Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The only way what you are saying makes sense is if your raid is soaking souls that have just spawned at the same time it's soaking souls that are about to reach the boss. TBH though feast of souls is by far the easiest part of the whole fight, so maybe we can be more helpful with some logs to point out what your healers are doing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Thats cool, I still need an answer to the question asked, not reason why I shouldn't need to ask it.
    To be fair, you could have answered it yourself pretty quickly by looking at the log for any Gorefiend kill, or the log of any pull that went through a full feast phase. That probably would have been easier and faster.

Over-complicating the easiest phase of the fight is probably why you haven't killed it.

Assign teams, soak, DPS, win.

If youve even taken any time to research this and watched videos you could see fatboss videos clearly show the exact # of souls that fly out and the exact # of people per wave to eat and times... :/

The answer is 3 per wave. 6 waves to clear it off EVERYONE but tanks... then they soak their own.

And now for the curve ball.....

If you fail to soak a soul and it hits Gorefiend, the total number of waves and Souls changes.... *mind blown*

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    At no point did anyone ask why I needed to know, they just flat out told me I am stupid for wanting to know and it doesnt matter.

And just FYI, I want to know because my guild is having trouble spreading out the explosions so I want an exact number in order to space them out better.
    The explosions shouldn't be too much trouble if your healers are on top of it and CD's are properly used in that phase (i.e. "spreading" them out should not be necessary).

The key facts to know about taking the unstable souls are 1) do it away from everyone, that is, run out of the group and grab it as opposed to letting it come to you, because the explosion damage splashes roughly 10 yards, and 2) use a personal if you're already low on health when you do it.

If you're losing people to unstable souls, one or both of those two things are likely what is going wrong.

Usually it's around 11-13 if no souls go through. It varies from pull to pull.

As for the explosion damage, soak them farther away from the raid and tell people soaking not to wait until the last minute.

That number is wrong, it's at least like 16-17+. You have 14 people going down per phase, and there's always a few to spare.

There is no exact number, or exact wave. We split the team up into 3 groups.
    Right, left and center. You go in order you are written down as (we use a note for excorsus)
    Some times, the right side has to wait so long that 3-4 people in the middle have gotten theirs.
    Its not an exact science, but it doesn't need to be.

With the item level you can achieve now that phase has gone from a challenge to a joke. The only part of the fight you need to concern yourself with is the first part, and as long as the souls don't reach the boss then you have done a fine job, even if a few DPS don't get one. At worst, it means you need to rez some one. At best, they aren't skilled enough to matter down there.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV