Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarama View Post
    I wouldn't mind blizz making the sets obtainable again, but players would have to earn them. Blizzard could accomplish this by using the same tech that they use in timewalkers.
    the tech needed is a bit different if they plan to make them "Challenge" modes:
    Timewalking only scales you to a certain lv and ilv, and it doesn't even take away your spells, while a CM timewalking would need to either be entirely rebalanced based on your new spells or they would have to take some spells away and give some back. plus item changes (mostly gems and enchanting) would make you severely underpowered or overpowered. aaaaaaaand creates a tech precedent for legacy servers, something that they probably don't want to do
    pretty much impossible unless they manage to sell it as new content or something

15+ Year Old Account
    Best thing to do is make a thread on the WoW Suggestion forums, keep it civil and get as many people to post about it so Blizz takes notice.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Kirne View Post
    the tech needed is a bit different if they plan to make them "Challenge" modes:
    Timewalking only scales you to a certain lv and ilv, and it doesn't even take away your spells, while a CM timewalking would need to either be entirely rebalanced based on your new spells or they would have to take some spells away and give some back. plus item changes (mostly gems and enchanting) would make you severely underpowered or overpowered. aaaaaaaand creates a tech precedent for legacy servers, something that they probably don't want to do
    pretty much impossible unless they manage to sell it as new content or something
    I highly doubt they'd do it anyway since CModes in MoP allowed you to use gem sockets to effecitvely outgear the content while they're disabled in WoD, creating a bit of dichotomy between the two variations of the same conceptual instance. Sounds like it'd be an absolute nightmare to tune properly and that's not even taking into account how the number squish would have undoubtedly made MoP CModes incredibly easy.

I think that they should do it so that the challenge mode sets are available from doing certain requirements through legion challenge modes as long as you them on one character from MoP.

For example, I completed MoP challenge modes on my Shaman. In legion I could get a full set of gold times, or complete a certain power level, in the Legion challenge modes on my Death Knight to unlock the ability to buy a token (or complete a questline or something) to unlock the armour sets for my Death Knight.

This way there is still a challenge associated with the class you have the armour on, the sets will still be fairly exclusive to those who did the challenge modes while they were current it just allows for it to be obtainable for the characters we may not have leveled during MoP or thought we would never play.
    Last edited by Foisil; 2016-01-28 at 01:26 PM.

I've always thought the Challenge Mode restrictions were insanely silly, considering how everything else is account wide in regards to PVE.
    The Feats of Strength are seen Account Wide. The Heroic (in MoP) and Mythic (WoD) Boss Kill achievements are account wide. The epic super-wow amazing PVE mount at the end of a raid is account wide (even being able to be used at a level it is otherwise unobtainable when levelling). The title is account wide.

Challenge Modes are all sorts of screwed up, with the rules being changed over time. Initially, the titles weren't account wide, the Gold CM only unlocked the class armor set you did it on, and you could only choose ONE mount. Yeah, the mount was account wide, but you had to keep doing the runs to get all the colors.

Then, they CHANGED it. Now suddenly the titles were account wide (remember initially the "Hordebreaker" and "Darkspear Revolutionary" titles from 4.3 patch were only per char, then changed to account wide as well) and doing gold CM's unlocked EVERY color of mount, drawing the ire of people who ran CM Gold's repeatedly.

Fast forward to WoD, now every MoP CM is unable to be done (even though gear scales down, really no reason this couldn't still be a thing considering TIMEWALKER DUNGEONS EXIST), and everything is weapon transmogs (which is either incredibly short-sighted, or Blizzard hadn't yet decided on Artifact Weapons for Legion). Which, you don't get mailed to you, you actually have to buy for 1k each.

So now for Legion, the MoP armor sets will remain unobtainable if you didn't do it at the time. But for WoD CM's, even if you didn't do it on that class or character, you can buy the Account Wide transmogs.

It's just inconsistent, which makes it frustrating. I totally understand the attitude of "If you didn't do it when it was current, too bad, you missed out" attitude, but jesus we're talking about people who DID do it.

You don't punish your raiders this way, by restricting their mounts/titles to the singular class/character they earned those things on. Why why WHY do it to Challenge Modes?!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I highly doubt they'd do it anyway since CModes in MoP allowed you to use gem sockets to effecitvely outgear the content while they're disabled in WoD, creating a bit of dichotomy between the two variations of the same conceptual instance. Sounds like it'd be an absolute nightmare to tune properly and that's not even taking into account how the number squish would have undoubtedly made MoP CModes incredibly easy.
    WoD CM's are complete faceroll aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    WoD CM's are complete faceroll aswell.
    I'm not disagreeing with you there but you have to consider MoP CMs were faceroll for a different reason. Right now it's because of Mirror and Soul Cap, back then it was sockets.

Just use scaling to bring back the ability to run MoP and WoD cms at the same difficulty as they were done originally. That way people can still get them, but there's no reason for anyone to qq since its still hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    Is this a joke?

Class sets were CLASS RESTRICTED

Hence that it will be available for all classes in Legion to be able to use said class specific transmog set

Weapons are NOT restricted to CLASSES

Therefore anyone can use them, hence if completed, a token will be available for purchase to allow for account wide use

That token alone is BETTER than the exception they're making for the MoP class sets since not only can the class who completed WoD CM use them for transmog, but so will other classes who did not complete or participate in them

Basically in MoP you completed a challenge with x class, therefore you get a reward solely for that class

In Legion you completed a challenge with x class, and you are rewarded for something for all classes

Now you want the MoP reward unlocked for all classes? You didn't have the necessary skill or accomplishment to obtain the reward in the first place, so why should you get it now? No, YOU DON'T DESERVE IT. PERIOD.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

@OP I agree tbh, I don't really see why the Sets aren't account wide, the weapons are restricted by different classes so it's not really an argument for the armour sets being limited to the only character you got them on, they don't really hold any prestige either considering how cheap it was to buy a CM boost at the end of MoP. Heck, I have a Mage which I boosted to 90 and have less than 20 hours /played on, brought a Boost for 60k gold and I still have no idea how the f to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Either that or they are planning to allow you to get the MoP sets and WoD weapons through the new challenge mode system in Legion.
    They're not, and don't expect them to.

Legion CMs will be Dungeon Difficulty 4-
    ∞ and will drop increasingly-better gear, supposedly even on par with end-game/hardcore raiding. It's quite a difference from the live/MoP system of CMs.

OT: I'd love for them to make the class sets all unlocked. It's not like I didn't put the effort in to unlock them; I did them, and no one wanted to do them 11 times (that's 99 golds to unlock all the armor; quite a bit ridiculous).

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    The MoP ones are at this point never ever obtainable again as far as we know. Which would make it unfair for those who couldnt do them then.
    Sucks to be those scrubs who never bothered with CMs on any character?

I could also see them adding the Phoenixes, Yeti, and weapon/armor crates into the BMAH. Expect them to get auto-1M'd though.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-01-29 at 09:06 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Class restriction argument is silly. If you could do it on one character, you could do it on any class. Knowing a rotation is a simple matter for someone who has done gold once. The only difference between doing it the first time and subsequent times is the time investment.
    You clearly didnt complete CM in MoP with several different classes. Some classes were way easier than others in CM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzar View Post
    You clearly didnt complete CM in MoP with several different classes. Some classes were way easier than others in CM.
    Just like WoD yet only some classes get some weapons. That point is invalid.

Also, with a good enough group and enough skill, you can easily overcome "class challenge" for CMs. Have you seen the world best clear times? They're like half the gold requirement.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'm not disagreeing with you there but you have to consider MoP CMs were faceroll for a different reason. Right now it's because of Mirror and Soul Cap, back then it was sockets.
    Soul Cap is really only good for pushing times, for people just trying to get gold they will never make use of it, Mirror on the other hand is great no matter what you are doing.

I didn't do MoP CM's on my alts. Why should I get rewards for something I didn't do? Makes no sense to me.

Deleted
    they should make them available to do and scale you to rhe level of it :/ they can eventually do this for every dungeon available...

Quote Originally Posted by GukillOP View Post
    TIMEWALKER DUNGEONS EXIST
    Funny you mention that considering that particular experience is not the slightest bit consistent with how those dungeons actually played out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    I didn't do MoP CM's on my alts. Why should I get rewards for something I didn't do? Makes no sense to me.
    Yeah doing something to get something seems quite the outlandish concept in gaming these days.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Just use scaling to bring back the ability to run MoP and WoD cms at the same difficulty as they were done originally. That way people can still get them, but there's no reason for anyone to qq since its still hard.
    The problem is that MoP CM's were balanced before the squish. While they could scale us, the fundamental differences of how the game works will never bring back the original challenge of those instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    I agree making them obtainable from BMAH 1 by 1 just like T3, instead of a "bag" that contains full set considering how worthless gold has become in this game. Being able to make +300k in a month by logging in for 2min a day is just dumb but such is this game.
    id like to hear about this magical way of making 300k with 2 min a day effort, im gonna call bs on this one im doing garrisons on 8 chars but it takes a shitlot of time to log them all multiple times daily and its still not 300k a month from those alone, stop being stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that MoP CM's were balanced before the squish. While they could scale us, the fundamental differences of how the game works will never bring back the original challenge of those instances.
    Yeah, you'd never be able to recreate the challenge of them at the time (though we all know by SoO when people had 20+ sockets it wasn't exactly difficult). But does that really matter? I only did them on my main, and I have no interest in them on my alts, but during Legion we're now 2 expansions away from MoP. If they did some timewalking type version of them, I wouldn't care if they were easier than they were then if it allowed people who didn't play or who now had new mains to put in some effort to go get them again.

Its not relevant content at this point, and everyone who put in the time to get them then has had years to enjoy them. Who cares if they implement a way to go back to get them again except its not as hard? Someone can go back now and get their Firelord title that I was extremely proud of when it was current content, but it doesn't bother me at all. The reward is having those things when they are current, after the fact let anyone go get it, I'll be working on new stuff.

I did 10 chars in mop, missed warrior cuz i was lazy but i still dont think i deserve to just get the warrior set for free thats just my 2 cents