Deleted
    I'm starting to wonder how hard can it be for Blizzard to fix Bone Shield, since blood is nowhere to be found yet again in the patch notes.

They either think Blood is fine (and by extension are happy enough with it being borderline useless in some content) or there is a major overhaul incoming.

I can't see minor tweaks taking this long to get to, live in hope or reroll now I guess, for me since I only tank content we can do I'll live in hope that it will get a shade easier to tank that easy content (and hope we get some decent buffs before one of our MT's goes like it is certain he will eventually due to that horror for gamers.... real life)
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

I am 99.9% sure that nothing is going to be done to blood DK's in 7.1. Looks like its time to eat shit or reroll. Blizz is gonna blizz and simply ignore reality. I mean its "THEIR" game right? A class is only doing poorly on logs because more people are playing other specs right? omfg Ion logic. Its so bad. Blood will continue to be bad and a subpar tank because we cant keep boneshield up through dots and auras, and there are mechanics like blackened soul and spear of cenarius in the game. I mean how the fuck is a tank with no baseline drcd supposed to deal with a mechanic that fucks your raid if you dont PREVENT damage, and a mechanic that on heroic or higher difficulty you need to stack to 6 so that you are taking roughly 700k+ damage per second then have to run with our ZERO mobility to get dispelled and take more damage when said debuff is dispelled and live through it?

Im just in shock with how goddamn idiotic this dev team has become.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. This is on point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EG-2j298Xs
    Last edited by Grishnok; 2016-10-20 at 05:35 AM.

Deleted
    If you want Blood buffs, stop playing your DK for a while.
    Yes, they are aware of the issues Blood has but their argument is that BDKs still complete lower and high end content so there is no need to step in (the difference in strengths between tanks doesn't seem to factor into this whatsoever).

EDIT: Loving Teeming & Necrotic yet, guys? :V
    Last edited by mmocd83042b656; 2016-10-20 at 10:47 AM.

Incase of a miracle happens and a Dev or CM comes to see it.

Dear Ion, Celestalon, Ornyx, Lore or any other Dev and CM,

I play this game since 3.0, and spend most of my free time playing WoW (total 700days played time calculated by altoholic addon). And thats much, if you consider I am a 34year old normal guy with a full time job and a wife. 9/10 of that time I play Blood DK, since it was also a DPS spec. I love the lore behind DK, the fantasy of the class, the playstyle etc etc...

This is the first time I post about my spec balance. Propably this will go to the trashcan. At least this is what I see people get in return most of the times. And I am talking about constructive feedback threads, not rage ones. So many threads in the US and EU forums about Blood. Yes you pass through our feedback to the devs as Ornyx said to the US "Death Knights Unite part 1-2-3" threads. What I dont get is your lack of communication. You bandaid some Unholy and Frost things.

What about Blood? Q&A nothing mentioned. 7.1 in some days and nothing yet. So we are minority? Blood never felt so weak. Am I gonna unsub? Ofc not. Legion in my opinion is the BEST expansion so far. Even better than WotLK. Comparing the features and things the game offers to do now is better than I expected. You set the bar very high. Congratulations for that, great job. But... all these good things have a bitter taste to me, because I dont enjoy play my spec. I dont want to main something else. This is the toon I love to play and I have invested most of my time playing with.

Why don't we get an answer in return?
    Are we so few and your priority list is to fix more popular specs? SAY IT!
    Do we have L2P issues and your internal data says we are fine? SAY IT!
    If this is the case, why leave us in the waiting room and say nothing?
    "Guys look, your rotation is wrong, talents are wrong, guides on popular fansites are not optimal, so figure out how to play better, like a hidden appearance or something, our data tells you are ok."
    At least this will do. We get nothing. And waiting and waiting and waiting.

Again. Blood never felt so weak. Bring back fantasy to the spec you said. Your fantasy is a Warrior to outheal a Blood DK? Really?
    I dont have a problem a Prot Warrior, a Guardian Druid or a Prot Paladin being better than Blood. I can live with that. I dont expect to be the best. And dont want to tbh.
    I dont mind taking double damage comparing these specs.
    I expect though to selfheal the half of it to make it even.
    I dont mind these specs having a ton of CDs to mitigate damage.
    I do mind though to have ONE. IBF, baseline Rune Tap, Death Pact, ERW all gone. Give as something! The only tank with no incoming damage reduction CD. Where is the logic behind that? How's that makes sense to you?

Tired all these years hearing Blood so OP, solo content etc. If so OP why I cant find A SINGLE ONE end boss world first kill with a Blood in it all these years? And don't tell me that Paragon and Method just happen to had Warriors, Druids and Palas as mains. These guys can have, and had, all specs on par, and picked up the best comb to make it first.

Don't get me wrong. I am just a casual raider, with heroic raids being my target content with my friends and family guild. I just don't enjoy play my spec the way you did it work (work?).
    Spam Morrorend like maniac to keep the - so easily droping - stacks up, Death Strike selfheals next to nothing comparing the past, Blood Shield useless with the current Mastery state, and begging for external help when a big, non magical ability, is about to hit me. Consumption single target is a joke.
    Not fun. Not fun at all.

Like many many said.
    1) Give us a PROACTIVE reduction CD, at least baseline Rune Tap.
    2) Make bone shield not droping from dots or auras.
    3) Fix our Mastery.
    I don't demand all of them. At least give us something. Never felt the spec so weak.

Like I said. Propably goes to the trashcan. As a customer, NOT HAVING A SINGLE LINE OF BLUE TEXT, saying like.... a) we ll do something, b) you are ok figure out to play better (and if so prove it somehow?), is what makes people angry.
    I m talking about A SINGLE blue line of text. A or B. Is about 10 sec of your work time my fellow Devs and CMs.

Not going to unsub. I enjoy Legion so much, wish I had more time to play my alts. It's just a shame, all this good work to be ruined by class balance, and not enjoy tanking raid bosses as much as I used to.

And don't tell me again in 7.4 or 8.0, "mistakes are learned"... that will be so old joke.

Sorry for typos and such. Suffer Well.

Deleted
    Is there any reason why Warcraftlogs is not giving me a KRSI rating on Il'gynoth. I've tanked it twice now and both time it just only gives the Warrior tank a KRSI rating. I start tanking both horrors first so I am tanking, depending on DPS, more or the same as him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchh View Post
    only gives the Warrior tank a KRSI rating.
    I think it's trying to tell you something...

Gotta say, sure do love tanking Necrotic/Overflowing.
    Just so...so much fun...

I'm just waiting for the "Just use IBF, that's your DR CD. What do you mean you don't have IBF? FUCK we need to fix that it's a key part of your toolkit."
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    I'm just waiting for the "Just use IBF, that's your DR CD. What do you mean you don't have IBF? FUCK we need to fix that it's a key part of your toolkit."
    What on earth are you even talking about?
    Why would we need a tank cooldown?
    We have VB...and bone shield...and uh...rune tap. Yeah. Rune tap.
    That's plenty, sit back down you silly goose.

EDIT: If you're taking too much damage, just throw more health at it. Gem/enchant for stamina :P
    Last edited by Diggsworth; 2016-10-20 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Diggsworth View Post
    What on earth are you even talking about?
    Why would we need a tank cooldown?
    We have VB...and bone shield...and uh...rune tap. Yeah. Rune tap.
    That's plenty, sit back down you silly goose.

EDIT: If you're taking too much damage, just throw more health at it. Gem/enchant for stamina :P
    I really hope you are being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    I really hope you are being sarcastic.
    I added the bit about gemming/enchanting for stamina to try to make it more clear about how sarcastic I'm being.
    ...Very. Very sarcastic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stack Mastery after Haste. Its really better than crit. With Haste>Crit gear i found it so hard to get more than 20% parry. Versatility is just plain bad (low DR % even with high Versa numbers). I have currently pure Haste>Mastery gear and it gives me around 50% mastery > 175k+ Blood Shield on 10% HP Death Strikes and around 250-300k for solid ones). With Vampiric Blood blood shield absorb also get high values. Don't forget - Blood Shield absorb stacks at every DS so you can get like 1.5m + absorb shield while off tanking. IIRC Blood Shield prevent losing stacks of Bone Shield from aoe/dots.

PS Look at Blood Shield absorb as additional healing from DS. The more mastery you have the more heal from DS you get.

Deleted
    How to be a bad Blood Dk 101 - from Highwale
    1) Take SD instead of Rapid Decomposition
    2) Take AMB instead of Ossuary
    3) Stack mastery
    Seriously man, stop coming in this thread to give people wrong advices, you're playing a different game from us.

Blood Shield won't prevent BS charges from being consumed unless the dot/aoe in question is physical damage, and in 90% of the cases it isn't. Even if you were to magically hit 100% mastery, your shields would cover no more than an aa from a boss. VAlso, versatility is the best defensive stat, while crit is still better than mastery via parry + skeltal shattering + leeching, and the best stat for damage.

If you were being sarcastic too, sorry, I didn't detect any sacrasm from your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Stack Mastery after Haste. Its really better than crit. With Haste>Crit gear i found it so hard to get more than 20% parry. Versatility is just plain bad (low DR % even with high Versa numbers). I have currently pure Haste>Mastery gear and it gives me around 50% mastery > 175k+ Blood Shield on 10% HP Death Strikes and around 250-300k for solid ones). With Vampiric Blood blood shield absorb also get high values. Don't forget - Blood Shield absorb stacks at every DS so you can get like 1.5m + absorb shield while off tanking. IIRC Blood Shield prevent losing stacks of Bone Shield from aoe/dots.

PS Look at Blood Shield absorb as additional healing from DS. The more mastery you have the more heal from DS you get.
    You're aware that some boss DoTs (i.e. Rend Flesh) tick for much more than 300k, right?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seriously man, stop coming in this thread to give people wrong advices, you're playing a different game from us.

Blood Shield won't prevent BS charges from being consumed unless the dot/aoe in question is physical damage, and in 90% of the cases it isn't. Even if you were to magically hit 100% mastery, your shields would cover no more than an aa from a boss. VAlso, versatility is the best defensive stat, while crit is still better than mastery via parry + skeltal shattering + leeching, and the best stat for damage.

If you were being sarcastic too, sorry, I didn't detect any sacrasm from your post.
    Seriously i dont get your logic. You all whine what BS stacks eaten by aoe/dots and at same time recommend crit for Skeletal Shattering. You recommend people use damage stat when they complain about survival. At same time Mastery gives absorb shield and increase attack power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchh View Post
    Is there any reason why Warcraftlogs is not giving me a KRSI rating on Il'gynoth. I've tanked it twice now and both time it just only gives the Warrior tank a KRSI rating. I start tanking both horrors first so I am tanking, depending on DPS, more or the same as him.
    because krsi is shit and useless? even kira mentioned that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously i dont get your logic. You all whine what BS stacks eaten by aoe/dots and at same time recommend crit for Skeletal Shattering. You recommend people use damage stat when they complain about survival. At same time Mastery gives absorb shield and increase attack power.
    Look, your suggestions would make sense and be generally sound if Mastery didn't have absolutely fucking garbage scaling. However, BECAUSE Mastery has absolutely fucking garbage scaling, your suggestions are worth less than all of that Mastery you've been getting.

If you're trolling, hah, you got me, I'm an idiot for falling for your bait. Now please cut it out, because eventually someone will see this shit you're spewing and believe you.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Deleted
    How can't you understand that complaining that BS stacks gets eaten and evaluating the best stats are two completely different things.
    Blood shield only covers physical damage, while in 90% of the fight dots/auras are magic damage, thus your stacks will be consumed still. If a tank dot is physical damage (i.e. Ursoc), it will eat away your blood shield with a single tick most of the time. Mastery scaling is absolute garbage, both in terms of attack power and shield scaling, it won't provide any of the benefit you listed.

None of the secondary stats can fix BS stacks getting eaten by auras and dots, that's Blizzard job, crit and (by your logic) mastery are just a bandaid. The only thing you can do is optimize your char for the best defense/damage, that's why all of the competent dks are going haste-vers or haste-crit. The same argument form last time applies: you're free to chose whatever subpar talent and stats you want, but don't sway players coming here for advices.

7+ Year Old Account
    How can't you understand that complaining that BS stacks gets eaten and evaluating the best stats are two completely different things.
    Blood shield only covers physical damage, while in 90% of the fight dots/auras are magic damage, thus your stacks will be consumed still. If a tank dot is physical damage (i.e. Ursoc), it will eat away your blood shield with a single tick most of the time. Mastery scaling is absolute garbage, both in terms of attack power and shield scaling, it won't provide any of the benefit you listed.
    What you expecting? Blood Shield applies by spamable skill - DS. Its gives 250k+ and 500k+ under VB absorb shield. Like i said DS is spamable and ask for more absorb is not serious.

None of the secondary stats can fix BS stacks getting eaten by auras and dots, that's Blizzard job, crit and (by your logic) mastery are just a bandaid. The only thing you can do is optimize your char for the best defense/damage, that's why all of the competent dks are going haste-vers or haste-crit. The same argument form last time applies: you're free to chose whatever subpar talent and stats you want, but don't sway players coming here for advices.
    I still don't get why i should stack crit? Because parry? No thx scaling is awful. Skeletal Shattering? Nah RNG 8% more DR is not serious. Versa? Yea if it would gives same DR as bonus damage.