Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If there is no target limit or reduced healing after a certain number, another (expected) nerf will probably happen either in terms of how far it stretches or how wide the cone is (if not the spellpower).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chandy View Post
    Can we wait before we call for nerfs please?
    So no target cap, no reduction for 6+ targets and heals for as much as first chain heal tick on a 20s CD. If that's not OP what is?^^
    But then again ofc they just forgot a cap of 5-6. Will get fixed soon.

Yeah the no target cap (or alternatively, no reduction) is ridiculous. Given how hard they nerfed raid cooldowns in the last patch (HTT/tranq/revival), this spell will also get hit pretty hard. Revival is what a 3 minute CD 450% heal now? Wellspring in its current incarnation is a 20 second CD 400% heal.

I'd prefer they lower the healing of Wellspring and somehow tied it into our gameplay. It feels disconnected from our other spells/traits. Maybe make it give a similar buff to Tidal Waves, buffing the next chain heals # of targets, crit, or cast time. Or even better, make it give a short 5 second buff on targets it heals improving healing from chain heal.
    Last edited by Sir Zagd; 2016-01-28 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    So no target cap, no reduction for 6+ targets and heals for as much as first chain heal tick on a 20s CD. If that's not OP what is?^^
    But then again ofc they just forgot a cap of 5-6. Will get fixed soon.
    Well they DID say they wanted to move us away from chain heal spam in the class preview. How better than to give us an OP ability on a short cooldown lol

I would love to see some harmony with Tidal Waves. Maybe each stack of Tidal Waves adds +1 target to Wellspring or something like that.

It's a 400% massive "cone" heal with a 20sec CD - it won't stay as it is now. They nerfed the raid CDs so hard that they are nearly equal to Wellspring in output but have like five times its CD.

Since when has it ever been reasonable to compare one spell from one class to another in another class in a vacuum? Are people seriously going overpowered before Restore is even tested in raids?

Wellspring has zero synergy with other talents or artifact traits and as of now doesn't proc resurgence. It needs to be strong to even stand a chance against hightide or ascendance. With the recent nerfs to raid cooldowns things like ancestral guidance and ascendance are looking more and more enticing. Can we wait before we call for nerfs please?
    If you look at level 100 talents they all seem to be rediculous performance enhancers. Paladins for example can get a second beacon for just under a 30% overall healing buff. I think where it is after the recent nerf is fine. Any less and the mana cost makes it pointless over chain heal. If it is changed to 5-6 targets then the mana cost needs to be reduced to 5% base mana to be in line with the holy priest circle of healing which has virtually no targeting limitations. Otherwise I would bash the developers face in immediately for it as that would be clear class favoritism.

Forget wellspring and check out healing stream totem instead and all the disgustingly good artifact traits that come with it. I only got up to wavecrash with rushing streams and echo of the elements and this is the result:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ss=-3&source=1

My healing stream totem ticks every 0.99 sec with just 10% haste.
    Last edited by Isheria; 2016-01-28 at 06:15 PM.

Seems like a very passive play style if HST remains a large part of our healing. I do like the HoT effect trait though.

Deleted
    Since when has it ever been reasonable to compare one spell from one class to another in another class in a vacuum? Are people seriously going overpowered before Restore is even tested in raids?

Wellspring has zero synergy with other talents or artifact traits and as of now doesn't proc resurgence. It needs to be strong to even stand a chance against hightide or ascendance. With the recent nerfs to raid cooldowns things like ancestral guidance and ascendance are looking more and more enticing. Can we wait before we call for nerfs please?
    It's not in a vacuum. I took Shaman's mastery into account. Revival with 20s cd.

Feel free to ask around after people test it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    If you look at level 100 talents they all seem to be rediculous performance enhancers. Paladins for example can get a second beacon for just under a 30% overall healing buff. I think where it is after the recent nerf is fine. Any less and the mana cost makes it pointless over chain heal. If it is changed to 5-6 targets then the mana cost needs to be reduced to 5% base mana to be in line with the holy priest circle of healing which has virtually no targeting limitations. Otherwise I would bash the developers face in immediately for it as that would be clear class favoritism.
    5-6 targets would be a bit weird and you'd have no reason to pick it over High Tide, I agree. But it can't be a 20s cd Revival. Perhaps like 200-250% healing would be fine. That way you'd pick that in fights where people are stacked most of the time and High Tide for spread healing.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-01-28 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    It's not in a vacuum. I took Shaman's mastery into account. Revival with 20s cd.

Feel free to ask around after people test it, though.

5-6 targets would be a bit weird and you'd have no reason to pick it over High Tide, I agree. But it can't be a 20s cd Revival. Perhaps like 200-250% healing would be fine. That way you'd pick that in fights where people are stacked most of the time and High Tide for spread healing.
    I'd rather it not be limited to a number of targets, it'd be awkward to have it heal who you want unless you move behind them. I'd rather have the healing reduced.

Dunno if it is intended, but you can run around while casting Wellspring (you can even cast it in ghostwolf).

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatic View Post
    Dunno if it is intended, but you can run around while casting Wellspring (you can even cast it in ghostwolf).
    Pretty sure that's not intended lol

While the current wellspring is overtuned, it has nothing to do with how it is compared to revival. For one thing revival is instant, does 30% more healing with artifact, can cleanse and is designed to compliment the mistweaver toolkit. Calling wellspring a 20sec revival is just ridiculous. This is like calling holy word: serenity a much better lay on hands. My point is that, you can't take a spell and the class mastery and compare it to just one spell (healing cooldown or not) of another class with an entirely different toolkit and say the spell it overtuned.

The spell is weird since it has to have both burst and sustain or else the other 2 will serve either role better. I am curious to see what they do. What I don't want to see is everyone picking deluge and hightide for another expansion.

By the way do people have pictures of it and gift of the queen and azshara's boon?

One thing that I find frustrating is that we have 3 artifact traits that are dedicated to survivability. Is that really necessary?

Azshara's Boon has been renamed into Power of The Waves and gift of the queen currently has almost no animation.

Screenshot time in order of appearance:

1st Power of the Waves (It's the bubble travelling towards your current target) formerly known as azshara's boon
    2nd Wellspring (Very faint light blue effect which you can see creating a big arc although it's almost barely visible)
    3rd Gift of the Queen (There's no animation currently you just raise your weapon in the air during the cast then healing rain goes away)

http://imgur.com/a/ikK63

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Azshara's Boon has been renamed into Power of The Waves and gift of the queen currently has almost no animation.

Screenshot time in order of appearance:

1st Power of the Waves (It's the bubble travelling towards your current target) formerly known as azshara's boon
    2nd Wellspring (Very faint light blue effect which you can see creating a big arc although it's almost barely visible)
    3rd Gift of the Queen (There's no animation currently you just raise your weapon in the air during the cast then healing rain goes away)

http://imgur.com/a/ikK63
    I hope gift of the queen is placeholder. Honestly this might sound selfish but wellspring could stand to be a little more in your face...ish.

Deleted
    For anyone who wants to see Resto Shaman gameplay on alpha atm

Thank you. That Healing Surge spamming looks like fun.

Thanks for the video. That actually looks pretty fun. There is a lot of healing surge, but also some healing rain, totems, chain heal, etc. I think everyone is going to have quite a bit of spamming their main heal. I'm curious as to why healing wave is almost unused in favor of healing surge though.
    Last edited by Sir Zagd; 2016-01-29 at 07:46 PM.