Thread: Felseeker

Deleted

Felseeker

Does it have a preference to land on ranged?

From my experience, yes.

It's even possible to 'bait' it with a good chance (some ranged/healers standing away from boss, rest of the raid in melee). But don't count on it.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Deleted
    Has anyone ever seen it on a melee group while all the ranged were out?

Deleted
    Its always on ranged/healers. On methods's mythic mannoroth strat you have players standing far enough away from the boss when the felseeker comes it does not interrupt melee dps or mess up tanking positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only on ranged ever. If you see it spawn in melee then most likely some ranged bloke was hanging around where he should not be.

It targets a random ranged dps or healer, unless your raid has no ranged dps or healers alive in which case it will target a melee or tank.

It can target someone with wrath of gul'dan as well, if they're ranged or healer.

On mythic mannoroth we have all ranged move out of the middle when it's coming.

It can target any and every ranged/healer. Even if there is one ranged / healer person in melee, they are still eligible. You can use the replay feature if you didn't catch who it was. I forget if monks in this case are considered melee.

For mythic Manno we used this strat roughly.

Forgive my paint skills.

We had Mark guys go right of the boss and spread out just far enough to not clip each other.

What about MW Monks. They usually count as a melee and healer. Are they targeted by Felseeker?

I'm not sure. I don't think they get targeted, but i'll ask some of my MW buddies tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    From my experience, yes.

It's even possible to 'bait' it with a good chance (some ranged/healers standing away from boss, rest of the raid in melee). But don't count on it.
    "Baiting" it like that is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Almom View Post
    What about MW Monks. They usually count as a melee and healer. Are they targeted by Felseeker?
    I don't *think* they count, but I'm not positive to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I don't *think* they count, but I'm not positive to be honest.
    Nearly every mechanic in the game which targets ranged seems to have an exception for MW Monks, so I doubt this is any different. The game probably just "sees" MW Monks as melee, even if they're in ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    "Baiting" it like that is a bad idea.
    Not really, depends entirely on the strat you use. Works perfectly for ours provided the ranged players aren't standing in the direction the raid will be moving.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Mistweavers count as melee for felseeker.

Quote Originally Posted by Almom View Post
    No, it doesn't target MW Monks. Our Monk actually mentioned this during our farm kill last night.

Confirmed on the MW forums as well. MW's can only be targeted by abilities that don't specify a spec type. So Hanz and Franz jump targets the farthest person it could be a MW.