Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    I'm completely against young people voting TBH. I believe the voting age should be between 30-55, no one older or younger. Young people vote too emotionally, and are generally poor so they will vote for whoever can offer the most social assistance (which then comes out of everyones pockets). Older people, are basically the same, they are on their way out and want all the assistance they can get, plus most of them won't even be around to take part in the future they are trying to affect. The age in between SHOULD generally be fairly stable and able to make rational informed decisions, but there are always exceptions to all cases obviously
    I could see the reasoning behind this but I wouldn't want it to happen. land of the free and shit. You also have to take L's(loses) sometimes.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Which constitutes about 80% of the posters on these forums....
    I thought Obama was all 3 branches tho :O!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Which constitutes about 80% of the posters on these forums....
    .....and 80% of right wingers given that most of them believe man made climate change is some sort of global conspiracy. Do you believe that by any chance?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    .....and 80% of right wingers given that most of them believe man made climate change is some sort of global conspiracy. Do you believe that by any chance?
    Devout Climate Change believers denouncing heretic Climate Change Deniers, News as 5.

When is the next time the world is supposed to end due to Climate Change? Another 10 years? I will check in 2026 when nothing significant has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Devout Climate Change believers denouncing heretic Climate Change Deniers, News as 5.

When is the next time the world is supposed to end due to Climate Change? Another 10 years? I will check in 2026 when nothing significant has changed.
    Ahh so you believe its a global conspiracy too? Note that there is this thing called science, another one called data, and a third called evidence.

So you are another one to add to the "should not vote due to stupidity" column, if we are using your metric of stupid people should not vote.

P.S. I'm not a "believer" in anything as belief implies accepting something without evidence. You should call me an evidencer or similar as whether I accept something as true or not is based on evidence. I.e "I accept the earth is round because that is what the evidence shows" and "I accept man made climate change because that is what the evidence shows".
    Last edited by alexw; 2016-01-27 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Science is not an optional 'belief system'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Last edited by jayeffkay; 2016-01-27 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    But if I vote then they might call me for jury duty...
    Isn't jury duty just free days off work?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    That was my intent lol
    Yeah, I knew you weren't being serious hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    But if I vote then they might call me for jury duty...
    Depends on if you think a republican such as Ted Cruz or Donald Trump in the white house is preferable to maybe being called up for jury duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Young people should really just vote more This election does not really have a prime-player, so aslong as hillary( a laughable person in most of the world) is not elected, everything will be fine Just try to get your voting-procent up in the meanwhile
    Fixd for you
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post

Look your vote matters, so please stop playing video games for one afternoon get off of your butt and go vote!
    Wait, The Young Turks has a viewer? That's the most interesting notion in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    corporations and CEOs dont have terms, so yeah, voting doesn't do anything.
    Neither do the bureaucrats who run much of our government.

Am I to understand that the OP wants young people to get off their ass to vote for bernie and only bernie???

No, your vote doesnt matter. You idiots keep voting for the shitty candidates with the happy messages over the realistic candidates with more experience. Do America a favor and just stay in playing games on election day.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Everyone write in Alfred E. Newman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Voting is important. There are plenty of people who complain about the current president, congressman, etc. who never go out and vote. It is such a simple process and yes it is a numbers game. Vote often too. Not just for presidential elections. Get out for those special elections. That's when your vote is needed even more. I go with my wife and the whole process from walking in to back to our car takes under 5 minutes. Depending on where you live, it may take slightly more, but still, it's so easy to do.