New Windwalker, got a question

Hi all so my guild asked me if i could play WW for Legion, i have played WW in the past and i did enjoy it so i decided to take them up on their offer.
    However I've never really played it at a high level, i was mainly doing pugs...

I took a quick look at the stickied WW Guide and the stats on their are: MS>vers>Crit>haste>mastery, however a quick look at a few WW monks are showing that they are both gemming and enchanting haste. Is this just because there are very few single target fights in HFC?

my typical thought for WW was basically stack MS, so MS food, enchants and gems, but I'm assuming because of the multi target fights in HFC it's the complete opposite? Just looking for confirmation really, as to why haste is bigger prio than MS atm.

Also whilst I'm here i may as well ask - is it worth spending the chi on tiger palm after summoning a new spirit, or just get the tiger palm buff whenever you need to refresh it for yourself?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Hi all so my guild asked me if i could play WW for Legion, i have played WW in the past and i did enjoy it so i decided to take them up on their offer.
    However I've never really played it at a high level, i was mainly doing pugs...

I took a quick look at the stickied WW Guide and the stats on their are: MS>vers>Crit>haste>mastery, however a quick look at a few WW monks are showing that they are both gemming and enchanting haste. Is this just because there are very few single target fights in HFC?

my typical thought for WW was basically stack MS, so MS food, enchants and gems, but I'm assuming because of the multi target fights in HFC it's the complete opposite? Just looking for confirmation really, as to why haste is bigger prio than MS atm.

Also whilst I'm here i may as well ask - is it worth spending the chi on tiger palm after summoning a new spirit, or just get the tiger palm buff whenever you need to refresh it for yourself?
    If you're looking at the higher ranking monks then you have to understand that they are doing different things than someone who would be progressing. During progression I went full Multistrike but after progression was done I went full haste because Chi Ex has the highest theoretical maximum dps, and since I'm going for logs, that's what I'm looking for. In general you can't go wrong with either gearing strategy, so don't stress about it too much.

If you're using ChiEx then don't worry about the TP, but if using Serenity then you'll want to refresh it and RSK so that the clones can benefit from it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch