks for answering!

It sounds like a pretty interesting spell and it gives us a viable single target talent in that row now.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Jace uploaded a video on his youtube where he's using the new Soulgorge in a dungeon for those interested
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ACHs-K91Es

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Thanks for answering!

It sounds like a pretty interesting spell and it gives us a viable single target talent in that row now.
    Indeed. Gameplay on multi target fights seems to be really ugly with this so the best possible scenario will probably be single target with the occasional add(s) or cleave. In both cases this talent will add some depth to our gameplay and a good DK will plan its usage around fight mechanics.

oh. Sry if i repeat this question (maybe someone answered this already), but how much cd on DG with last changes on Veteran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    oh. Sry if i repeat this question (maybe someone answered this already), but how much cd on DG with last changes on Veteran?
    20 seconds, as before. Frost and Unholy had CD upped to 25.

I'd agree it probably best as single target, but you could maybe use it in AOE as long as your pretty confident you'll be able to use DnD enough to get aggro??/

Though i wonder how rapid decomposition works out in this tier??

edit: that said, unlike what the person in the video says. I really don't think you need timers to track it. Just catch the first near drop off of your disease, and then you can just use soul grouge when it's got like 2 seconds left. Also, In aoe i don't think i'd waste alot of time trying to dot everyone enemy. I'd just dot 1 or 2, then just heart strike/blood strike from there.

I guess i'll math this out. For this i'll ignore rune regen from other sources.

Soulgorge:
    Runes regen every 10 seconds, and you can regen 3 of them at a time. So, assume you can keep this up 100% of the time you'll regen runes every 8.5 seconds on just one target, but that's for 3 runes. So, in 15 seconds that's about .8 of a rune?? or about 1.2 runes in 24 seconds. So, when you expend 1 rune to get a disease (caress) you get 1.2 runes back, and the runic power associated with that. ignoring multiple targets

So what do you get?? well for the price of a blood strike and 3.2 blood boils you get 1.2 blood strike +1 Deaths Caress. Which is pretty good that's ~32 RP. Damage from runes that's +24% physical damage (extra .2 blood strike) and + 50% AP(deaths caress) +118 Physical -144% ap (3 lost blood boils). SO hmm is this worth it. Every extra target around you, you'll loose out on BB DPS. With 2 or more targets you also start to eat into your marrow rends.

Vs.

Rapid decomposition. For nothing, you get 75% AP and +24 RP(+81%) over 24 seconds per target.

So soul gorge makes you a bit tankier for 2/3 targets, but any more i think decomposition starts to make you tankier??? Damage wise i think you might always do more with decomposition??
    Last edited by mmimzie; 2016-02-25 at 12:36 AM.