Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You should ignore all that stuff and try to get laid (well, maybe in a few years depending on local laws). You're only young once; don't waste it.
    I have had sex before. Nigerian girl, got sick and threw up (me not her)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    By not coming across as an insufferable know-it-all kid. Nobody likes a 'deep' teenager with vast philosophical commentary on the world and universe. If you can avoid shoving yourself into that hole you'll be fine.
    Yeah, there's something super arrogant about a kid who thinks he's so profound that he assumes the thoughts he has to share aren't things that his elders haven't already considered in great detail while they were going through their profound phase and finally dismissed, either because they didn't make any sense, or because whether or not they made sense, they were totally unhelpful in trying to improve their lives or the world.

The year every kid discovers solipsism is so damned obnoxious. It took me and my friends nearly a year of feeling profound and deep before we realized how useless it was.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHibb View Post
    This is good advice that I think everyone should take to heart. Live life for no one but yourself! Do what makes you happy, and if people don't want to listen to what you have to say because you are a teenager, screw em, we're always here to listen, lol.
    Yep or be a robot like everybody else, misunderstanding life, not doing your own work, pawning off ideas from others as your own, and misquoting or misrepresenting others.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think for yourself, be open minded, and think critically at what you read and hear. Most media are trying to sway you one way or another. But don't be afraid of people thinking less of your opinion. In fact although a few people your own age might tease, to be honest most older people will be proud to see someone younger being smart, involved, and not apathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Also, this is bullshit. People who dislike deep teenagers with vast philosphical commentary are the same people who dislike deepness and philosophical commentary in general. In the best case, they are simply biased because they believe, that others cannot achieve insight at young age just because they weren´t able to themselves at that age. Avoid those people.
    Or the "deep" teenagers are just regurgitating trite pseudo-philosophy which more experienced intellectuals have learned to dismiss. I'm not going to say this is always the case, but more often than not it is. Humility in such matters isn't going to hurt you - in fact, it will serve you well to remember that the wisest men in history have recognized that they know very little, and asked questions rather than stated their opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Nobody took me seriously until I turned 15.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

My world view, particularly my political views have changed vastly since I was 15-16. Almost the complete opposite. I don't really know why. I think your real life experiences and your circumstances have more of an impact on what you believe and how you think, despite what you read or 'discuss' with people in order to educate yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    While I'm interested in getting into politics and discussions on ecology and posthumanism, I feel as if my age would hinder my perception.

Granted I am still a teenager, a young teen at that and I recognize my standpoints on issues evolve as science and the people I conversate with leave lasting impressions, any advice on how I could persue my interests without being discriminated against due to my age?
    I've yet to see a Young Adult as US President, or Prime Ministers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    I've yet to see a Young Adult as US President, or Prime Ministers.
    I'm not sure of the point you're attempting to convey?

I'm not sure of the point you're attempting to convey?
    Don't worry. As you grow older, you'll get it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Such level of enlightment will only make you suffer. People will not understand or will not take it serious. The more you read and research to more your pain will increase. Ignorance is a bliss. Then again i encourage you to follow it. no matter how many retarded people you see around you. If i were you i would try to find a group or internet forum something social, to share your ideas. Here on this forums there are great people, brightest in the world (seriously no sarcasm) but this is a gaming forum and it attracts all kind of people.

Have you tried talking with your father or your uncle? these 2 were my best partners to talk about deep stuff like politics, history, religion, life etc.

They already suggested you but yes never think you know the best. always listen and learn. absorb it. also politics involve everyone. be it rich or poor. don't distance yourself from them. (not in the same way you keep your distance from drug dealers ofc )

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Such level of enlightment will only make you suffer. People will not understand or will not take it serious. The more you read and research to more your pain will increase. Ignorance is a bliss. Then again i encourage you to follow it. no matter how many retarded people you see around you. If i were you i would try to find a group or internet forum something social, to share your ideas. Here on this forums there are great people, brightest in the world (seriously no sarcasm) but this is a gaming forum and it attracts all kind of people.

Have you tried talking with your father or your uncle? these 2 were my best partners to talk about deep stuff like politics, history, religion, life etc.

They already suggested you but yes never think you know the best. always listen and learn. absorb it. also politics involve everyone. be it rich or poor. don't distance yourself from them. (not in the same way you keep your distance from drug dealers ofc )
    I spoke to my father and grandfather about it, but my father is pretty annoyed by constant conversations, while my grandfather is largely a far right conservative and I can't convey anything to him without him interrupting me and defending his points aggressively.

The thing is ignorance brings me more misery, I am a human that constantly tries to learn, I want to know what's happening on all continents, so I keep track of news and politics. I never try to put myself over anybody as I consider "inferior" and "superior" to be subjective, an cuttlefish is superior to a human at camouflage, but does that make the cuddlefish a superior species?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Don't worry. As you grow older, you'll get it.
    I've yet to see a Young Adult as US President, or Prime Ministers
    I simply don't understand the message, I don't seek to be in a higher position of power or influence, rather I seek the basic respect you would afford to the average man or woman when you are to engage in conversations. To not be mocked, talked down to or dehumanized due to the fact that I am younger than you, I understand I will never stop learning and my opinions are ever-changing, but can that be significantly different from you or any other man or woman on this forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    By not coming across as an insufferable know-it-all kid. Nobody likes a 'deep' teenager with vast philosophical commentary on the world and universe. If you can avoid shoving yourself into that hole you'll be fine.
    Way too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Way too late.
    Is this because of the fact you choose not to understand what a trophic cascade is?

10+ Year Old Account
    You lack life experience, but not to worry everyone does at that age. People have a difficult time getting into deep discussions with teens because of that, and sadly a lot of teens aren't willing to accept that they don't have a very well rounded life experience to be able to shape their attitudes, beliefs, philosophies etc. There are of course exceptions to this, not everyone is the same etc etc.

That doesn't mean you don't have anything of value to share, and that doesn't mean someone twice your age should go into a debate or conversation assuming you know nothing either.

You could wait a few years.

You come across as someone who is trying WAY to hard to sound intellegent. Your vocabulary seems meant to impress rather than convey meaning. It also appears that you are lacking in social awareness. Out of curiosity, have you tested on the autism spectrum?

Deleted
    Is this because of the fact you choose not to understand what a trophic cascade is?
    No, because you're already insufferable and have opinions on things you have no idea about and nothing anyone ever says makes you budge even in the slightest about them.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    You come across as someone who is trying WAY to hard to sound intellegent. Your vocabulary seems meant to impress rather than convey meaning. It also appears that you are lacking in social awareness. Out of curiosity, have you tested on the autism spectrum?
    I have aspergera, but the reason I talk the way I do is largely because I what I idolize, I do notice that a lot of times I think try to sound smarter, but that's largely because I'm used to being to talked down to by people. I should just speak more from the heart.

Deleted
    You do realize nobody here knew your age, thus their responses weren't based on age at all but on the things you wrote and the ideas you held.