Need some help with regards to my macro

Hey guys, got a question with regards to macro.
    My Revealing Strike and Sap are bound in the same button.

#showtooltip
    /use [combat]Revealing Strike;Sap

Its basically a sap macro which allows me to cast RS when I'm in combat.
    Now, if I were to go against stealth players I would obviously need the following sap macro:

#showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast sap

Problem is I can't combine it with my RS/Sap macro due to the /cleartarget which makes me lose my current target.
    Was wondering if there is any way to integrate both macros together without losing the ability to cast RS on my target once I open on him.

Maybe a stance modifier? But I don't understand stance macros well enough to know if it is possible or not.

My initial hunch is that what you are asking is impossible, but if there is a way, a stance macro may be able to do it.

/cleartarget [stealth]

It will only clear target if you are stealthed.
    So you can try:

#showtooltip
    /cleartarget [stealth]
    /targetenemyplayer[stealth]

That way it only cleartarget when u stealth and will only change enemy player while u stealthed.
    Last edited by Spiritvs; 2016-01-23 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    /cleartarget [stealth]

It will only clear target if you are stealthed.
    So you can try:

#showtooltip
    /cleartarget [stealth]
    /targetenemyplayer[stealth]

That way it only cleartarget when u stealth and will only change enemy player while u stealthed.

Tried the macro but I had to remove the [stealth] after /targetenemyplayer or else I will not be able to cast Revealing Strike on my target (still in stealth due to subterfuge).
    Works fine but after couple of games I realised that if the other enemy player is nearby it will cause me to switch to the other enemy player (and sap him if he's near enough) when I try to cast RS on my current target.

Deleted
    look up stances for rogue and use stances instead of stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8jack View Post
    Tried the macro but I had to remove the [stealth] after /targetenemyplayer or else I will not be able to cast Revealing Strike on my target (still in stealth due to subterfuge).
    Works fine but after couple of games I realised that if the other enemy player is nearby it will cause me to switch to the other enemy player (and sap him if he's near enough) when I try to cast RS on my current target.
    Yeah i didn't took subterfuge in consideration.. but [stealth] should ignore Subterfuge / Shadow Dance since you are not in stealth..
    Anyway you can replace [stealth] with the stance:

/cast [stance:0] -> Normal (no stealth)
    /cast [stance:1] -> Stealth
    /cast [stance:2] -> Vanish / Shadow Dance / subterfuge

As you can see you can force a command to work only in one stance, so use it.
    Also you can use [stance: 1/2] to use a skill in two diferent stances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    Yeah i didn't took subterfuge in consideration.. but [stealth] should ignore Subterfuge / Shadow Dance since you are not in stealth..
    Anyway you can replace [stealth] with the stance:

/cast [stance:0] -> Normal (no stealth)
    /cast [stance:1] -> Stealth
    /cast [stance:2] -> Vanish / Shadow Dance / subterfuge

As you can see you can force a command to work only in one stance, so use it.
    Also you can use [stance: 1/2] to use a skill in two diferent stances.
    Dance and Fuge still make [stealth] Commands work since you are practically in a stealth stance.
    If you just [stance:1] it, it should be fine. However then the macro doesnt work with shadow dance.

You're probably going to have to compromise here. That, or deal with 2 keybindings instead of 1.

Besides, there might be a time where you want to use your subterfuge to sap someone.. so if you're going for maximum diversity and adaptability, making theise 2 abilities in 1 macro is not the way to go. But that is just my take on it. Take it as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Dance and Fuge still make [stealth] Commands work since you are practically in a stealth stance.
    If you just [stance:1] it, it should be fine. However then the macro doesnt work with shadow dance.

You're probably going to have to compromise here. That, or deal with 2 keybindings instead of 1.

Besides, there might be a time where you want to use your subterfuge to sap someone.. so if you're going for maximum diversity and adaptability, making theise 2 abilities in 1 macro is not the way to go. But that is just my take on it. Take it as you will.
    You guys are probably right about the [stealth] command thing.
    I was confused cause im using the [nostealth] in some of my macros and it works on subterfuge / dance..
    Anyway like you said Sap is one of those abilities that should have it's own key bind.

Time to adapt op.. it sucks, i know..

Deleted
    You can bind Gouge and Stealth onto the same button

/cast [nocombat] stealth
    /cast [combat] gouge

The macro will cast stealth if stealthing is possible or gouge if you're in combat.