Deleted

ww stat question

as a WW is it worth to trade:

+34 agi
    +21 haste
    +187 crit

with

+169 versa

lately these question popped up a lot and it would be interesting to know just how much better agility really is compared to versatility!

cheers
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2016-01-25 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    without a doubt more agility / the first choice is better. The stat values are rather close to eachother as long as it's not mastery.

Below is for PvE didn't realize from your post you were asking for PvP (doesn't mention either) as Hina points out below.

If you go to Askmrrobot you can view up to date stats and see gear ranked based on those stats.

For example, if you are a 2H WW with T18 4 Piece then for ST you have:

agi = 1
    vers = 0.48
    crit = 0.46
    haste = 0.38

34*1+21*0.38+187*0.46 = 128
    169*0.48 = 81.12

Therefore, for ST the AGI, Haste, Crit gear is better than your vers gear.

You can repeat using the stat weights for 2H AoE, 1H AoE, and 1H ST if you want to see if it's better for those situations. They also have a gear ranking list that uses the fight type you choose which makes it even easier as you don't have to do the math yourself.
    Last edited by dhays; 2016-01-25 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dhays View Post
    If you go to Askmrrobot you can view up to date stats and see gear ranked based on those stats.

For example, if you are a 2H WW with T18 4 Piece then for ST you have:

agi = 1
    vers = 0.48
    crit = 0.46
    haste = 0.38

34*1+21*0.38+187*0.46 = 128
    169*0.48 = 81.12

Therefore, for ST the AGI, Haste, Crit gear is better than your vers gear.

You can repeat using the stat weights for 2H AoE, 1H AoE, and 1H ST if you want to see if it's better for those situations. They also have a gear ranking list that uses the fight type you choose which makes it even easier as you don't have to do the math yourself.
    Nope, AMR uses a set statweight, if you realy want up to date stats you have to sim your character

Quote Originally Posted by Minazusama View Post
    Nope, AMR uses a set statweight, if you realy want up to date stats you have to sim your character
    Yes if you want the most dead on character specific statweights then simming your own character for thousands and thousands of iterations for each type of fight and item set-up available, then that would be the way to go.

However more likely than not the stat weights will fall very close to those on AMR. IMO unless you are in a highly competitive guild or find that enjoyable then there isn't a reason to do it if the "set statweight" is available and up to date with the current patch as it will be right more often then not. And that is what I meant by up to date.
    Last edited by dhays; 2016-01-25 at 09:49 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minazusama View Post
    The stat weights are as good as you're going to get without simming you're own character. They were set by Hinalover months ago so they're as accurate as you're going to find.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to point out....the OP requested PvP stat weights, which AMR does not account for as far as I am aware of. However given that most PvP players go with Chi Explosion, I would guess (and don't quote me on this since I don't PvP much) is to go with a Haste build. Versatility is good in PvE for Haste build (about even with crit). Probably a better place for PvP questions would be Arena Junkies.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/forum/123-monk/

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Just to point out....the OP requested PvP stat weights, which AMR does not account for as far as I am aware of. However given that most PvP players go with Chi Explosion, I would guess (and don't quote me on this since I don't PvP much) is to go with a Haste build. Versatility is good in PvE for Haste build (about even with crit). Probably a better place for PvP questions would be Arena Junkies.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/forum/123-monk/

I had no idea he was asking for pvp which would be slightly different. How did you know? He doesn't specify which and usually people want to know for PvE on this sub, at least for the couple months I've been on it. Unless it was in there before his edit which I didn't see the post before that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhays View Post
    I had no idea he was asking for pvp which would be slightly different. How did you know? He doesn't specify which and usually people want to know for PvE on this sub, at least for the couple months I've been on it. Unless it was in there before his edit which I didn't see the post before that.
    It was before he edited his post. But I had other things going on that I couldn't reply back just yet.

If its for PvP you should just be trying to get versatility and haste on as many pieces as possible. Just copy what high rated WWs are using.

Versatility and Haste is the stats to go to in PvP, both Crit and Multistrike have their effectivness reduced by 50%