Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    What many players of any game and especially WoW don't understand is that when you redesign the whole game in your extremely extensive list of ideas, you basically create a whole different game. This is World of Warcraft. It will never change that much, only in small iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I want un metered clean electricity. Go and get Fusion Reactors working already.

It is one thing for a designer to write things down new ideas. It is another to go and tell the engineers to make it happen.

Some of things you listed have not happen because, despite people complaining about it, making it work is hard.

As they say, talk is cheap.
    Ok. I see I see, well I feel like their gonna have to do something anyways, if they can do garrison stuff and phasing, I'm not sure why some of the things I said here would be too far fetched. The voting system could just be like the LFR system, and they have holidays within the game that makes props and npc's pop up all the sudden, perhaps they could use that, or maybe phasing instead.

Plus I'd wish they'd say that instead of just dismissing everything. They would garner so much more sympathy from me if they just say that.... Cause if thats the case, it feels kinda like cheap manipulation on Blizz part, and feeling maipulated doesnt feel good. I just feel like if thats the case then it seems smart to be more clear with it.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-01-24 at 11:44 PM.

I could tell this was going to be a horrible idea from the title of the thread. I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by L e g i o n View Post
    I could tell this was going to be a horrible idea from the title of the thread. I was right.
    Depends what kind of MMO your looking for, depending on which it possibly could. But curiously, what would be an awesome description of an MMO for you if you read it at the backcover of an MMO?

The title is a bit of a bait, but idk if some of guys are just trolling, but what do ya'll have to say about these other questions?
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-01-25 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowcrow View Post
    Ok. I see I see, well I feel like their gonna have to do something anyways, if they can do garrison stuff and phasing, I'm not sure why some of the things I said here would be too far fetched. The voting system could just be like the LFR system, and they have holidays within the game that makes props and npc's pop up all the sudden, perhaps they could use that, or maybe phasing instead.
    I cannot say. They have to make decisions on what would make the cut and what would not. And one thing is that they have started on something but decided to cut it due to time. It happens in films, books, video games. Things gets cuts.

The events sounds nice. Gives some life to the cities. The problem is that others would consider it waste of time and effort. Some players do not care. They want more dungeons, more raids, more bosses, more loot. Anything thing else is just fluff to them.

Plus I'd wish they'd say that instead of just dismissing everything. They would garner so much more sympathy from me if they just say that.... Cause if thats the case, it feels kinda like cheap manipulation on Blizz part, and feeling maipulated doesnt feel good. I just feel like if thats the case then it seems smart to be more clear with it.
    They do sometime gives explanation but some players do accept. To them, "it is easy". Take the backpack. Many people wants a bigger backpack. Blizzard has said they looked into it and decides it was too difficulty and too risky. For some players, they cannot understand what is so hard just tweek a number from 16 to 20 or higher.

If it was easy, why had they not done it?

Deleted
    Micromangement only happens every 20, 30 minutes of inactivity within the game so the players can find something to do instead of sitting down in Orgrimmar.
    No it just means people will feel forced to log out when they go afk to avoid inactivity debuffs.

Getting people out and about in the world is a nice idea, but you should design a carrot, not a stick, to make it happen, or else people will just get pissed off.

I like some of your thoughts but most of those already existed prior to WoW in an MMO called EverQuest. They were removed because they were considered, at least by Blizzard, too inconvenient for the player. While I have far more fond memories of EverQuest, I'm not sure if I would want those pain in the ass things back in WoW - like always having food to eat in your bags.

Is it true WoW swung the pendulum from one end of the spectrum to too far in the other where it's all about convenience? I think that would be a fair argument.

There are some things in your post though where I agree philosophically, it's really the details and specifics of how those ideas are implemented where we find out if they are good gameplay or not. For example "Combat less about stats and more about strategy." I agree, I don't think math games are fun. But what does strategy in the context of the game mean specifically?

10+ Year Old Account
    I stoped reading at the stat squish part. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    They do sometime gives explanation but some players do accept. To them, "it is easy". Take the backpack. Many people wants a bigger backpack. Blizzard has said they looked into it and decides it was too difficulty and too risky. For some players, they cannot understand what is so hard just tweek a number from 16 to 20 or higher.

If it was easy, why had they not done it?

Oh yeah... When you think of it it they can't change the backpack, who knows what other limitations the game would have. I am willing to accept though that it's possible these ideas may not all fit perfectly with WoW due to limitations but, I still feel theres fun and good playability to it as an MMO.

Maybe I'll think of other reward systems to add in addition to the current one. Didn't a WoW dev tell though that having like a raid only 2% of the player base access makes the game game feel bigger?

I think I'll just add some holy grail weapons/artifacts/treasure only a few people or a super rare artifact that entire factions can benefit from that each faction can try to steal from each others storage.

I think people misunderstand reward though. For me adventure feels more like reward, and items just helps players have adventure. Constantly having to change items doesn't necessarily helps that, for me I want to focus on the adventure of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    No it just means people will feel forced to log out when they go afk to avoid inactivity debuffs.

Getting people out and about in the world is a nice idea, but you should design a carrot, not a stick, to make it happen, or else people will just get pissed off.
    That is a good point. I think I will stick with someones suggestion earlier to instead of making it a 80% to 110% range I can just turn it into a 100% to 115% range. So it doesn't feel like punishment but more reward.

I think maybe the 80% to 110% range is still valuable, if I can think of a design that have players constantly wanting to stay online, maybe for social reasons or maybe more spontaneousness in the world.. If that makes any sense. Honestly when I first started playing this game I didn't want to be afk unless I have to eat, so unless there's nothing to do theres no reason to be afk... I seriously want to move back to the design of dungeons and raids being this special challenge instead of the things you do in between afk periods. Constantly having only do dungeons and raid takes away their specialty and doing the same one over and over again just kinds of burns out them out for me.

To me I want to remove LFR, Keep LFG, and remove the ability to just teleport to a dungeon instantly. To me it feels like one of those cheap tricks that takes away content from the game. For me adventure is content, so the travelling and the preparation should be made fun for me. Honestly back in Vanilla/BC it was one of simple things I really enjoyed. Snipping it out and having nothing in return felt awkward for me.

In this idea of an MMO it is also my wish to remove the Concept of Herioc/Mythic difficulties. To me they scream out burn out when people do the same raids over and over again.

Raids have hard bosses and less hard bosses and way harder bosses, and then raids with harder bosses that other raids, etc. To me I just don't get raids are designed so people burn through them as fast as possible, raids are raids, let people beat them when they do.

So there will be raids spread through out difficulties some the beginning of an expansion and more will be added. But there will be one final raid with the hardest bosses in the expansion near the end or even earlier.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-01-25 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    That wouldn't work in WoW. Maybe as a concept for WoW 2 or a completely new setting, but not based on the current community and engine.
    I love alot of the ideas. Leveling should be way longer that you proposed tho. Maybe if a quest would take maybe a full evening worth of story, a whole level would be reasonable. And because enemies are harder, gear will become stronger and more important in the leveling process, which means: leveling shouldn't be all of the low level experience, getting better gear or some of your relaxing activities are still helpful while leveling. A good concept to keep the different feeling between leveling and endgame small. Maybe even low level raids could be a good idea, if done right.

I like the concept, but I'm not sure if it would work as an actual game.

Writes long post saying no titles or political BS - proceeds to write section on earning titles and prestige.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Stopped reading at 1% power increase per level. Lol no.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I've skimmed over it and well...you COULD just go get a job? Alternatively?

Deleted
    Take your idea to Kickstarter, so that idubbbz can make another episode of "kickstarter crap" out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Instead of removing it, I would love a solo/duo mode option. Obviously the mechanics would be balanced around a single person or two people.

And like proving grounds you'd have a bunch of team mates and you can go any role you want.
    This would solve pretty little. Antisocial to say the least, and unless this comes with a steep difficulty curve it still brings any player to the fact that they defeated and saw every scrap of content of an mmorpg without much effort and thus can unsub and complain about "no content".

I had to skim certain areas, but here goes:

What's the incentive for f2p users? To get rolled on? I can't imagine a wide audience of players who want to sit there and be peasants.

Wellness
    IMO, a poor QoL experience. Today's players want to pick up and get going. Your ideas suggest players log in and "warm up," otherwise they'd hold up the rest of their team because they're not at optimal condition.

Transportation
    I am very "anti-hover." These ideas are for a new game though. A game that's over 11 years old can't hope to have basic stuff like mounts be something to "aspire for" any longer.

Raids and dungeons
    You sure you want to remove options for players? Call me an LFR scrub, but I consider myself pro-choice. Players should enjoy whatever game modes are available to them and not feel put down by others, just because those others have the opportunity to participate in traditional raiding.
    Otherwise your raid ideas are BC-esque. Try as you might, this was a very anti-casual structure that left a lot of players alienated, and too few elite players happy.

Items
    It's a color. Deal with them.
    The repair cost ideas will have no effect on the global wow economy, unless this was a new game.
    The design is flawed. If you don't want player power to be grounded to items, don't have stats. Instead rely on stats against base level while gear enhances skills. That however, would make this not a WoW game at all.

Mobs and stuff
    The more abilities and "AI," the simpler world design has to be to suit these abilities. Look at WoW and other mmo enemy NPCs that are complex. They don't exactly stalk players.

OOC Activities
    -That's a pretty worthless sprint.
    -The internet makes quizzes ineffective.
    -User generated content like paintings would require pretty much a separate customer service dept to handle reports. There will be reports.

Role Playing
    This implementation is a bit too simple. I could just tie this into a progressive achievement in WoW (kill 100 wolves, then 50 tougher wolves, then the boss wolf).

...continued
    Isn't this rep?

Politics
    In a single player, this doesn't sound too bad. In an MMO, the player would get wasted before they got to the gate.

Quest
    Less quests? So grind more? Yikes.

Leaderboards
    This has nothing to do with leaderboards =D
    This'd be fun for the grand marshal/high warlord level of player, and only them. What makes a player the top player? Raid kills? Killing blows? Honor kills?
    This idea goes places but doesn't lead to anything substantial. What's the world building for? Why are we defending? Is there an incentive for defending? Attacking?

Storehouses
    Again, is this a plausible incentive? If anything, the best way to protect your city from attack is to ignore doing anything for the city.

Leveling
    The average player already does reach "max level" in a week or less.

TL;DR
    This may have been a neat implementation of WoW, but most of these would have been "casualized" by now if the game survived till today.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I've skimmed over it and well...you COULD just go get a job? Alternatively?
    I could, but I just had this idea and decided to give it a shot. Who knows might help in the MMO genre discussion. I really don't mind trying to talk about an approach like this. What I want is the best for the genre so I can play some fun games.. If your talking about job in the game industry well, I'm currently majoring at a different course so I can't really pursue that. So if anyone out there can see some good in this idea, please go ahead and take it... Make good use of it. That's the main point of the thread. WoW's just a game I could care less.

So it's not like my job to do this. I'm happy to be able to take an idea like this far. And maybe even far enough that people can criticize it to a point that they would to actual game developers. That helps me improve my idea making process. So for that thanks.

Even if it's not for WoW, the discussion could help a future great game... Or maybe my own game if I take it far enough and sharpen it far enough. I really don't take it too personal, it's just knowledge, and I try not to get knowledge mix with ego.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-01-26 at 10:42 PM.

The biggest problem with wow is that it is antisocial. in fact, that might be problems 1 thru 10. You didn't address that issue at all. So I don't see how these changes will do anything to help the game.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The biggest problem with wow is that it is antisocial. in fact, that might be problems 1 thru 10. You didn't address that issue at all. So I don't see how these changes will do anything to help the game.
    That's easy. I will put emoji's in the game :P.

I will put systems that reminds people to greet others, or wish them well like buying and sending post cards through the mail box. This will give their friend a buff, sending back a thank you could also give a buff to their friend.

I will also try to build more things for the community to get around such as leaderboards or trophy halls in capital cities or maybe a guild house in the middle of cities where the top guild lives.

I can also create a system for synergy. Where the more actives you do with other people, you will gain xp faster when together. They could also have a buff when out of combat of when you are with your friend your health regen is higher.

Emotes could also have a greater effect especially when with a close friend. A /cheer from a friend could buff you. Dancing together with a close friend could create a buff.

On the Horde vs Alliance front, or faction vs faction front for another mmo, there could be a bounty system posted in boards in cities listing players who has ganked members of your faction and how often, or how effective they are at world objectives, giving them a gold reward collectable by looting an item from wanted person and handing it in to the government.

On a different note on social interaction, this forum really needs a personal notification system. It's hard tracking conversations especially 40 pages in.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-03-04 at 03:43 AM.