Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Are you above average intelligence?

No response personally.

Nope.
    10 chars
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    In some area's I like to think so yes. Others no i'm dumber than a rock or simply don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. I'm not dumb but I'm not the smartest guy around either.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

If I'm sober and well rested yes. Otherwise I'm derptastic.

Yes, I think i'm a undiscovered genius, but I suck at spelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Nope but people in my school were dumber than average so i stood out as the big fish in a small pond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't think so but I've been told I am. I don't even see a way to measure that besides arbitrary IQ tests or school grades, which mean fuck all for intelligence and only show how well you can retain and then regurgitate information.

But yeah nah I don't think so. I've never felt smarter than my peers

Deleted
    According to some iq test I did some time ago, yes. It was only a part of the real mensa test though, so I don't think it was accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to say. Too many factors. I am 120 IQ and in Law School, but I am a very oblivious person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, when my ego kicks in. And yes, in comparison to my family, I do indeed possess above average intelligence within our large circuit.
    Compared to the man on the street? I'd be as dumb as a bread.

I'm probably average.

How do you measure intelligence?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    No response personally.
    Considering global intelligence, I do not think I am above average.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Some areas probably, below in others.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to making hot wings I am. I can wreck your fucking LIFE with my hot wings.

Everything else, I'm pretty mEh.

Overall, I would say I'm above average. Like all things, it depends on the subject.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    You guys keep proving me wrong. Keep it up. Please never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    How do you measure intelligence?
    With an intelligence-o-meter.

That's the joke. There is none. There is no empirical measure of intelligence (i.e. no intelligence-o-meter) because the very definition of intelligence is the capacity to acquire and apply NEW knowledge. And thus to have empirically studied a particular piece of knowledge it can't be new.

So intelligence is sort of an abstract idea; the ability to surmise that which can't otherwise be known to the individual whose intelligence is in question. Thus any IQ test that you have studied for the score is automatically 0.

So only through intelligence can you surmise that another being has intelligence and what level they have. And I might think you sound smart and somebody else might think you sound stupid.

Not to be mistaken for being knowledged (i.e. to study that which has already been verified through study and experimentation).

The fact is you can take people who have intellectual disabilities and teach them what are otherwise considered advanced concepts through study and discipline. But the likelihood of them figuring out those advanced concepts on their own through their own experience is fairly slim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only say this because any intelligent person would never say they're more intelligent. Every intelligent person would keep it to themselves.
    Last edited by Jayburner; 2016-01-22 at 09:57 PM.