Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Only just over a year ago, they released AC Unity, Watch Dogs and FC4 all of which were disappointing, underwhelming or just plain inexcusable. I wouldn't say they are the worst but they aren't exactly good. Battlefront at least functioned really well, wasn't glitchy, it was just dumbed down to retard levels of playability and had no depth or longevity.

EA are pretty bad overall when it comes to their business but they do make good games for the most part or at least publish good games. There are a few companies that are worse though as of 2015-2016: WB, Konami, Sega and SEnix but even WB can make good decisions from time to time like leaving devs to do their own work and not forcing unfair DLC practices (eg. Dying Light and Shadow of Mordor).

Worst thing about EA is simply how they gobble up amazing developers, make them rush out a game and then close them for good when they don't sell 10 million copies among other reasons. RIP Westwood, Pandemic, Phenomic, Maxis, Bullfrog. Pandemic especially made the first two battlefront games before EA bought them and then closed them down a year later.
    Ubisoft releases some good games, just not enough to make up for their failures with other titles. The team that does Rocksmith released two games and both were polished and didn't have any issues at release, I'd assume that they are working on another installment to release for the holidays this year though, but the core of those games doesn't need to change much, they just have to add in functionality and program different techniques in order to further improve the depth of the songs they can release as DLC. And Rayman has always been really good as far as release games go.

And you forgot Popcap, they ruined them and made PVZ2 into a P2W game hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    EA is a business, though. They have to make money or you'll get no games at all.
    That said, I feel they've done a better job the last couple of years.
    True they are a business but it's no excuse for a multi-million dollar company such as EA to be making such halfass shit like Battlefront. If you seriously think they did a good job on that then you have to be delusional. The PS2 game has twice as much content. What's the explanation for that? After years of waiting for another Battlefront game and all the new possibilities to be had with all the new technology of today, that was all we got? The game seriously feels more like a demo more than anything. Like it's giving you a taste of what the game is going to be like but then you realize the sad truth that this is the final product.

EA is a blight to the video game industry. Yes they are a business and that's exactly why they are a blight. All they care about is money. They don't have any kind of passion for video games no matter how much they claim to. They eat and shit out hollow carcasses of what used to be such loved franchises time and time again and Battlefront is a great example of that.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-02-02 at 06:24 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Dragon Age I was the last game ive purchased from EA. I have been boycotting them ever singe they made me sign up for their shitty Origin service just because they didnt want to play nice with steam, which by then had already cornered the digital distribution market. Also, i have never forgiven them for closing down Westwood studios.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really want to play Battle Fronts as I loved all the previous versions. But I have to hold my ground. I have boycotted EA for quite some time, and I will not bend or break now.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I really really want to play Battle Fronts as I loved all the previous versions. But I have to hold my ground. I have boycotted EA for quite some time, and I will not bend or break now.
    You're not missing out on much : /

I'm waiting until they Titanfall it and sell the whole thing with all the DLC for $5-10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You're not missing out on much : /

I'm waiting until they Titanfall it and sell the whole thing with all the DLC for $5-10.
    Titanfall was such a great game at first. I really loved the mechanics in it. But I eventually put it on the shelf due to newer games I wanted to play. I decided to pick it back up after a while to see if it still had a player base. I was pleasantly surprised to see there were still people playing. However! It seems the game now makes me motion sick. I couldn't play for longer than 30 minutes before I felt nauseous.

I hate that some games do that to me. But it is what it is.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

And not long after they say this EA attempts to trademark the word "ghost" is anyone honestly surprised?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/...host-trademark

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Titanfall was such a great game at first. I really loved the mechanics in it. But I eventually put it on the shelf due to newer games I wanted to play. I decided to pick it back up after a while to see if it still had a player base. I was pleasantly surprised to see there were still people playing. However! It seems the game now makes me motion sick. I couldn't play for longer than 30 minutes before I felt nauseous.

I hate that some games do that to me. But it is what it is.
    I like Titanfall enough to hope on their sequel and pray that Respawn doesn't repeat the same mistakes that were blatant in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I like Titanfall enough to hope on their sequel and pray that Respawn doesn't repeat the same mistakes that were blatant in the first game.
    Agree with you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    EA is evil. Don't buy EA games.
    yeah EA is so evil they have had better customer support than valve since forever and offered refunds before valve did for steam. The only game I pre ordered this year is an EA game.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Well...enough said?
    Sorry, there are 3 ea games on my radar this year.
    Mirror edge catalyst
    Mass effect andromeda
    Unravel