10+ Year Old Account

Good computer desk for under 100 dollars?

I want it big enoigh to fit a 24-27 inch monitor, keyboard on top(I dont like the keyboard underneath on the tray) Mouse and mouse-pad, speakers, and maybe a laptop or a few other things. Room for 2 monitors would be nice but not necessary. Also, maybe it should have a place to put the tower up off the floor. Not sure, but have heard that its bad to let it sit on the floor(my room has carpet).

Check out Ikea, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Check out Ikea, IMO.
    I agree with kagthul, I have two Ikea tables ( linnmon 59x29 inch specifically ) set up side by side and they work perfectly for my setup and so easy to hack them, ill throw some links below. If you have an ikea near you defiantly worth checking out as well as the hacks since you can make the desk into whatever you need.

Ikea Tabletops

Ikea Hacks
    Last edited by Valefire; 2016-01-23 at 07:41 AM. Reason: i suck at spellingz

Deleted
    The most used on the cheap side, ikea desk for desktops is the Galant @ 120$ assuming you have the space for it. The other sub 100$ are either small in width or length or both, considering double monitor and maybe case as well.

You can however, in the link above, pick the different version of desk feet and make 100$ (check the little "type of leg" box). But i don't find them personally as good/stable.

Well what Valefire was suggesting was getting one or more of the tabletops and then using non-Ikea feet/braces to hold them up, which can easily be done.

I have the Bekant (left corner), myself, though not with the ~600$ sit/stand config, just the regular adjustable legs. It holds both my daily driver with a 25" panel and my gaming rig (in the corner) with a 27" panel, no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, my room is quite small. I dont think id have room for both tables. I only have room for a table maybe 3.5-4 feet horizontal and 2-2.5 vertical if looking down on the table top.

Scratch the 2 monitors thing for now. Is my best bet still getting one of the ikea tables? Should I set the tower on top or on the floor since it doesn't have a place for it? Rather new to all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    The most used on the cheap side, ikea desk for desktops is the Galant @ 120$ assuming you have the space for it. The other sub 100$ are either small in width or length or both, considering double monitor and maybe case as well.

You can however, in the link above, pick the different version of desk feet and make 100$ (check the little "type of leg" box). But i don't find them personally as good/stable.
    I would never get the Galant, it costs too much.

Just get the $30 Linnmon table top, and four $4 Adils legs. Total cost is $46 before taxes, and you got a sweet desk that can hold up to three 27 inch monitors in surround. Plus you can always add or change things later, being that they are totally customizable. I personally got the Alex drawer unit, and the Klimpen book shelf. They are a little bit more pricey than the legs, but you can always get them later and add them on as you need. They also sell adjustable legs, which are $15 a piece, but I find the default height of the Adils legs to be pretty good.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...kspaces/11844/
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...kspaces/11845/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Hm, my room is quite small. I dont think id have room for both tables. I only have room for a table maybe 3.5-4 feet horizontal and 2-2.5 vertical if looking down on the table top.

Scratch the 2 monitors thing for now. Is my best bet still getting one of the ikea tables? Should I set the tower on top or on the floor since it doesn't have a place for it? Rather new to all this.
    That is not a lot of space to work with. I would try to make exact measurements to make sure you don't end up getting something that won't work. I still say Ikea is your best bet though. If you have the space I would go for the 59"x29.5" table top, since it seems the most ideal size for a computer, but if you have to go smaller, than that's what you've gotta do. You can see all the sizes right in the store before you buy so you know exactly what you are getting, but like I said, take some measurements first.

Also, you may not think you need the extra depth, or width, but having the space to rest your arms on the desk as you type is extremely nice to have.

I went wireless. Mounted the monitor to a wall on a swivel arm mount, and play from the couch. Keyboard sits in my lap, and trackball mouse sits wherever. When I'm done the thing just folds up against the wall.