ShadowCraft for Legion

For the past couple expansions getting ShadowCraft updated has been a bit of mad dash toward the end of beta to get everything debugged and in place. This has lead to more and more hacks and kludges on both the UI and engine side to keep things up to date. For Legion we're starting early.

Our goal is to have a beta version of ShadowCraft for Legion running throughout beta so we can debug, verify models and generally have information available to everyone well before the expansion launches. Today we are officially launching the ShadowCraft Alpha/Beta for Legion.

http://beta.shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/

This is alpha, and very little is currently implemented. You can find a changelog and known issues in the new Documentation tab at the top of the page.

This first iteration is mostly here to test the artifact UI. There is no 7.0 engine at the moment (I'm working on it) but Tamen has finished up an outlaw artifact UI and we'd like people to poke at it and see how it breaks. Please check the known issues list in the documentation tab before reporting issues.

Whats Next
    Since we're getting an early start on things (and since it looks like we're going to get another year long tier) there are a couple new things coming in Legion ShadowCraft. First we're making some major changes to the UI that should make the entire system more maintainable going forward. You may not see anything change as a user but this will hopefully mean getting the latest batch of bonusIDs in will be a little less of pain.

The other new feature we're working on is stack groups. Stack groups are intended to solve the long standing issues with cooldown stacking in ShC and allowing the user to configure how cooldowns are stacked. This builds on the phase computations Pathal designed for combat energy capping and will allow user defined stacking of cooldowns and on-use trickets as well as delaying cooldowns to stack with procs. This system is still under development and I'll make sure to post when it goes in because I suspect there will be a lot of iteration and debugging required.

Getting Involved
    ShC is entirely maintained by Tamen and me. There is a limit to how much two people can actually do, keeping ShC up to date and adding features. If you are interested in getting involved both of us can be found in the #ravenholdt IRC channel on quakenet, or via Twitter at @Fierydemise and @tamenctr and we are happy to answer questions and help you get started.

All the UI code for this build is available in the 7.0 branch on GitHub: https://github.com/cheald/shadowcraft-ui
    Engine code will be available soon on Github: https://github.com/Fierydemise/ShadowCraft-Engine
    Last edited by fierydemise; 2016-01-25 at 04:37 PM.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

I'm sure I speak for many when I say thank you for all your continued hard work and enthusiasm on this project. Shadowcraft is an indispensable tool, especially for some like myself who is a bit of a Luddite when it comes to these things.

Good work #teamshadowcraft on the efforts so far and those to come!

Thanks!

It looks good to me.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for your work man, I have been using your tools ... forever. I unfortunately have no idea how to code however if you accept donations, I would love to contribute.

Deleted
    You guys do an unbelievable job. Coming from several other class-communities, I can safely say that the rogue-community is vastly superior to the ones I've been involved in - primarily because of its leading figures like you, Tamen, Rfeann, and so on. For any rogue, this tool is a must-have. Joining #Ravenholdt on QuakeNet is also a must if you want to improve. Looking at the wisest, smartest and best rogues theorize with eachother can severely help.

Respect.

Okey so my biggest question is: People still use IRC and quakenet? My whole life is a lie.
    However much I'd like to help, I am not with that much time in my hands currently.
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

Deleted
    edit - ten chars
    Last edited by mmoc89222f4376; 2016-07-05 at 10:53 AM.