Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Archimond Help?

Hi, could use few pointers for our guild run, seem to have issues near the end (after 2nd banish) things seem to just go to hell
    here is our logs. any help/mistakes/pointers would be awesome. please no trolling or bashing on anyone. want to use this as an example and learning for those in raid group. to help them learn on mistakes and to help improve on there skills.

Thank you.
    (Starting most recent to roughly week or so ago, for more info if needed)

Sat Feb 13 2016 (Most recent one)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kyTZ7mJVArfgYRQ8

Sat Feb 06 2016
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZJtgP7x4zFkNv3r1

Feb 05 2016
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hr9KanCf1VTJPgAB

Deleted
    I don't want to be an asshole or anything but 37k dps with 722 ilvl is pretty bad.

I don't really feel like looking at every log and attempt (no offense) so I'm looking at your best attempt from your most recent report.
    Healing throughput across the board looks to be on the low side. Especially given their gear. Your discipline priest didn't cast power word barrier once. That could have saved your warrior and mage from dying during those shackled torments (despite having tranquility cast during that time).
    Does your team have Exorsus raid tools? It has this nice popup window that shows the direction and path of wrought chaos. Considering that the wrought chaos that killed your warrior and mage was avoidable this could help.
    Your times in the nether were around 29s for the first banish and 22s for the second banish, which is excellent (better than our group anyways). Our group generally uses hero once the first group returns from banish.
    Now looking at the moment where you die and all hell breaks loose, there are some strange things going on. Looking at the replay, it looks like your hunter disengaged into the fel pool? Immediately after that, it looks like you got hit by a living shadow. That shouldn't happen, and that that is a large reason (if not THE reason) why you wiped. If you haven't already, you need to assign your hunters to kill those living shadows as soon as they spawn from the nether tears. They CAN be slowed and stunned, so use that to your advantage. Once you died it was pretty much a wipe. Archimond killed 3 people, only Crack went into the nether so Archimond healed and that was all she wrote at that point.
    As far as I can tell, your raids dps is enough to kill Archimonde, and your tanks do a good job of mitigating damage. I'm a little iffy on the throughput seen from the healers, but that might be a result of the smaller raid size you're running with.

Kyldre thanks so much, we do run a 15 man group (most time if not 12-13) with 3 healers.. sounds bad (probably). but they do good. your advice and pointers is very much helpful.

our best pull was 10-5% (despite what logs says) and it just got rough (mostly think its timing of banish and rain of chaos), i myself roughly take 2-3 banish just to push more dps onto the add inside. while pally tank stays out (yea i know its bad but it works very well).

15 people total (that includes 3 healers) is to much for 3 healers (this is also what i been thinking about) been thinking on getting a shammy for (not only) totem to reduce dmg when rain of chaos goes out 2nd time.

Your hunters are half ignoring the Living Shadows. In your last set of logs, Redstraps and Alpen each have about 2.5m damage done to them total. That's over the course of all 8 pulls. That's about the amount of damage you should be doing to Living Shadows in a single successful kill.

Living Shadows will wreck your raid, not just because they hit for a lot, but they make people unhealable.

Over 7 pulls that made it to spawn Living Shadows, you had 11m damage taken from them. You have 36 counts of Devour Life being applied. In each attempt, that's 5 people either dying or becoming halfway unhealable for 45 seconds.

When nether portals start spawning, at least one hunter should stay up, dedicated to killing Living Shadows. This person should pool their focus for the shadows, and be positioned so that as soon as one spawns, they can instantly one or two-shot it. This person can't simultaneously handle infernals, they need to be positioned properly and pool all their focus for the Living Shadows.

If you clean that up, your last phase might start to look much better.

I only looked at attempt #1, it was a 12% wipe which was the lowest in those logs, don't have time to go through all of the attempts unfortunately. Redstraps is losing massive, massive amounts of damage and WAY under performing. Just to kinda give you an idea they are doing less than my 705 alt hunter with no tier, a 735 legendary ring and normal mode BRF trinkets.

I cut the log down to 6 minutes, so just before the hunter died, and analyzed it.
    They only used the spinny trinket 5 times when they could have used it 7.
    They aren't using kill shot on everything they can and it was only cast 12 times during the entire fight.
    They just randomly used stampede 2 minutes into the fight. They should be using it on the pull and then again with lust/final ring.
    They only hit deterrence 1 time during the fight and it wasn't when they died.
    Their biggest problem, however, is their Chimera shot use. During the time they were alive they could have cast 40 chimera shots, they cast 20 over the course of 6 minutes. Just to break down how MASSIVE that is I'll give you some numbers. Their average Chimera shot was 190k (I am not even including the cleave that Chimera shot does which is a ton on this fight) so missing 20 of those over the duration of the fight lost them a staggering 3.8 million damage on their main target alone, not counting cleave. Even further to that point, of the 20 Chimera shots they fired only 13 of them hit which means they shot them at targets which were so low on HP that the target died in while the shot was in flight. That's another 1.3 million lost damage for a total of 5.1 million damage lost on Chimera shot, not counting cleave.

Your Warlock needs to cast havoc a lot more and they need to shadowburn snipe low adds far more often than they are.
    Last edited by Octa; 2016-02-14 at 01:14 PM.

Lust should be used right when your first banish group comes out. If you are doing that it isn't reflected in the log. If you get to a third banish, put in someone with high survivability (rogue, hunter) ONLY. I can link my guilds kill this weekend if you'd like.

Nerdoftheweek - We stop at about 26-27% just to have 2nd banish go out.. Most time (BEFORE) we had issue with poping lust after first banish, due to fact that Banish owuld go out sametime as Rain of Chaos. so we hold off till 2nd banish group comes out then lust. felt more easier.

Octa - Thank you i will deffently relay this to my hunters (we had 1 missing).

Just an FYI our yesturday logs (Saturday) we had mage pug and hunter hug (mage was causing issues), so some of the logs look bad. hints why i posted few other logs from last week.

please feel free to post anyone else that is under proforming could be very useful.
    Last edited by Noix; 2016-02-14 at 02:27 PM.

Yeah, usually you would just have your priest drop a barrier and have everyone stack on it, then pop lust and just ride on low for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdoftheweek View Post
    Yeah, usually you would just have your priest drop a barrier and have everyone stack on it, then pop lust and just ride on low for a while.
    Yea i was thinking that (we didnt try it at all) just felt like barrier wouldnt be enough to live Rain of Chaos

Really depends on the priest and how good your healers are, you may want to drop another cool down, it depends

On your 8:08 pull your druid didn't tranq once. Is there any reason for that? It's worth mentioning I'm only looking at that pull as it was your longest.
    Last edited by Drattz; 2016-02-14 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    we do run a 15 man group (most time if not 12-13) with 3 healers.. sounds bad (probably), but they do good..15 people total (that includes 3 healers) is to much for 3 healers (this is also what i been thinking about)
    Did you ever think of going 2 heal instead of looking for even more healers ? (everything below 15 should be 2 healed anyway, even if it is progress)
    Because of the extra dps things die quick what means phases 123 go a lot faster...what means healers have it more easy instead of having it harder. (because of the wipes you should know how to move now so no strange things for healers)

You prob think healers can't cope now because people get hit by the adds what gives a healing debuff so my advise, go 2 heal and make sure no-one get hit by those adds from green pools.

Deleted
    Your Disc priest has 0 uptime on Archangel on all wipes on all your logs. This is really not ok... Archangel is disc priest most important spells, he is losing out on 25% extra healing an absorbs (if popped on 5 evang stacks) every 30 seconds for 18 seconds in total. He is also losing out on Empowered Archangel wich makes his Prayer of healing 100% crit. I hope you understand how important this is. He should pop it on cooldown every 30 seconds and he has 0 casts on all fights.

He is still dpsing and building evang stacks but hes not spending them on Archeangel. Its like he doesn´t know that spell exist or even is on his bars.

Other things he could improve on:
    -Spec into Halo instead of Cascade cause Cascade is bugged atm hitting pets and the healing it does is way to low compared to Halo, even if he doesnt cast it at max range.
    -His 2 piece debuff uptime is low (often 50%) meaning he isnt casting Penance on cooldown. This spell is amazingly strong and should be cast on people who need healing or on the boss if nobody needs healing.
    -If he has another heal trinket avaible he should replace his class trinket, its a terrible trinket (Not the leech trinket either as it doesnt work on absorbs)
    -He has way to much spirit, even with not keeping Mindbender on cooldown, he should try use some dps items if he has them. Probably also just cast more in general.

About the fight itself it looks like you need more control over your chains breaking. If there is people in the group on low hp then have people wait break their chains. Its generally better to have 1 break, heal up, 2 break, heal up, 3 break. But when you pop a big cd like tranq or tide let people break faster.

Hope it helps abit, the disc can contact me with any questions
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-02-15 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmtree View Post
    Did you ever think of going 2 heal instead of looking for even more healers ? (everything below 15 should be 2 healed anyway, even if it is progress)
    Because of the extra dps things die quick what means phases 123 go a lot faster...what means healers have it more easy instead of having it harder. (because of the wipes you should know how to move now so no strange things for healers)

o.
    That might work if they didnt have a couple ppl underperforming, should really be doing around 50k. The less time spent in last phase can really make a big difference. If they dont improve you might need to sit them out for now, cos i think you will get a kill without them

Deleted
    Had a look at your DK-Tank, Noix:
    - Tell him to use Defile or get a lot more practice at using BoS. He didn't use it on pull and only once during the fight, doing a tiny amount of damage before fizzling out.
    - He spent long stretches of time with his runic power capped, completely wasting it.
    - His melee auto-attack did more damage than his Death Strike, showing that he wasn't dumping RP through Death Coil enough, thus leading to down-times with his runes.

Couple of no potion use or single potion use, teach some of these lads to pre-pot for a start, even tanks

Also only 2 health pots used, if your healers are struggling everyone needs to be ready to chugg a pot when their HP gets dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    Your hunters are half ignoring the Living Shadows. In your last set of logs, Redstraps and Alpen each have about 2.5m damage done to them total. That's over the course of all 8 pulls. That's about the amount of damage you should be doing to Living Shadows in a single successful kill.

Living Shadows will wreck your raid, not just because they hit for a lot, but they make people unhealable.

Over 7 pulls that made it to spawn Living Shadows, you had 11m damage taken from them. You have 36 counts of Devour Life being applied. In each attempt, that's 5 people either dying or becoming halfway unhealable for 45 seconds.

When nether portals start spawning, at least one hunter should stay up, dedicated to killing Living Shadows. This person should pool their focus for the shadows, and be positioned so that as soon as one spawns, they can instantly one or two-shot it. This person can't simultaneously handle infernals, they need to be positioned properly and pool all their focus for the Living Shadows.

If you clean that up, your last phase might start to look much better.
    You can binding shot right before you go into the nether ..or the hunter who stays out can also binding shot...this will also help stop them for a few sec

Your Mage isn't doing the basics of Arcane properly. Not burning or conserving properly.

Suggest having a read of this:
    https://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1455

I would like to thank you all for your advice we finally down it today.. Thank you again. words of advice helps tons