Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lol, I love this guy!

Stick it to those goose-stepping bureaucrats!

This part was the best, imo:

"The BBFC confirmed it had awarded the movie a U certificate along with a note warning that the description of the film "may contain spoilers"
    ~RAWR!

Has to be the lowest budget/duration movie ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Not that I'd put it past a brony, but it's mentioned several times in the one page long thread this is. Come on, man.
    What was the rating?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    What was the rating?
    U - The U symbol stands for Universal. A U film should be suitable for audiences aged four years and over.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still a better film than Funny Games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    1 frame each 30min of some really hardcore snuff video shit.
    It would need to be only in the shades of the painted color, otherwise they could too easily scan it with a cheap software tool. If you make it hard for the pricks, you need to go all out
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-01-27 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The US film industry owns our film censors, not the government. It was brilliant move, the film industry put their censors in place before Congress could act. So I can't see something similar happening here because the film creator would be screwing over his own people.
    Nothing brilliant about it; the MPAA is a non-state actor, so the 1st Amendment does not apply to it. Congress not so much.

I don't understand. Why pay money to have them check your film if all you want to do is waste their time? Doesn't that seem childish? Theres a reason I hate a lot of people in certain "arts".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It was crowdfunded and received a U rating. Apparently they have to really pay attention in case of something like flash frames as seen in Fight Club.
    I can't say I'd care if the 6k you give me is crowdfunded or not, so long as you're paying me for a little over 10 hours of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I can't say I'd care if the 6k you give me is crowdfunded or not, so long as you're paying me for a little over 10 hours of my time.
    Fuck yea. Ill get paid $600 an hour for a day. Ive sat through meetings worse than watching paint dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Fuck yea. Ill get paid $600 an hour for a day. Ive sat through meetings worse than watching paint dry.
    It was in the UK, a quick Google conversion shows that it would be $859 for you lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The paint is a metaphor

Is the paint wet or dry?

Deleted
    They should make a trilogy of 10 hour movies, 30 hours total, of grass growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    It was in the UK, a quick Google conversion shows that it would be $859 for you lot.
    oh cool. I was just going by $6000, forgot it wasn't in dollars. Id gladly do that for a few weeks straight and then take off a few months.

oh cool. I was just going by $6000, forgot it wasn't in dollars. Id gladly do that for a few weeks straight and then take off a few months.
    Keep in mind in this scenario you aren't actually getting paid that. Your bosses are. You're probably getting paid slightly over minimum wage to watch that film.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Keep in mind in this scenario you aren't actually getting paid that. Your bosses are. You're probably getting paid slightly over minimum wage to watch that film.
    Well that's easy. Id refuse and id send a letter to the "Artist" that hes a dick and hes taking out his frustration on people who aren't to blame and maybe he should pick another battle.

I don't understand. Why pay money to have them check your film if all you want to do is waste their time? Doesn't that seem childish? Theres a reason I hate a lot of people in certain "arts".
    Ever heard of protesting? He didn't pay out of pocket, these were donations. And he did it both to send a message to the BBFC as well as to the public that something needs to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's easy. Id refuse and id send a letter to the "Artist" that hes a dick and hes taking out his frustration on people who aren't to blame and maybe he should pick another battle.
    You wouldn't have the right to refuse to. You are specifically mandated to watch all films in their entirety that are submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Ever heard of protesting? He didn't pay out of pocket, these were donations. And he did it both to send a message to the BBFC as well as to the public that something needs to change.

- - - Updated - - -

You wouldn't have the right to refuse to. You are specifically mandated to watch all films in their entirety that are submitted.
    I guess im not understanding his "fight". What needs to change? And yes I could quit. Im not going to watch 10 hours of paint drying for minimum wage. Im going to be sick that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Sunbro View Post
    What color was the paint?
    if you're going to talk about the plot of the movie you should tag it with spoilers
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if you're going to talk about the plot of the movie you should tag it with spoilers
    what was the shade? Its texture? Did it invoke any emotional reaction???? I MUST KNOW!