Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

The lore in the Warcraft movie that is to be released is great and I really like the fact that they made a movie out of it, personally I think that cinematics is one of the stronger aspects Blizzard has, they have always made you excited and fueled with energy when you see their trailers. I'd be thrilled if they would make a movie about Arthas and how he became the Lich King etc. If you could choose, what part of warcraft lore would you see fit as a movie?

Well, provided this first one does well, I'd like to see all of it :P

I would like to see Lord of the Clans. It's actually my favourite book.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Well, provided this first one does well, I'd like to see all of it :P
    That's true, but either way I would probably watch them all because seeing the whole story as a cinematic for me would be delicate. Let's just hope the first movie does well

Deleted
    I want to see the original trilogy made into movies. I'm sure that's exactly what they'll do.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of pretext to slog through for Arthas' story, though. Ner'Zhul, Lordaeron, Illidan, the burning legion, the Death Knights, Silvermoon, and so on and so forth.

And then... do you conclude his story in that same movie, moving on to the events of WotLK? That means you have to zip through the events of Vanilla and BC.

And do you address the third war, seeing as that happened in conjunction with Arthas' descent into madness?

They could definitely do a "wrath of the Lich King" type movie, but... they'd need a hell of a lot of exposition beforehand. And I've a feeling this whole "tell every movie's story as six sequels" thing is going to wear thin on people in the next decade or so.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    There's a lot of pretext to slog through for Arthas' story, though. Ner'Zhul, Lordaeron, Illidan, the burning legion, the Death Knights, Silvermoon, and so on and so forth.

And then... do you conclude his story in that same movie, moving on to the events of WotLK? That means you have to zip through the events of Vanilla and BC.

And do you address the third war, seeing as that happened in conjunction with Arthas' descent into madness?

They could definitely do a "wrath of the Lich King" type movie, but... they'd need a hell of a lot of exposition beforehand. And I've a feeling this whole "tell every movie's story as six sequels" thing is going to wear thin on people in the next decade or so.
    I was thinking more as of going in depth at the timeline between when he's a young boy to his downfall, the movie doesn't have to tell you where the Lich King came from and why it was created but how Arthas got in that position. And there could be previous movies leading towards that part of Warcraft lore or sequels that take us back in time, so that people see the whole picture.

Although I understand that it involves tons of lore to explain it all which would lead to multiple movies.

They should just make the movie about warlocks. Would be a best seller in cinemas.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Why make this thread? You realize they're more than likely just going to move it into the Warcraft movie thread where it belongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait to see the film!
    Follow my journey to the bodybuilding stage! www.instagram.com/tbatcho07
    Musclemeds - Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...clemeds/simple

Lich King as first choice.. war of the ancients as my second
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Why make this thread? You realize they're more than likely just going to move it into the Warcraft movie thread where it belongs.
    I only mentioned the upcoming movie, whilst the thread focuses on what I'd like to see.

Wouldn't mind a short tv show about Defias Brotherhood or Knights of the Ebon Blade. Or more specifically, Van Cleef and Darion.

Quote Originally Posted by Haamul View Post
    I only mentioned the upcoming movie, whilst the thread focuses on what I'd like to see.
    That's why I went with the safe "more than likely", rather than commit entirely to a definitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking more as of going in depth at the timeline between when he's a young boy to his downfall, the movie doesn't have to tell you where the Lich King came from and why it was created but how Arthas got in that position. And there could be previous movies leading towards that part of Warcraft lore or sequels that take us back in time, so that people see the whole picture.

Although I understand that it involves tons of lore to explain it all which would lead to multiple movies.
    Then it becomes a question of how little exposition you can get away with and not have general audiences going "wait... what?" I mean, he finds a giant glowy sword in a snow cave while pursuing a giant vampire monster that turned a village into zombies and hears the voice of a helmet trapped in a block of ice.

Like, think of all the moving parts going on in Arthas' story. You have Illidan, who already has a convoluted backstory... even if you skirt over that and say he's an agent of the burning legion, you also have to explain Ner'zhul, and that he's ALSO an agent of the burning legion, but both are kind of wavering on that regard, but you also have to address the other agents of the burning legion/Scourge, like Kel'thuzad, the function of the sunwell, the fall of silvermoon, and the fact that the burning legion is staging an invasion and that's why any of this is happening.

And that'd just be like... a third of the movie, if you cut it down into the first chunk dealing with young Arthas and his training, the second chunk being the afformentioned, and the third chunk being the events of WotLk.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Then it becomes a question of how little exposition you can get away with and not have general audiences going "wait... what?" I mean, he finds a giant glowy sword in a snow cave while pursuing a giant vampire monster that turned a village into zombies and hears the voice of a helmet trapped in a block of ice.

Like, think of all the moving parts going on in Arthas' story. You have Illidan, who already has a convoluted backstory... even if you skirt over that and say he's an agent of the burning legion, you also have to explain Ner'zhul, and that he's ALSO an agent of the burning legion, but both are kind of wavering on that regard, but you also have to address the other agents of the burning legion/Scourge, like Kel'thuzad, the function of the sunwell, the fall of silvermoon, and the fact that the burning legion is staging an invasion and that's why any of this is happening.

And that'd just be like... a third of the movie, if you cut it down into the first chunk dealing with young Arthas and his training, the second chunk being the afformentioned, and the third chunk being the events of WotLk.
    Hmm, seems fair. It would probably be quite confusing for the people unfamiliar with the lore to have all that in one movie. In this case a trilogy would probably work, you should be able to make people understand why he picked up that giant glowy sword etc. Because the reason why he picks it up is to slay Mal'Ganis which obviously would be mentioned several times before he picked up the sword, from the starting of the plague in the Eastern Kingdoms to Northrend, and showing that when he took Frostmourne he was being told what to do by a higher power leading to his helmet.

But filling three movies with all of those moving parts in his story would most likely be 5+ movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    That's why I went with the safe "more than likely", rather than commit entirely to a definitely.
    And therefore by making this thread I took a risk, there's only one way to find out if it will "more than likely" be moved. You see, I like playing with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    They should just make the movie about warlocks. Would be a best seller in cinemas.

Directed by Michael Bay, of course.

I'd like to see a movie about Arthas as well. One about Kael'thas would be nice as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, seems fair. It would probably be quite confusing for the people unfamiliar with the lore to have all that in one movie. In this case a trilogy would probably work, you should be able to make people understand why he picked up that giant glowy sword etc. Because the reason why he picks it up is to slay Mal'Ganis which obviously would be mentioned several times before he picked up the sword, from the starting of the plague in the Eastern Kingdoms to Northrend, and showing that when he took Frostmourne he was being told what to do by a higher power leading to his helmet.

But filling three movies with all of those moving parts in his story would most likely be 5+ movies.

- - - Updated - - -

And therefore by making this thread I took a risk, there's only one way to find out if it will "more than likely" be moved. You see, I like playing with fire.
    Imagine the movie setting up once he awakes as the Lich King, and during the movie, different flashbacks that shows us the critical moments of his life, a la Lost style (like meeting Jaina, the death of Invicible, him joining the Paladins, Mal'ganis and the culling of Stratholme, claiming the Frostmourne..)
    And the first shots of the movie.. the Wotlk intro cinematic.. "My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered your name... Arthas.."
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I would like to see Lord of the Clans. It's actually my favourite book.
    TV Show right there
    -K