Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think the last time this came up someone mentioned that "get cancer and die" tweet from 2011 he sent to someone, it's whatever really. Unplugging yourself from social media can actually be a good thing

Remember guys: women are the ones who are targeted and harassed in gaming and on the internet. It's definitely not just something that happens to everyone, it targets women in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Remember guys: women are the ones who are targeted and harassed in gaming and on the internet. It's definitely not just something that happens to everyone, it targets women in particular.
    Please lets not start that here....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Well this is more related to the video game community. Whether you hate him or like him, he has contributed to the community for over 10 years.
    This is a thread in regards to social media trolling. It has nothing to do with him or games, he was simply used as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Might be a bit different if you were actually dying. Would kind of hit home a bit more. Also, might be you aren't quite bombarded as much as some Youtube celebrities are, so might be you don't really know what it's like even in that regard.
    everyone will die though if you can't handle that it might be sooner for you than others is another issue entirely. you can't handle people being mean to you you better hope to god you've never been mean to someone else
    Last edited by Fang7986; 2016-01-28 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This is a thread in regards to social media trolling. It has nothing to do with him or games, he was simply used as an example.
    As I said before if a mod wants to move the thread by all means go ahead.

The person in the topic is a big name in gaming and I figured it should get posted here. Its a topic about both him leaving social media and what should be done to make social media a better place.

My opinion is better tools for the users or at lease have these sites enforce there own dam rules. So many just let shit go on because it gives the site clicks.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guys having a hard time and has cancer after a career of giving others a hard time and wishing someone cancer and to go die?

Uh yeah tough break, but yeah maybe off the net is best. But no I don't agree with harassing him or wishing death threats. People doing that I really don't care about their speech or reasons.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You mean that one time he made a cancer comment and then right after apologized for it. Ya totaly the samething.

Nah he jumps to calling people nasty names the moment they have a different opinion. He has the same toxic personality as his trolls, they are made for eachother. Reddit use to have examples of the shit he would post then delete in a hurry once it started getting attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wait, you're seriously asking for legal action to be taken against trolling and shit posting?

Like, is this real life?

If you don't want to be a part of it, you do exactly what TB did and simply don't use it.
    And why not? It may be time for this because it's beginning to have some very serious impacts on peoples' real lives. And once anything begins severely affecting real life, it may be time for the law to get involved. Cyberbullying is being brought for that reason, since it has caused suicides, among other things.

This is the world we live in now, where social media has that much power, that the law may have to step in to control it due to how harmful it's becoming. I'm confused why that's such a surprising concept.

---
    Never in my life, would I wish someone death like this. I mean, sure, there's some people in this world we'd be better off with being dead .. like drug lords, real world criminals, etc. But a social media personality who does game commentary and reviews?

I was really disappointed when someone began screaming at me in a game that I needed to kill myself, and "if u dont do it urself im coming to ur house to kill u myself". Which is especially confusing, since I had made a fairly decent play and put our team ahead, and jokingly said "I have no idea what I'm doing," and he just went berserk, spending the rest of the match screaming at me like that.

It's a goddamn game, dude, what the hell?

There are real world people, doing awful things that you might wish death upon .. but online personalities? Team mates in your online video games? What kind of disturbed person would want someone playing a game to DIE? .. Sure, I wish some of these people would stop playing .. or at least practice more, before joining a tier'd competition .. but I don't want them to die. That's insane.

I want people to practice, stop playing .. or maybe STFU at least. But not kill themselves, or die.

I'm generally not super-happy-positive to people but I'm usually decent, polite or I don't talk at all. I'd offer you kindness long before I offered insults.

I think social media highlights what a dark era we're spiralling into, where people think this is acceptable behavior or that there's nothing wrong with it. As I said, it's insane .. disturbed behavior. It's kind of scary, quite honestly.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2016-01-28 at 05:15 AM.

Internet should be free. If someone has cancer and doesn't want people to fuck with him, he should not make it public and expose himself to crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The guys having a hard time and has cancer after a career of giving others a hard time and wishing someone cancer and to go die?
    Another dumbass and ill-informed post, then again, no one should be surprised.

Keep on flying those tribal colors.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

TB directly targets triggers that will obviously get trolls. No one should feel sorry for him in that regard, and him knowing exactly how he talks should have distanced himself from social media long ago if it was going to be a problem for him.

If you want a sob story about social media, then how about ManVsGame getting his entire personal life aired on social media from his Ex? That's far worse then any trolling TB has ever had.

he whines he cant take criticism. Dude needs to pick a different job than

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Nah he jumps to calling people nasty names the moment they have a different opinion. He has the same toxic personality as his trolls, they are made for eachother. Reddit use to have examples of the shit he would post then delete in a hurry once it started getting attention.
    Once again give examples because the only one that ever gets gived is the cancer comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    everyone will die though if you can't handle that it might be sooner for you than others is another issue entirely.
    This has nothing to do with what I was saying. The fact that everyone dies has nothing to do with what it is, what it must be actually like to be face to face with death, to be face to face with the absolute and ultimate end of everything, to be face to face with the fact that it will be happening within just a couple years, and how that must affect you mentally, and how you will then react to people telling you they're happy that you're dying or that they want you dead.

Anyone who claims they know what it's like, if they're not dying themselves, is full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    And why not? It may be time for this because it's beginning to have some very serious impacts on peoples' real lives. And once anything begins severely affecting real life, it may be time for the law to get involved. Cyberbullying is being brought for that reason, since it has caused suicides, among other things.

This is the world we live in now, where social media has that much power, that the law may have to step in to control it due to how harmful it's becoming. I'm confused why that's such a surprising concept.

---
    Never in my life, would I wish someone death like this. I mean, sure, there's some people in this world we'd be better off with being dead .. like drug lords, real world criminals, etc. But a social media personality who does game commentary and reviews?

I was really disappointed when someone began screaming at me in a game that I needed to kill myself, and "if u dont do it urself im coming to ur house to kill u myself". Which is especially confusing, since I had made a fairly decent play and put our team ahead, and jokingly said "I have no idea what I'm doing," and he just went berserk, spending the rest of the match screaming at me like that.

It's a goddamn game, dude, what the hell?

There are real world people, doing awful things that you might wish death upon .. but online personalities? Team mates in your online video games? What kind of disturbed person would want someone playing a game to DIE? .. Sure, I wish some of these people would stop playing .. or at least practice more, before joining a tier'd competition .. but I don't want them to die. That's insane.

I want people to practice, stop playing .. or maybe STFU at least. But not kill themselves, or die.

I'm generally not super-happy-positive to people but I'm usually decent, polite or I don't talk at all. I'd offer you kindness long before I offered insults.

I think social media highlights what a dark era we're spiralling into, where people think this is acceptable behavior or that there's nothing wrong with it. As I said, it's insane .. disturbed behavior. It's kind of scary, quite honestly.
    i've had people in real life tell me to kill myself why should the internet be any different

And this went downhill fast, oh the irony.

Closing this down.