Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Human greed is the problem. The invention of corporations just helps take human greed further. Before corporations there was still medieval despots, slave dealers, gladiator managers etc. So the things you mention happened before too. Corporations just made some easier, but human greed is the defining factor.

Plus, some corporations are good.

What's funny is the same people who bitch about corporations are the ones with iphones or samsungs.

The very oversized corporations they support unconditionally which are the problem in the first place. They have so much money from other lines of business they can just go in and bully everyone else out and then use slave labor to make their stuff the sheep eat up.

Im classified as a S-Corp do you hate me?

So did the baby-boomer generation. Then they became CEO's of their own corporations.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're okay with Sole Proprietorships? How about LLCs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is worse, the corporations or the stock holders that control them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Which is worse, the corporations or the stock holders that control them?
    I choose not to pick the lesser of two evils. They both need to be dealt with.

Posts hate for corporations on a forum site run by a corporation. Yeah can see you really hate corporations there OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I choose not to pick the lesser of two evils. They both need to be dealt with.
    The corporation just does the stockholders bidding.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The corporation just does the stockholders bidding.
    Just like an assassin does the bidding of his contractor. Both are still pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like an assassin does the bidding of his contractor. Both are still pretty bad.
    The stockholders are the true evil especially mutual funds.

The thing is that they work on cold efficiency, using humans as cogs in a giant machine.

Giant machines that are running quite a lot of the world. You couldn't just wave a magic wand and make them disappear tomorrow with no consequences. That'd be like saying "I hate government, it's so corrupt, we should just have no governments at all!"

Heh, I don't feel qualified to talk on this. It's not like I have any ideas for how to fix the situation. It's a very complicated and globe-spanning issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

You act as if it is still possibly to just walk away from society and be a hunter gatherer or a farmer.
    It is if you want it badly enough. Buy land in the US, plant crops, become a farmer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Corporations develop and make the medicines that many people require.
    Actually, that's mostly in public institutions paid for by tax dollars. A cursory analysis of pharmaceutical company finances shows they typically spend more on their marketing budgets than they do on R&D.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    It is if you want it badly enough. Buy land in the US, plant crops, become a farmer.
    You actually can't. Agriculture is highly regulated.

Deleted
    Child labour is something I am a 100% against, but at the same time I am not a naive person with unrealistic views.

You can't simply abolish it and think it's going to solve any problems. In many cases, if the children that work lose their employment, they and their family are losing income and people are going to starve.

Boycotting certain companies or products might help you on a personal level to deal with your emotions, but it changes nothing really.
    There simply is no simple solution.

You act as if it is still possibly to just walk away from society and be a hunter gatherer or a farmer. It is simply impossibly to do those things anymore because most the land is either owned, protected or barren. Like it or not humans today must depend on corporations today for their survival. Which is even more of a reason why they should be regulated and policed properly.
    That is so false it hurts.

1) There are quite a few people in most countries (yours too I would assume) that live off the grid as homesteaders or the like. Heck in the US you can go live in a commune or as part of a permaculture project (such as those at Wheaton labs) and have zero responsibility to pay taxes and the like and be able experience the joy and pride that go with growing your own food. Or if either of those are too extreme (which I would consider them to be) and you are young or have no responsibilities, you can do a tour as a WWOOFer. Some farms will even pay for your travel expenses to get you there so it would cost you nothing and you would have everything provided for you.

2) The amount of land for sale (in the US at least) is ridiculous. The prices for it are pretty affordable too. Houses are expensive (because building codes require McMansions nowadays) but if you are willing to commute thirty minutes to an hour to a major city you can get land for incredibly affordable. Like under 5k in most (if not all) states. Decent land too in a lot of cases for states with a lower cost of living.

3) Even barren land can become farm land in about a decade. Check out what Never Ending Food did here in Malawi. Big ag wants you to think that food can only be grown their way - with heavy machinery and thousands of acres. Their way is simply the most efficient way to grow food on thousands of acres - not necessarily the best way to produce food.

tl;dr - Hate corporations if you feel like it (I wouldn't bother), but don't blame them for your dependence. You are dependent because you either believe you have to be or you just want to be.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb