Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    ...so according to you a couple of centuries of repression and genocide are all erased by 2 or 3 decades of "welfare". Interesting.
    You know that they didn't experience the couple of centuries themself.

And no you can't undo history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Jump through the flaming hoop?

I didn't realise acting like a decent normal law-abiding citizen who can actually manage to survive without Welfare payments was a circus trick.

They don't get treated anywhere near as badly as they treat the rest of the nations people.

- - - Updated - - -

they do, at last budget they accounted for 27% of Welfare and financial handouts whilst accounting for 3-4% of the population.
    Well why aren't they acting like decent normal law abiding citizens, or is the contention that that simply is who they are the answer?

Because if it is, then it is the same equation for why Jews in Germany were rounded up and treated the way they were, and subjected to all kinds of new laws. Or how Black people in America or any other minorities Latin, or even back when America was formed and people came here from Italy, and Ireland, etc, Wonder what their crimes where and what kept them from acting like civilized human beings.

Couldn't have had ANYTHING to do with how they were treated or their environment or that for some to make it through they literally had to organized commit crimes and force their way through to the dream being held away from them from others who felt they had the right to, right?

Yeah the speech was good sounds like the guy spoke from the heart and while I probably wouldn't say it is all of one thing causing it, I do think it is more than just what you are saying about them simply needing to be law abiding citizens not on welfare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    oh no their ancestors were oppressed

now the descendants who've never known any kind of racism or oppression expect the ones in their head to justify their criminality and laziness need handouts!

and they get them..

but it's just not enough!! aarghh
    Yeah right, and those who were never the oppressors, didn't have the entire system around them build and benefited from what happen, however insignificant you feel that is.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Because if it is, then it is the same equation for why Jews in Germany were rounded up and treated the way they were, and subjected to all kinds of new laws.
    You want to compare jews in modern day germany vs aboriginies in australia?

That would not really support your argument.
    And if 50% of people go to prison they did commit crimes and hurt other people...
    to frame that as being victim is a tought one.

Not to hnadwave the problems but clearly they really need
    to get them into education more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    You know that they didn't experience the couple of centuries themself.

And no you can't undo history.
    And you know the people doing well didn't build the wealth and civilization themselves, much of that was handed down to those that benefited from those centuries.

Deleted
    And you know the people doing well didn't build the wealth and civilization themselves, much of that was handed down to those that benefited from those centuries.
    Not really look at stats most fortunes don't even make it two generations.

They can't claim a seperate pre industrial cultural identity and expect that to work out in a society.

now the descendants who've never known any kind of racism or oppression expect the ones in their head to justify their criminality and laziness need handouts!

and they get them..

Ancestors?

Okay. Two things worth mentioning here.

1, Land confiscations. This knows no generations. Once it's taken from you...it's taken forever. Hard to bounce back from destitution.
    2, Australia was effectively segregated into the 1970's. Be generous and assume that Australia progressed from segregation to #noracism in 10 years. So 1980's. That means that AT BEST, they aborigines had 2 generations to bounce back. That's hardly enough to erase 150 years of fuckery.

Deleted
    Well why aren't they acting like decent normal law abiding citizens, or is the contention that that simply is who they are the answer?

Because if it is, then it is the same equation for why Jews in Germany were rounded up and treated the way they were, and subjected to all kinds of new laws. Or how Black people in America or any other minorities Latin, or even back when America was formed and people came here from Italy, and Ireland, etc, Wonder what their crimes where and what kept them from acting like civilized human beings.

Couldn't have had ANYTHING to do with how they were treated or their environment or that for some to make it through they literally had to organized commit crimes and force their way through to the dream being held away from them from others who felt they had the right to, right?

Yeah the speech was good sounds like the guy spoke from the heart and while I probably wouldn't say it is all of one thing causing it, I do think it is more than just what you are saying about them simply needing to be law abiding citizens not on welfare.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah right, and those who were never the oppressors, didn't have the entire system around them build and benefited from what happen, however insignificant you feel that is.
    care to mention some of the system's biases in favor of white people?

they already give them more money than they deserve

Deleted
    Yeah that would be nice.

There has to be like a law or something.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    ...so according to you a couple of centuries of repression and genocide are all erased by 2 or 3 decades of "welfare". Interesting.
    Yes. Because the newer generations of the last 40-50 years have had none of that happen to them and expect handouts on the pretense that they "deserve" it even when they are not affected by it and the people that they trash and demand it off are not responsible for any of the past occurrences.

Being a piece of shit Human because people 70 years ago had bad stuff happen to them is a sorry fucking excuse to live. Holding on to grudges that aren't your own against people who never slighted you makes you a piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to compare jews in modern day germany vs aboriginies in australia?

That would not really support your argument.
    And if 50% of people go to prison they did commit crimes and hurt other people...
    to frame that as being victim is a tought one.
    Yes why not, one group of people hated for who they were, rounded up for as criminals or traitors to Germany and forced to live in slums.
    As for people going to Prison, yeah, I am aware of what they might be in prison for,but I am also aware there is more to it than that, accountability and responsibility is an issue no denying that, but lack of access and hording of wealth has a hell of a lot to do with it also.

It's also not about being a victim it is about explaining what the problem is and how to solve it, if that is the aim, maybe some of the solutions are unreasonable, maybe some aren't, but I don't think it should be just chalked up to as their problem and an issue of culture and hand waved.

Deleted
    Yes why not, one group of people hated for who they were, rounded up for as criminals or traitors to Germany and forced to live in slums.
    Are you sure you want to see how well jewish people do in modern day germany?

Hint no 50% of them are not criminals bad choice of comparsion.
    You know you have the choice to not victimize others.

10+ Year Old Account
    they already give them more money than they deserve
    Sure inheritance, and I don't mean simply what is on paper either, I am talking about attitudes, and systemic society and enviornment, as someone has already stated hundreds of years of oppression isn't going to over come over night, and not without cost, which can be entire generations after the fact being literally fucking lost.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah the speech was good sounds like the guy spoke from the heart and while I probably wouldn't say it is all of one thing causing it, I do think it is more than just what you are saying about them simply needing to be law abiding citizens not on welfare..
    Giving a free pass for new generations to be pieces of shit because of some bad stuff that happen decades before they were born is exactly why they keep doing it, because they know morons will just turn the other cheek because "MUH RACISMS"

Deleted
    Sure inheritance, and I don't mean simply what is on paper either, I am talking about attitudes, and systemic society and enviornment, as someone has already stated hundreds of years of oppression isn't going to over come over night, and not without cost, which can be entire generations after the fact being literally fucking lost.
    so they're just bad people then who don't deserve any handouts and pity?

agreed

as for inheritance, nothing stops these people from attending schools and getting a proper education to then become successful members of society

it's just they don't because their culture, their mindset is a backwards and inferior one

and they get them..

We (us horrible white people working 40-60 hr weeks at blue collar jobs) deal with this from multiple groups in the US. Aparantly we are "the man" keeping them down.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    We (us horrible white people working 40-60 hr weeks at blue collar jobs) deal with this from multiple groups in the US. Aparantly we are "the man" keeping them down.
    oh I know that

10+ Year Old Account
    I have friends whose parents came to this country after horrible oppression in their home countries who are amazing Human beings. Oppression doesn't leak into Children that are raised by people who don't imprint their own bias/prejudice and grudges onto them as children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you want to see how well jewish people do in modern day germany?

Hint no 50% of them are not criminals bad choice of comparsion.
    You know you have the choice to not victimize others.
    Not talking about modern day Germany and how well you think they are doing at least economically. There still that little issue of antisemitism that has not seemed to dry up very much. Or we going to try to hand wave that off because of I.Q, Genetics or economics?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So sad and so true. It was really disturbing to think about the things that have happened to indigenous people there.
    People shouldn't react to what happened but what will happen.

The fact that they are "natives" doesn't really give them the castle to the kingdom and where would they be now without all the people migrating? Probably still making fires by knocking stones together and eating mud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I have friends whose parents came to this country after horrible oppression in their home countries who are amazing Human beings. Oppression doesn't leak into Children that are raised by people who don't imprint their own bias/prejudice and grudges onto them as children.
    I have nothing really to respond to this with, because I will not pretend I know, but I do find what you said interesting information. But that still doesn't mean that is all there is to the situation, or that the speech from someone else who has lived their and has a different perspective.