Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Wait what are you even talking about? No one insinuated MLK was gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Well to some effect there's truth to the claim MLK wasn't inclusive: it's proven that he suppressed Bayard Rustin from public notoriety and dismissed him from working for MLK, due to the fact that his homosexuality would stir up controversy and threaten the civil rights movement. In general other civil rights leaders suppressed and attacked Rustin for his homosexuality.
    The other part of this story frequent on the internet is that Barard Rustin was also MLKjr's lover, which is just one of the lies constructed all stemming from the same place.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

wtf is this thread? MLK Jr was far from a bigot
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    it's ok, these kids will grow up eventually and until then they won't vote anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    But I digress; the fact that this is even a topic chronological adults can be having and take themselves seriously is proof of the failure of a generation, or at least a particular institute of "higher" "learning".
    Yes it always amazes me how people think the solution to racism is to demand too talk more about race...

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    wtf is this thread? MLK Jr was far from a bigot
    He was a bigot. Just like everyone that's ever lived is a bigot. Bigot just means to be intolerant of different opinions. Are you saying that he tolerated racist's opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Some ppl are offended because the content of their character is shit no wonder they want that quote changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "Until 1985, the wall declared the University of Oregon “leader in the quest for the good life for all men.” That was replaced with the King quote after feminists objected to the implication that Oregon only cared about “men.”"

*facedesk*
    Always good to see that ideological stupidity is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The other part of this story frequent on the internet is that Barard Rustin was also MLKjr's lover, which is just one of the lies constructed all stemming from the same place.
    I'm guessing it wasn't clear I only meant to say Mr Rustin was a homosexual?

That lie was actually one of the reasons MLK turned his back on Rustin (that they were having some love affair), unfortunately also pushed by other blacks at the time.

Critical thinking is good, but you can also overthink these issues. Somewhere in their education their teachers probably missed the chance to teach them that you can also overdo it.

All I needed to see was that it was in Oregon, enough said.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Well then... The 2010s will be forever known as the decade when universities and colleges became the breeding ground of absolute stupidity.

*finger snap applause*

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What the... Okay, let's change it into: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, by their gender identity, by their accent, by their nationality, by their ethnicity, by their musical taste, by their religion, by their..." *goes on for a few hours, then falls asleep... wakes up* Huh, what happened? Were we talking about something?

You can't really change someone else's statement. Once you change it it is no longer their statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well then... The 2010s will be forever known as the decade when universities and colleges became the breeding ground of absolute stupidity.

*finger snap applause*
    *Jazz hands*

It's actually crazy how stupid these people are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting threads like this, to bash people you disagree with, is not what these forums are for. Locking this here.