Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Tbh I don't really understand this whole Felclaw thing.
    KJ damage is absolutely non-threatening outside of it (talking about HC obviusly), and Felclaw itself is almost a non issue for blood thanks to VB.
    Do you need the leggy belt for that?

I find it problematic to cover claws when rune tap lasts only 3 sec. Maybe it's just a matter of practice but I'm wondering how much of it is the lack of experience and how much the lack of specific legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Do you need the leggy belt for that?

I find it problematic to cover claws when rune tap lasts only 3 sec. Maybe it's just a matter of practice but I'm wondering how much of it is the lack of experience and how much the lack of specific legendaries.
    Felclaws is cast every 25 seconds iirc. So you need to deal with it every 50 seconds. it is possible to get VB up without the belt. But it can be close sometimes, if you want to be super save take belt + new ring, you can drop the belt as soon as you get more comfortable with the fight.

As mentioned above try to time your Rune Tap so it covers the 4th and the 5th hit and you are guccie.

If you are really struggeling you could use one RT for 2+3 and one for 4+5, but you Need to be careful with soaking big armageddons then. (but this is Overkill imho, VB is more than enough for the first hits)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by figuratively View Post
    I think the reasoning is, the more health you have, the less likely any given attack is going to do 25% of it. Which means the talent is activated less frequently, and therefore less useful as the opportunity cost of not taking Rapid Decomp or Heart of Ice rises relatively.
    Yes, that is indeed what i am trying to say, it seems that part of the post, missed clarity. A reminder for the future.

I think the reasoning is, the more health you have, the less likely any given attack is going to do 25% of it. Which means the talent is activated less frequently, and therefore less useful as the opportunity cost of not taking Rapid Decomp or Heart of Ice rises relatively.
    On the other hand when I started hc TOS on my DK with low ilvl and picked spectral deflection as an extra cushion to not get 1-shot I came to the point I was constantly running out of boneshield and out of runes so in the end somewhere around mistress I respecced out of it because I couldn't keep it up. Now with higher ilvl I might try it again, I would welcome it not activating all the time only in moments of dire need. I think the concept itself is good, you don't want every single hit to take 2 stacks off you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Felclaws is cast every 25 seconds iirc. So you need to deal with it every 50 seconds. it is possible to get VB up without the belt.
    You mean just from the red thirst talent? Guess I should have been spamming more DS and less banking RP for when I'm gonna take over the boss...

On the other hand when I started hc TOS on my DK with low ilvl and picked spectral deflection as an extra cushion to not get 1-shot I came to the point I was constantly running out of boneshield and out of runes so in the end somewhere around mistress I respecced out of it because I couldn't keep it up. Now with higher ilvl I might try it again, I would welcome it not activating all the time only in moments of dire need. I think the concept itself is good, you don't want every single hit to take 2 stacks off you.
    It's more useful on some fights than others, at lower gear levels. I had much the same issue, early on. I saved it for fights where, when I off-tanking, I had the luxury of re-stacking boneshield and pooling resources before re-taunting.

Question for mythic tanks, Goroth: will I have to actually run away form Infernal Burning on mythic difficulty? On normal and heroic I eat it, because I don't like running around and having to re-position the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean just from the red thirst talent? Guess I should have been spamming more DS and less banking RP for when I'm gonna take over the boss...
    Red Thirst alone is more than enough for VB to be available for every Fel Claws. Are you just not casting DS at all when you're not tanking? Don't forget that there's some lead time into Fel Claws--it's not just taunt and immediately get smashed, so go ham with DS spam while your co-tank has Kil'jaeden.

Deleted
    It's more useful on some fights than others, at lower gear levels. I had much the same issue, early on. I saved it for fights where, when I off-tanking, I had the luxury of re-stacking boneshield and pooling resources before re-taunting.

Question for mythic tanks, Goroth: will I have to actually run away form Infernal Burning on mythic difficulty? On normal and heroic I eat it, because I don't like running around and having to re-position the boss.
    Infernal Burning with the debuff is probably going to oneshot you. Without it, you can survive it, but the dot it leaves on you is pretty nasty. In short: Your healers will like you more if you play the mechanic.

Deleted

As Greif 9 mentioned, with the debuff you will most likely die (+300% dmg in mythic). But even without the debuff you should just run behind a pillar. In Mythic each tank will also have one overlap where you have the tank debuff directly followed by an Infernal Burning and you cannot run behind the pillar fast enough. It is possible to immune the tankdebuff with AMS, works for the first, 3rd, 5th and you want to save AMS for the overlap. Or you need a Priest gripping you behind a pillar after you exploded.

Deleted
    Or you run to the other side of the room, so you stand 25 (i think) yards behind the pillar. Works fine if you are mobile, as a DK you will probably need someone to help you covering the distance though (stamp roar/Tiger Lust)

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    As Greif 9 mentioned, with the debuff you will most likely die (+300% dmg in mythic). But even without the debuff you should just run behind a pillar. In Mythic each tank will also have one overlap where you have the tank debuff directly followed by an Infernal Burning and you cannot run behind the pillar fast enough. It is possible to immune the tankdebuff with AMS, works for the first, 3rd, 5th and you want to save AMS for the overlap. Or you need a Priest gripping you behind a pillar after you exploded.
    Lock portals also work really well for this, means you never have to get hit by Infernal Burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Lock portals also work really well for this, means you never have to get hit by Infernal Burning.
    I'll probably have to do this, when it comes to it. My issue, really, is getting the lug back into position before he walks into pillars. (My solution was to say: fuck it, I'm a death knight, I stand where I wanna stand.)

Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    Red Thirst alone is more than enough for VB to be available for every Fel Claws. Are you just not casting DS at all when you're not tanking? Don't forget that there's some lead time into Fel Claws--it's not just taunt and immediately get smashed, so go ham with DS spam while your co-tank has Kil'jaeden.
    Thanks everyone for the advice, killed hc KJ tonight on my DK (it's an alt, main is a paladin), and I tried with spectral deflection but without rune tap (don't have the legendary ring) and it worked fairly well, was often coming into fel claws with ~8 sec cd left on VB, was taking first 2 hits without, DS-ing them back and then popping VB before the 3rd, it felt definitely less of a struggle than last time, so it could be just the case of adjusting talents and habits.

I tried avatar with spectral deflection after I used it for maiden solo soaking and I knew that I'll try it on KJ (so to save 2 tomes) but tbh it wasn't really worth it, again it was a battle to keep boneshield up. So it seems it's a perfect example of a situational talent, great on some bosses, disappointing on others. I think it's fine, many classes have such talents that only shine in specific scenarios. I think the idea behind it is great, however the current fight design causes it to trigger way too often (incoming tank damage being high in comparison to their total hp pool), and that leads to rune starvation.

Btw, any trinket I should aim for except DMC? That shit is more expensive on my server than the crafted legendary, wtf. Atm I'm using 2 haste stat sticks.

Deleted
    I'll probably have to do this, when it comes to it. My issue, really, is getting the lug back into position before he walks into pillars. (My solution was to say: fuck it, I'm a death knight, I stand where I wanna stand.)
    Infernal Burning destroys all active Pillars anyway (in mythic every destroyed pillar does a Little aoe dmg to the raid) and they start spawning shortly afterwards again, so the boss walking into pillars isnt really an issue.

Deleted
    Goroth revolves mostly about the right timing: I usually begin tanking the boss so I just AMS every odd Meteor, biggest problem is the 2nd Infernal Burning (but you can cheese the mechaninc with AMS + VB if you are not able to get behind the pillar, you'll survive just fine with 920ish gear). Do not forget to respec for March of the Damned ofc.

Deleted
    Btw, any trinket I should aim for except DMC? That shit is more expensive on my server than the crafted legendary, wtf. Atm I'm using 2 haste stat sticks.
    The trinket from Goroth is pretty good. The rest of the tank trinkets from Tomb is once again pretty meh imho. The desolate host trinket is okay i´ll guess if survivability is desperately needed, but it offers Zero dps.

So it again Comes down to Haste/Versa stat sticks, arcano, DMC:I, chronshard etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should you AMS before the Burning Armor (first debuff) is applied to you, or before it explodes and applies the Molten Armor (second debuff) to you? Never bothered in Heroic and before I went on vacation for 3 weeks we used the Prot Warrior cheese to ignore the tank mechanic in Mythic the first week (plus I played a Monk at the beginning of progression until I got the new leggo ring), so I've honestly never immuned it before lol.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Deleted
    Before it explodes, works similar to the cenarius M spear in p1. If you fully absorb the Explosion you dont get the debuff. But tbh i never tested if pre AMS for the first debuff works.

im new here having some question for legendaries

which one is more combination between (Shoulder+belt) or (Shoulder+Arch Trinket) for raiding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Should you AMS before the Burning Armor (first debuff) is applied to you, or before it explodes and applies the Molten Armor (second debuff) to you? Never bothered in Heroic and before I went on vacation for 3 weeks we used the Prot Warrior cheese to ignore the tank mechanic in Mythic the first week (plus I played a Monk at the beginning of progression until I got the new leggo ring), so I've honestly never immuned it before lol.
    Just before the first debuff explodes (i.e. 1sec)

Speaking of AMS cheese, I love it for Maiden. Popping it before Mass Instability finishes as a Light side tank is just divine.