Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

my router is hacked help pls lol

so antivirus says im hacked and i get ads on every page about bible books i go same ads i never get ads i have add blocker
    i can t login to http://www.routerlogin.net its blank

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried a factory reset?

Deleted
    Only God can help you. Click those links.

Deleted
    burn down your house (and router!) before it can spread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Only God can help you. Click those links.
    what's the worst that could happen? getting viruses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your router is hacked? Are you sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarin View Post
    Have you tried a factory reset?
    you mean boton in router yea i idd it 2 times
    he can see my interneet what im doing and he can redirect me to hes pc insted of interenet

10+ Year Old Account
    Call your provider and tell them to change your network I.D or you could start praying, which is what I might do because this could be a sign.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Or just install kaspersky internet security or other paid anti-virus programs

10+ Year Old Account
    Your anti-virus says you are hacked? Well considering anti-virus doesn't do that, I wonder what the hell you're running for anti-virus. Secondly: toss your router and get a new one, they're cheap, problem solved. "Hacking" a router is possible, but requires modifying the firmware to have any real effect, otherwise all their "hacking" goes to waste when you use the reset function.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

This probably isn't your router.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spybot - Search and Destroy to clean out, then find out what sites you shouldn't have visited in the first place, as well, clean out your history and cookies. And even at that, maybe not go to some dodgy sites or mails. And further more, it ain't your router.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

unplug it?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Craftsome protective headgear from some sort of metallic sheet to prevent them from hacking you through the wireless radio waves.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Secondly: toss your router and get a new one,.
    Worst advice ever.

Sounds like a browser hijack. Those are usually pretty painful to remove.

Deleted
    I highly doubt you router is hacked.

However. open up your browser and enter your routers IP Address. (example : 192.168.0.1 ) If you do not know your IP. Open Command Prompt and type Ipconfig. The Adress is next to Default Gateway.
    A menu should pop up asking for Login details enter them.
    Look for the factory reset button.

More then likely you got Spyware, a Trojan or Virus.

1. Install Spybot Search and Destroy, update it.
    2. Start computer in Safe Mode by restarting and pressing F8 while the bios is still starting (Before thw windows splash screen) A menu shows up. Select Safe Mode without Netwroking (Safe Mode)
    3. Run Spybot, then your anti virus tool. delete Temp Files.
    4. After after that restart the Computer again and see if it gone.
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2016-01-24 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I´ve had coffee and re-read your post..did you by chance click on a "Zomg, yer putah is haevin 994 issues, plaes duwnloed tu kliin!" ads?

Put a condom on your network cable before putting it in.

If that fails, reset your router to factory settings - usually a button of sorts on your physical router if you can't access it via your network connection. But it sounds a lot like those viruses that just change local settings on your PC, in which case you should try this.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

dont worry about your router...

the vast majority of home routers are so out of date, that in the internet, they are the 2nd most infected device right after those that click them banners for free ram.

another option is to give in to jebus and click those banners.... that god apparently needs money.. be a little supportive

15+ Year Old Account
    You are not hacked. It sounds more like your router is haunted by the devil. It has happened to 3 of my old routers. What you need to do is get it to a catholic exorcism priest that may perform the ritual for you. Don't bother with any unauthorized fakes since it has to be performed by priest authorized by the bishop’s power.