Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So now real women can lose to fake ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Now i'm really curious how it would go with some of the sports in the olympics that isn't that physically demanding like archery and skeet shooting. Anyone know if the difference is big there today?
    As a quasi-pseudo-makebelieve-pretend-retired competitive archer who knew plenty about the scene and the upper echelons of professional shooters, even in archery where you would think its relatively gender neutral there are still men performing at a higher level. In both sighted and open sight archery men dominated the field to the point there had to be womens divisions like other sports just so they could get recognized.
    I am out of the loop so I don't know if it was around last Olympic games but AFAIK this year we are going to finally have sighted archery in the Olympics which is frankly more exciting to watch

I wonder how actual female athletes like that. There are already quite a few guys around that tried to game the system in various sports and they usually aren't that well received.

Deleted
    and then feminists will complain that men beat uhh oppress women at sports

sorry

trans women
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-01-22 at 11:17 PM.

Chicks with dicks dominating women? This is my fetish.
    Last edited by Hardkorr; 2016-01-22 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, this is stupid. I'm fine with gays and transgendered, but if you look at the categories, men beat women in pretty much every physical activity.

Are you going to sit there and say it's fair when 320 lb "Susan" steps in to the Javelin throw and breaks the women's record by 20 meters?

They'll probably be fine in weight restricted sports like Judo, deadlift, etc, but on free reign sports like swimming, track and field, discus, jump, etc, the transgendered men will have all the advantage while transgendered females will have all the disadvantage.

Edit: If I was Usain Bolt right now, I'd slap some lip stick on, say I was always a woman inside and take the records for both men and women track and field. Do like what Bender did in the robo-Olympics.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-01-22 at 11:21 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    As a quasi-pseudo-makebelieve-pretend-retired competitive archer who knew plenty about the scene and the upper echelons of professional shooters, even in archery where you would think its relatively gender neutral there are still men performing at a higher level. In both sighted and open sight archery men dominated the field to the point there had to be womens divisions like other sports just so they could get recognized.
    I am out of the loop so I don't know if it was around last Olympic games but AFAIK this year we are going to finally have sighted archery in the Olympics which is frankly more exciting to watch
    Any idea of how big the gap is though? I know that in some sports the gaps are really big. I'd imagine the gap between the best 10-20 men is smaller than for the women, not quite sure though.

Unpopular view incoming but I personally feel that transmen and transwomen should be recognised as those genders and not considered legally the same as born men and women. Situations like this only reaffirm my opinion.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Restrictions are set to be loosened to allow transgender athletes to compete in the Olympics without undergoing a surgical transition. Men will be able to compete without restriction, whereas women will have to prove they are below a maximum level of testosterone so as not to enjoy any competitive advantage. Personally I think this is a great move to allow more transgender people to freely compete, but I'll be interested to see if there's any significant backlash from more conservative countries should any athletes take advantage of these new rules.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/01/22...aign=PNTwitter
    I call bullshit on this one. Pink news, yea. It's not yet 1st of april.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What would women be able to compete in?
    Badminton? Synchronized swimming? Ping pong? It's the Olympics, there's lots of stuff in there...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Frankly... I would be in favor of ditching the gender categories in sports in general.
    Well that is just plain ignorant. There are significant psychological and physical differences that give one gender or the other a competitive advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    OK, this is stupid. I'm fine with gays and transgendered, but if you look at the categories, men beat women in pretty much every physical activity.

Are you going to sit there and say it's fair when 320 lb "Susan" steps in to the Javelin throw and breaks the women's record by 20 meters?

They'll probably be fine in weight restricted sports like Judo, deadlift, etc, but on free reign sports like swimming, track and field, discus, jump, etc, the transgendered men will have all the advantage while transgendered females will have all the disadvantage.

Edit: If I was Usain Bolt right now, I'd slap some lip stick on, say I was always a woman inside and take the records for both men and women track and field. Do like what Bender did in the robo-Olympics.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What would women be able to compete in?
    Women and men already compete together in equestrian and sailing. Here's a few others they could Diving, Synchronized swimming, Artistic, Rhythmic Trampoline Gymnastics, Archery, Fencing, Golf, Judo, Shooting, Table tennis, and badminton (maybe). You could have mixed teams in tennis. Maybe a goalie in field hockey?

Those are summer. Winter ones.

Figure skating, Curling, Maybe all the skiing ones, Biathlon?, Luge, Bobsleigh, and Skeleton. You might could get a Ice hockey goalie.

Oh and the US women's football/soccer team would do about as good or better than the men..... LOL.

There you go. There's a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    This just isn't fair, they should not be able to compete on the highest level at all if you'd ask me. Nothing against them personal, but its just not fair for the other contestants. Having a male body just gives physical advantages, even without the testosterone.
    The problem isn't the surgery but the hormones. Specifically HRT which one chemical reduces one type while another boosts the other hormone type. Since hormones can control a lot of things going on in the human body, it makes it impossible to regulate for trans people. Especially in the Olympics where it's already getting increasing hard to catch people who cheat, and come up with creative ways to cheat.

Trans people particularly have to take more HRT cause you're in a transition. On top of that you're genetically pre disposed to your body type. Men who transition to be women are not going to lose their bone structure because of HRT. Your body is still bound by genetics, and HRT is just an exploit in how the human body represents it's secondary sex characteristics. It's probably not a bad idea to restrict those who haven't gone through with the surgery as it may show they don't have commitment to the cause of becoming the gender they wish to be. They could be using a loop hole through trans cause it's a touchy subject.

Olympics can't last forever if they avoid people who don't enhance themselves cause people are getting more creative. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is using CRISPR to enhance themselves which could be impossible to detect. As for trans people, I'd seriously wait. The technology just isn't their to fully transition you over. If you're avoiding surgery, that's because the surgery sucks. Wait for them to be able to grow uterus’s and testicles with stem cells. Then you can make a full true transition instead of half ass HRT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Unpopular view incoming but I personally feel that transmen and transwomen should be recognised as those genders and not considered legally the same as born men and women. Situations like this only reaffirm my opinion.
    Nah man I'm with you.

For me it comes down to sex.

You can raise a dog among cats and in general it will group up acting and behaving like a cat... doesn't make it a cat, and if you try to mate it with a cat you won't get any results.

Same can be said with transgender individuals. You can have a dick and balls and grow up thinking you are a woman... and that is fine. But just because you think it doesn't make it so... the moment you try to mate this man (who think shes a woman) with the "opposite" sex (a man) you aren't going to get any results. Ipso facto he/she/it is a man.

Look we classify things by their genitalia.
    Its not personal, it isn't insensitive, it isn't discriminatory, it just is.

If you want to race we have (2) lines:

HAS A PENIS

HAS A VAGINA
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-01-22 at 11:34 PM.

Who gives a shit about 1% of the population or less?... It's like you would have 1 trans athlete/year and that would be a publicity stunt at best. Fucking grow up!

This trans shit is getting really out of hand.

I'd have to agree with this as well.

Scientific studies have shown that transgender athletes' bodies perform the same as non-transgendered people's bodies after a certain amount of hormone treatment. Hormones change body composition so that someone taking female hormones for years will not have the muscle mass or strength they had before, and maintaining the muscle the person has would be the same amount of work as a cis-woman. The only advantage I have seen that anyone who has actually studied this would claim is that MTF are likely to have experience playing against men (playing at a faster/stronger level); however, any woman can train with men and have the same advantage.

If you want to look into it, a good place to start is here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The problem isn't the surgery but the hormones. Specifically HRT which one chemical reduces one type while another boosts the other hormone type. Since hormones can control a lot of things going on in the human body, it makes it impossible to regulate for trans people. Especially in the Olympics where it's already getting increasing hard to catch people who cheat, and come up with creative ways to cheat.

Trans people particularly have to take more HRT cause you're in a transition. On top of that you're genetically pre disposed to your body type. Men who transition to be women are not going to lose their bone structure because of HRT. Your body is still bound by genetics, and HRT is just an exploit in how the human body represents it's secondary sex characteristics. It's probably not a bad idea to restrict those who haven't gone through with the surgery as it may show they don't have commitment to the cause of becoming the gender they wish to be. They could be using a loop hole through trans cause it's a touchy subject.

Olympics can't last forever if they avoid people who don't enhance themselves cause people are getting more creative. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is using CRISPR to enhance themselves which could be impossible to detect. As for trans people, I'd seriously wait. The technology just isn't their to fully transition you over. If you're avoiding surgery, that's because the surgery sucks. Wait for them to be able to grow uterus’s and testicles with stem cells. Then you can make a full true transition instead of half ass HRT.
    Its not just the hormones, it is their whole body. No amount of surgery can make a male body into a female one. You can have cosmetic changes (boobs and other parts) but that doesn't make you a woman, it makes you look like one. Hormones help with the illusion, but it doesn't change the ligaments and muscles and stuff like that. When a trans woman would really want to compete, there would be no stopping them.

Even if they could get a uterus and everything, it still would not change their body type. They would still have the extra rib, and they would still be physically a man. Its not me being mean, its just the way they where made.

Deleted

The competitive advantage that men have over women would be the effects of testosterone. Both women and men have this hormone, but men have it in greater amounts. The fact that men would need to be below a certain testosterone level to compete would make it fair. By all competitive view points, they would be equal to those who were born with the body of a female.

This is kind of like balancing in wow. It'll determine on where they set the testosterone bar so to speak.