Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    holy fucking shit... what do you think sub and arcane mages are ? they are ez 1 button specs.
    Sub is pretty objectively the most difficult rogue spec to play, so unless you're implying that everything is trivial to play, you should probably stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sub looks extremely dull to people that don't play it because all the damage seems to come from either the trinket or ambush itself.
    Truth to be told though, there is a crapton of micromanaging to do which can quite easily make a huge difference in your performance at the end of the day.

Honestly, Sub is going to be a pain to learn.. but a pain well worth enduring.
    And you should, because as others have said before.. combat just doesn't work on a whole lot of fights theise days.

Its great for 5mans, and it's great for clusterfests.. but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kogbe View Post
    Hello, thanks for checking out my post. I just wanted to ask a few questions. Now, I am fairly new to playing rogue, and I have chosen combat as my main spec. I REALLY dislike playing subtlety. but as it seems though, subtlety is the best choice for single target situations. Is it possible to play combat for single target fights, and still be competitive dps wise? Also, I have heard that it's better to use a dagger MH and slow OH. Currently I have two swords equipped. Should I change over to a dagger for my MH? Also, I have looked for a few days, in search of a in-depth combat rogue guide, with an opener to follow, stat prio, and other things. I cannot find one. If someone could point me into the correct direction, that would be wonderful. I have read through the rogue compendium on this website, and although it is helpful, it's not as indepth as I was looking for. Thanks again.
    If you don't like playing subtlety, don't do it. Sub isn't for everyone. You should ask yourself whether a few percent more ST damage is worth being miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    In my experience people who dont like to play top specs (sub/ arcane /afflic) are in general total newbs
    they dont strive to learn something complicated they wana just faceroll with ez 1 button specs.
    And they trying to find *good* reasons they dont play top spec, like - i dont like it ,i dont have gear
    for it etc etc,
    I always laugh at them, pity.
    I'm playing sub, but I don't really enjoy the spec and I don't find it particularly complicated. The entire spec revolves around pooling your energy for your 1 minute CDs essentially... There's very little room for dynamic gameplay in my opinion, which is boring.

The problem is the weapons imo. Imagine starting a rogue and hunting for both two daggers and 2 other 1H. How do you cope with it?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Champloo View Post
    I'm playing sub, but I don't really enjoy the spec and I don't find it particularly complicated. The entire spec revolves around pooling your energy for your 1 minute CDs essentially... There's very little room for dynamic gameplay in my opinion, which is boring.
    What? The entire spec revolves around managing your cooldowns, which don't only get affected by time, but also by how often you use finishers..
    The combination of those exponentially increase eachothers effect and you have to constantly keep that in mind.

Sub is about as dynamic as it gets, Combat and Assassination are the dull specs -_-'

Deleted
    the hardest part about sub is the opener and thats it... everything else is just waiting for Timers there is nothing hard about sub at all. im not sure if you guys are kidding or not.

Oh sorry i forgot... having to reapply your Rupture every 1.372 Seconds is very difficult and requires tons of thinking ahead.

I just don't understand, why every rogue forum topic is full of people arguing about sub. If you like to play sub - play it, if you don't - don't play it. Just play what you like and be cool with that, sigh. Never seen such shit on other classes' forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    the hardest part about sub is the opener and thats it... everything else is just waiting for Timers there is nothing hard about sub at all. im not sure if you guys are kidding or not.

Oh sorry i forgot... having to reapply your Rupture every 1.372 Seconds is very difficult and requires tons of thinking ahead.
    Sub rogues just like to feel themselves better, claiming their spec is some sort of for "Übermensch spec", i.e. hard and requires tons of calculations. Truth is it's in the top of Simdps list. If sub was in the bottom, do you rly think someone would play it? No, everybody would just stick to Muti and be silent.
    Last edited by ornichi; 2016-02-06 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankrave View Post
    If sub was in the bottom, do you rly think someone would play it? No, everybody would just stick to Muti and be silent.
    Pretty much why it is recommended to learn how to play Sub if you care about your performance in the raid.

Maybe the argument can be made in legion about being a ''Spec'' player but we are still in WoD and right now players are playing a CLASS. If you want to lock yourself to a singular spec be my guest, it won't change anything in my life. Like i said before if you want to maximize your performance inside the raid, you will play the strongest spec available to your class on any given fights. and right now for rogues it is Sub on arguably every fights in HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankrave View Post
    Sub rogues just like to feel themselves better, claiming their spec is some sort of for "Übermensch spec", i.e. hard and requires tons of calculations. Truth is it's in the top of Simdps list. If sub was in the bottom, do you rly think someone would play it? No, everybody would just stick to Muti and be silent.
    Obviously we all play the best spec, that's the entire point. That still has nothing to do with the fact that Sub is the most complicated of the three, currently. Mut is by far the simplest, then Combat, then Sub. I can't even make a devil's advocate case for any other order.

You could argue that assassination is more complex than combat in 2-3 target situations, but that's about it.