Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back when I was a kid, we went outside and played in the yard. Or we loaded snowballs with ice and chucked them at each other. I swear, people are getting dumber...

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I feel like youtube has made the younger generation slightly retarded.
    I feel like maybe you don't remember the stupid shit your generation pulled in middle/high school or university, or you were less aware. Perhaps you simply went to a smaller school, though mine was rather small already.

At least in my pre-Internet-Everywhere generation, kids were doing stupid things that were getting the unlucky shuffled off to the ER anyway. These days, they may simply be less regional, spread faster, and shift on to something different but equally stupid and potentially dangerous for the less cautious individuals. I suspect they become popular and widespread more quickly, but also fizzle out as the horror stories also spread very quickly and they move on to whatever is newest.

They weren't challenges in my day, they were "games." For people who liked murdering their own brain cells, and skirting medical bills. Older people do the same thing, but more often with beer and less of a widespread lemming effect, and they're not so much games or challenges, as stupid stunts.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Kids have always been dumb, especially boys. Failarmy is like 80% teen boys doing bone-breakingly stupid things. It's glorious.

Just another nominee for the Darwin Awards.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Internet makes people dummer, years after years. Next they'll be angry at superhero actors for jumping off building to save the city, because in real life, it kinda kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The sissy test was to get clawed by another sissy? Those who aren't sissies don't typically claw at each other like a couple of women...
    /shrug. I didn't say it made any sense. :P

Another dumb one I remember from my school days was a simple game to see how long you could hold your breath. I remember one kid getting sent to the hospital because he passed out from doing that and smacked his head pretty good on a table when he fell. :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Back when I was a kid, we went outside and played in the yard. Or we loaded snowballs with ice and chucked them at each other. I swear, people are getting dumber...
    Me and my friends did that , we also climbed and 'played' on harbor cranes, industrial chimneys, high trees , jumped from buildings where i now think 'what the hell were we thinking!' (obviously not thinking at all ) , raced in shopping carts (before the jack ass guys were out of their diapers) , walked over the glass panes on greenhouses and a bunch of other stupid stuff i probably shouldn't mention. ^^ And all this before the internet. kids have always done stupid shit, we just didn't have camera's to show how dumb we were.
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2016-01-28 at 04:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That blue hair though... <3
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What a waste of duct tape.
    Yup /10char

I love Darwinism.

Too bad he lived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Internet feminists ruined my love of colorful hair. At least i still have gingers. I'll always have gingers...
    Gingers are the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I don't know that I'd blame YouTube/the Internet in general. Kids just do dumb things sometimes.

The "sissy test" was the worst one I can remember. One kid would hold out his hand, and the other kid would use his fingernails to scratch the shit out of the back of that kid's hand, until he was told to stop. Length of time you lasted before you told the other kid to stop determined how much of a "sissy" you were. It frequently got bad enough to cause bleeding. Incredibly retarded and dangerous (I'm glad I was never stupid enough to have participated in it), but yeah. This was a good while before YouTube even existed.
    You ever play knuckles? You hold your fist and the other person punches it with theirs. Then you alternate and you punch theirs. First one to give up is a pussy. Such a stupid game. The other dumb one was quarters. You make a fist and put it on the table facing down kinda like you are punching it. Hold your fist there and someone else gets a quarter. They kinda make a slingshot with their hand and they fling the quarter as fast they can to hit the top of you hand. Then you switch.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You ever play knuckles? You hold your fist and the other person punches it with theirs. Then you alternate and you punch theirs. First one to give up is a pussy. Such a stupid game. The other dumb one was quarters. You make a fist and put it on the table facing down kinda like you are punching it. Hold your fist there and someone else gets a quarter. They kinda make a slingshot with their hand and they fling the quarter as fast they can to hit the top of you hand. Then you switch.
    I remember that. There was also a game where the two participants simply swapped punches with each other. You'd take turns slugging each other in the shoulder as hard as you could until one person had to stop.

I will admit that's one game I participated in, when I was around age 13-14. Still pretty dumb, but at least it's nowhere near as bad as some of the other "games" I've read about. I actually won that game a lot. I was told that I pretty much cheated because I had "really bony knuckles" whatever they meant by that. /shrug

Deleted
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I remember that. There was also a game where the two participants simply swapped punches with each other. You'd take turns slugging each other in the shoulder as hard as you could until one person had to stop.

I will admit that's one game I participated in, when I was around age 13-14. Still pretty dumb, but at least it's nowhere near as bad as some of the other "games" I've read about. I actually won that game a lot. I was told that I pretty much cheated because I had "really bony knuckles" whatever they meant by that. /shrug
    I used to play that too. Also had "bony knuckles" haha. I think its just cause I knew how to angle my fist so I led with the knuckles.