Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Don't forget the homosexual steamroller.
    The mental image of 2 literal anthropomorphized steamrollers looking at each other with weird looks and thought bubbles, "How does this work?" was great, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Planned Parenthood were caught. Red handed. This was an attempted to punish those who exposed them in an effort to send a message to other organizations that this sort of exposure will have repercussions. It's intimidation pure and simple.
    The video was made up, it didn't actually expose anything. This is far closer to what happened with ACORN, where people like you bought the lie and then were too invested to give a shit about the truth.

Instead of pretending this has anything to do with reality. Just be honest and admit that you disagree with planned parenthood existing and you would agree with any lie that will punish them. Because regardless of the truth, trying to stop a villainous organization is justifying the lying it takes to stop it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    Next up a slander suit against Carly Fiorina and Fox News!!

Like my brother said when we were discussing this, the sheep will still think they sell baby parts cause they can't think for themselves.

The funniest part is this is Greg Abbot who had his hand in the Center for Bullshit Medical Progress getting indicted on felony charges. Hopefully they get locked up for a long time.
    There were people in my Health Policy/Law class that actually thought PP was selling baby organs to people for transplant...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    There were people in my Health Policy/Law class that actually thought PP was selling baby organs to people for transplant...
    To little people?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The video was made up, it didn't actually expose anything. This is far closer to what happened with ACORN, where people like you bought the lie and then were too invested to give a shit about the truth.

Instead of pretending this has anything to do with reality. Just be honest and admit that you disagree with planned parenthood existing and you would agree with any lie that will punish them. Because regardless of the truth, trying to stop a villainous organization is justifying the lying it takes to stop it.
    There is something of a problem with arguing with someone like him. Trying to use facts against him can apparently just make him hold on to his opinions even stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently in her campaign materials, the Houston DA described herself as a "proud pro-life Texan mother of two." If the proud pro-life Texan couldn't find enough evidence of wrongdoing to bring Planned Parenthood to trial (and it's notoriously easy to indict anyone but a police officer), then there must seriously be NO evidence to support the accusations.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    There is something of a problem with arguing with someone like him. Trying to use facts against him can apparently just make him hold on to his opinions even stronger.
    That's sort of the thing. I believe that a lot of people's opinion of PP is based on their stance on abortion and not actually facts behind the controversy. I think that's primarily due to seeing PP or abortion as evil and justifying any scruitny, regardless of facts, as necessary to stop the evil. It's kinda like Al Capone being put away for tax evasion, instead of the crimes that he couldn't be convicted for, but without the legitimacy of his tax evasion. People willingly will justify a lie, if it means stopping a greater evil.

If people would just admit or realize that's what happening, then it would save a lot of arguments. There is nothing that can be said or done on a forum to fix such a bias. But, at least acknowledging it, will move the argument away from fruitlessly trying to argue facts of an event. Facts are meaningless if that's the case...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I find it ironic people screaming truths and facts often ignore them when it doesn't favor their own arguments, but what ever, CHEERS!