Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Often they don't even get to audition.
    And you know this how?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Pretty sure we "need" less old white men voting for who is the best actor. Not just because of black people (because they dont need the right number of oscars per represantation, they just need to be picked, when they are the best actor, which they would be, if you would ask a more diverse (gender, AGE, color) panel), but because that would get us somewhat closer to who actually is the best actor and not who was in the best movie about "that good old time"

Or we could just dont give a fuck about them, just like every other thing, where white old men tell us their opionion about. I think the later is the more practicle option, which I have picked to great sucess so far.
    What would consider "old"?
    To a 9 yo, a 25 yo would be "old". And to someone that is 65 a 80 yo would be "old".
    Being old is a matter of perspective my friend.

blacks are 13% of the american population....consequently they are about that percentage of nominees as well.
    unless you think they are more talented than whites, you can't really explain how they could have a greater market share.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Oscars need to include more minorities in general on their board to get various perspectives. On average the number nominations and winners of awards for black actors has been on par with the percentage of the population that is black. Hispanics and Asians are mainly the ones who get very little recognition or roles in big movies, but I never really hear any outcry about that from Asian and Hispanic communities, so I'll let them fight that fight when they want to.

But the reason I think it is such a big deal this year is that there are 10 available nominations and they chose 8 when there are movies like Straight Outta Compton and Beasts of No Nation that was acclaimed by both fans and critics. It just makes the fact that there are no black nominees more pronounced, because it definitely isn't the case that there was no black talent this year.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the Hispanic, Indian and Asian communities ever get tired of how the black community has an automatic victim card with infinite uses.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Best Black Performer in a Motion Picture is :....

The Oscars is supposed to pick the BEST available movies

If Movies start having "token" diversity actors within in them
    that will bring down a movie and the Oscars

The Academy Awards will loose its credibility its nuance

Cannot see any reason for a ban from some Players lie Will Smith etc
    Not really, there's already black-entertainment awards to celebrate the impact African-Americans have on the business, I don't think the Oscars need to specifically call out black actors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I wonder if the Hispanic, Indian and Asian communities ever get tired of how the black community has an automatic victim card with infinite uses.
    Just because black people choose to fight for what they believe to be injustice doesn't mean that other races can't do it as well. People don't have time to fight for every cause in the world so they fight for what is closest to them.

If Asian, Indian, and Hispanic people want to point out the obvious and more egregious lack of recognition and diversity in the film industry then that is on them. I'll back them up, but right now I'm not seeing them angry about it, so I'm not going to white knight for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The % of oscar winners and nominees who are black is proportional to the actual % of population who are black. This is a non issue.
    Actually it's higher. White and black people have a higher percent nominated/awarded than the actual percents of the populations. Latinos and Asians should be more angry than black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Segregation in the name of diversity. More and more, this is what 'racial equality' has become. Ironic.

When race stops mattering to people - especially to those minorities who are pushing for racial solidarity - racism will disappear.
    Last edited by Underverse; 2016-01-23 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The % of oscar winners and nominees who are black is proportional to the actual % of population who are black. This is a non issue.
    Isn't the issue this year about zero non-white nominations in the Oscars?

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Pretty sure we "need" less old white men voting for who is the best actor. Not just because of black people (because they dont need the right number of oscars per represantation, they just need to be picked, when they are the best actor, which they would be, if you would ask a more diverse (gender, AGE, color) panel), but because that would get us somewhat closer to who actually is the best actor and not who was in the best movie about "that good old time"

Or we could just dont give a fuck about them, just like every other thing, where white old men tell us their opionion about. I think the later is the more practicle option, which I have picked to great sucess so far.
    Uh no we don't. This is a predominantly WHITE country. Therefore things should be predominantly white not equally diverse. Everyone should have equal rights, but black people should not have equal representation when they don't make up the same proportion of the population.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blacks are being racist towards white people , who cares if they don't show up for Oscars.

sure soon as the BET awards have best white actor/actress...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Because of the sample size it should fall into the margin of error.

Meanwhile white people aren't rioting for more white representation in the NBA, or frankly sports in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Name any qualified black performers who should have been nominated.

Nope, If blacks want to get nominated they should just act better. Simple as that. You should be nominated based on merit not on what color your skin is. Wtf man.

Deleted
    the regressive left is further poisoning American society I see

Well, that's because all the good roles go to whites.

And shit like BET exists because black people got excluded for so long. If they were given fair chances there wouldn't be a need for BET.
    No BET exists because BET exsists. Its worthless. Also I think we need more white NBA players of the year or a white player of the year award if you racists insist on a black best actor award.

Often they don't even get to audition.
    If it's just a dramatic problem, what's stopping blacks from creating their own movie studio(s) and offering more/better roles for black actors/actresses? Or are you determined to just sit around bitching that other people aren't fixing your issues?

Tyler Perry movies are generally crap, but cudos for him for doing this. Now if more would stop blaming their woes on Da Man(tm), maybe there'd be less tears.

The Image Awards also need to be more inclusive! Unless they're run by a racist organization.