Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How does Archimonde M progression go these days?

Hi all. My guild just started on Archimonde Mythic last night. We're 3 healing and getting 2 doomfires so far. I'll post my logs at the end but my main question is how does the fight progress as you learn it? So far we're getting phase 1 down in terms of handling fire, shadowfels, etc. In phase 2, we're doing better than expected on the wrought chaos stuff but then some oops on fire soaking usually happen and we're working through that. Same with 1st chains. We're now seeing the 2nd wrought/chains and getting to 48% on our best attempt. It feels like we probably have another night of working out phase 2 but then how long does it usually take to get through progression of phase 3 since its so incredibly different? If you want to post in terms of number of wipes to hit phase 3, then subsequent wipe counts after that. I hear the 3rd and 4th wave of rain of chaos are the rough parts there, etc. Just trying to get a sense of the mountain we're climbing. Thanks!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3RApbXgmt29fdJQV
    Git Er Raid
    GM and RL for life

We killed it in October, but Phase 3 took much less total time than the rest of the fight. If you can consistently get to P3, you'll kill it shortly after.

I assume that you're 3 healing with the intent to one doomfire p1. Find a way to get openers more consistent to push. It makes p2 pretty trivial and let's one healer just handle the entire doomfire mechanic.

When you're in final phase, you want to structure your raid dps CDs around infernals and your raid movement. Expect 5-6 sets. Try to get to last phase with 0 deaths to sacrifice a tank to the chaos.

Saw the log, you're apparently on server so just message me sometime. Our comp isn't terribly different from yours.

Your warriors should play fury, rogue should play sub and overall your dpsers could step up their game a bit. My guild is almost at the same place as you ar. And we only have one single member above 740, and our total dps is 10-15% above yours

I agree that a lot of your DPSers need to step their game up. I don't agree about the warriors playing fury as Arms will help a lot in p3, but your rogue should definitely be playing sub. But what you should most definitely fix is how many people you have hitting the 1st doomfire. As long as it's dying in less than 10 seconds, you're ok and yours is dying in less than 5, with boomkins casting Starsurges and Starfires on it and stuff like that.

Soul Cap/warrior/chimaera shot/havoc cleave + starfall + executes should be enough to take it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    P3 is very different, but overall there is a pattern to it which is 100% identical every time, so it's a matter of time before muscle memory kicks in there and it's done. There is only one really challenging spot when first set of 4 Internals come, after that it's easy and basically if you get past that with everyone alive it's auto kill.

Deleted
    Phase 3 ain't really hard nowadays. It just comes down to handling marks of the legion, just make sure you don't waste time/wipes trying to get everyone on the same page. What I mean with that is, make sure you know ahead of time what you 'll use (dbm/weak aura/addon or w/e) and that everyone has their things set up properly (only 1 person marking, disabling marking aside from the 1 thing u use etc). The other thing is, have a guy learn the dance patterns ahead of time and call it out as soon as it happens (2 of the 4 are slightly tricky). Aside from these things, there's only 3 points in p3 that are somewhat tricky:

- Conduits #2 come right after Dance #2 so everyone will be stacked up in the safe spot. Just use a roar and make sure people move away from the first conduit spawn fast.
    - Infernals #3 come right after a void star spawn and a dance follows shortly after. Thats probably the only dps check in p3, we make sure we have our dps ring up for that.
    - Infernals #4 the last ones you kill, things get a bit hectic there so you need to be fast with splitting and killing them. We make sure we have dps pots for that part.

That's pretty much it. I dunno about exact numbers, but I'd say you shouldn't need more than 15-20 tries in p3 (as long as you enter it smoothly ofc, with everyone alive no adds etc).

Imo the trickiest part during progress right now is getting to last phase often, aka p2 mostly. It's pretty easy to have random fuckups there (ppl failing lasers/chains/doomfires). So my suggestion is to find something that works (if you cant push 1 doomfire, 4 healers might be better) and stick it until you perfect it. When you've mastered p1 and p2 and get a smooth transition often, then the boss will die quite soon after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenulf View Post
    Your warriors should play fury, rogue should play sub and overall your dpsers could step up their game a bit. My guild is almost at the same place as you ar. And we only have one single member above 740, and our total dps is 10-15% above yours
    Why on earth would a warrior go fury over arms for archimonde prog??

Adding on to the last post, there's a useful add on for marks as well, something with legion and mark in the name. There are discernible rules of thumb for the dance. It's far less movement than you'd expect to do properly.

Edit: lock should probably be affliction
    Last edited by Smight; 2016-01-22 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenulf View Post
    Warriors going Fury only helps on the dreadstalker mob AOE and hurts for the entire rest of the fight, Arms is better for progress and in controlled environment is by far the best for ranking too.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Smight View Post
    Adding on to the last post, there's a useful add on for marks as well, something with legion and mark in the name. There are discernible rules of thumb for the dance. It's far less movement than you'd expect to do properly.

Edit: lock should probably be affliction
    in general the toughest part of the fight now is the last phase when progressing. 3 healing with 1 doomfire should be possible. my guild's dps is far from good but that's doable. affliction only really shines at boss dps in the first 40s. if you can do that without, it's better to bring as many destro warlocks as possible as they are far, far better at dealing with adds in the last phase. affliction is pretty much useless for void stars and way, way worse for infernals. if you have enough classes that excel at those (mainly hunters by a looong margin and then I guess owls are next in line?), playing affliction is fine as someone has to kill the boss. but if you lack strong burst classes for add dps, destro is the way to go. although destro will do 25%ish less in the first 40s.

the dance feels like a joke to me. i expected that you have to learn the patterns or something. but in reality just running 3 yards into the safe area is fine. we're fucking up the marks quite often, people running to the wrong spot mostly. or moving around when they are teh target themself shortly before it explodes, meaning people can't position themself correctly and get pushed into another mark.

one thing that helps us a lot was to use the phase 2 ring only on the boss. we moved the one big add a bit outside so the explosion wouldn't hit it. with our dps right after the explosion, shackles would come up, around 44-43%. we stopped running from those, just stand still and zerg the boss. if DPS lines up for your guild like that, that basically meant we had a full add wave less to deal with as by ignoring those shackles we push him to 40% before dreadstalkers pop up. I guess p2 dps is different for everyone, but if you get new adds just before you phase change, consider if you can somehow push a bit more dps to get a cleaner transition. shackles despawn when you get ported into the nether and do not explode.

Deleted
    Like someone said earlier you dont need everyone swapping to the doomfire but you do need everyone dpsing to push for 1 doomfire. Max damage as much as you can. That being said have your disc do the first doomfire so the tank doesnt have to leave the boss and they can still dps.

Have your lock for affliction and your other mage go arcane for ST damage. With 2 hunters and 3 boomkins you shouldnt have too much trouble with infernals.

P2 you have so many druids roar every single chains to help people get out of the explosions. Tbh you only need Cds on the second wrought since the chains, adds and wrought comes out at the same time. Healers need to focus on the chain targets most of all. This can cause alot of wipes if they die to chain damage.
    You need to find what works for your guild. Some guilds move into the boss for chains so they spawn close to the boss then can roar outwards. Some guilds just Free for all move out. I think the most common comes for the 3rd and 4th chains which come 1 after the other where guilds stack at the portal

P3 I litterally wrote down the entire ability order on angry assignments. The most important parts are the overlaps. Finding out where to lust and Ring for your guild is key. Another key to p3 is being able to sacrifice tanks to source. Each source has 10M hp. Every source you dont have to kill is that much closer to the boss dead. You will get 2 combat resses in p3 as long as no one dies in p1/2. Kill the 1st. Sac 2nd(res tank), Sac 3rd(res tank), Sac 4th ( leave him down as you can solo tank the rest). Thats 30M boss damage you can do instead. There is a rock at the back of the room the tank can get stuck on so they dont get knocked off. It might take a couple goes but it is important they do that trick reliably.

Make sure your healers are tracking mark of choas. I sort the raid frames into groups which allows me to see if a group has multiple marks in their group meaning that group will have less people in it to soak and will therefore need a cd like barrier, spirit links. The other use i have for spirit link is during infernals and dance. You might get 2/3 ticks from the last infernal so a link is nice to keep the raid up.

Marks in big wigs assign them in duration order. We found having the first 2 explode on back left and right giving the mark people more time to get in position. Make sure your markers are assigned so it works that way. Big wigs just assigns a marker you need to put that marker in the right place.

We were having trouble pushing one doomfire reliably so just switched to 4 healers and planned around 2 doomfires. Is that going to make phase 3 dramatically harder?

3 healing is the way to go unless your healers suck and you need the 4th (we've killed it both ways getting raiders kills/mounts)

P1:
    -2 doomfires is fine have a tank handle one and a healer another pretty simple

P2:
    -Wrought is easy just give your melee assigned positions and for ranged if they make sure there isn't another ranged between them and the boss not much movement. (move along line if you do need to move
    -When moving for shackles if your caught on the wrong side of them it hurts no one for you to stand there and wait for them to blow up instead of risking it by running through.
    -Your going to see less deaths and wipes if you learn to hold DPS at 57% until the wrought/chain combo is over. You move to the spawn point pop ring/cd's and blow everything up. Move for last wrought and transition as 2nd set spawns.

P3:
    -Different for guilds based on comp. For us we did the following. And like others have said way less time learning P3 then the rest of the fight.
    -Use ring for 2nd infernals (can time to blow up on source if you need the extra res)
    -hero for star/infernal/dance combo

Video for reference to how we handled P2:
    youtu.be/PF8VV1sNsbE?t=2m

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I would recommend is doing whatever you can to push before the 2nd Doomfire. We 2 healed and lusted on the pull.

Looking through your logs there are a lot of 'casts on target' on the first Deathcaller during Bloodlust (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4815&target=43) - I'd say focus on Archimonde aiming to push, get whatever passive cleave you can on the Deathcaller and blow him up when you're clear of the 2nd Doomfire. It will make Phase 2 much easier. For reference we had 9 casts on the Deathcaller on our progression kill as we pushed phase 2 at the 40s mark.

Phase 2 doesn't take much time to progress through. Learn to stay alive through the wroughts, use personals if you get shackles, break them shortly after the wroughts finish, don't stand in dog circles. We have our tanks trade off handling soaking fires at this point. Use your 2nd ring right after the 2nd shackles are broken, go ham on the boss and adds, and get the ring to only hit the boss and you may not need to deal with the 3rd set of wroughts and shackles. We don't break the 3rd set of shackles and push to p3 as soon as the wrought is starting(around 2:30), doesn't get a cast off most of the time.

Phase 3 is pretty underwhelming with a tiny bit of practice. Teach ranged and healers early not to drop Conduits in bad spots. Between your 4 stack points, I'd recommend splitting your healers and having one tank on each of the 2 near the boss so they aren't both getting knocked back at once - we lost a few melee to there being no tank within melee range. Void Stars are easy. If you're able to save enough rezzes definitely sacrifice a tank for each of the Sources.

As for the dance: http://postimg.org/image/ik43c55qd/full/
    "Also, an easy way for melee to remember the patterns is to observe the top left corner when they start. If the top left corner is going to have fire in it, then the LAST (third) sequence of the pattern will have both top left and top right covered in fire while the safe spot will be either middle left or middle (See Pattern 2/4). Otherwise, melee has a safe zone on either top left or top right."

-After the 2nd dance you'll need to spread immediately to avoid bad Conduit placement.
    -We use Shieldtronics after the 2nd set of Marks as the 2nd set of Infernals happens almost immediately after.
    -A few hybrid raid CDs will be enough to handle Wrought damage if people aren't taking more than they should.

Here's our video if you want to see how we handled a few of those things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPln8emO8k
    Last edited by Slowdive; 2016-01-22 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    Arms warriors (someone suggested fury) are better to push boss through phase 1 (executes on doomfire with sweeping strikes gives realy nice ring explosion)

Rogue should play subtlety

Spec of your warlock is secondary issue, first of all he using useless trinkets for this class (PoF and UGoF) and Kil'jaeden's Cunning as level 90 talent... Even destruction can shine during first 40 seconds, but only with good trinkets (DSI is mandatory, 2nd trinket - 715 heirloom [awesome for this fight] or goren soul repository) and good havoc usage.

Hmm, your palladin tank should take boss first, don't heal him too much above 80% for class trinket proc.

Also, arcane or even fire mage is much better for "1 doomfire tactic" than frost.
    Last edited by mmoc6e1f4e7317; 2016-01-22 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    We were having trouble pushing one doomfire reliably so just switched to 4 healers and planned around 2 doomfires. Is that going to make phase 3 dramatically harder?
    Definitely not. 1 extra dps will obviously make boss and adds die faster, but if you're already progressing with 2 doomfires/4 healers that's totally fine, you don't have to change anything.

The only dps checks in p3 like I said above are infernals #3 and #4 so just make sure you have ring for one and pots for the other. They are more than doable with 4 healers as long as you split them fast enough.

Just to echo it; your rogue should absolutely be playing Sub, but looking at his other logs, I get the feeling that he may not be comfortable playing it. If you want to push for 1 Doomfire, it is practically mandatory to play Sub.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. You're progressing on the last boss of the expansion, and your warlock has no clue what trinkets to use, what stat to enchant or what talents to pick. He doesn't even play the correct spec. I'd understand if he was like 7/13 LFR, but 12/13 mythic, wtf?

can only talk about lock and mage cuz i only play this 2 classes on higher lvl (13/13M)

you may need a new lock cuz he look like hes from noxic and for the mage why tha hell hes frost ? diss enchant hes multi gear and let him play arcane. forst is the last garbage its ok for lfr but not for archi progress
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2016-01-23 at 08:51 AM.