Thread: RIP Cheetah.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    It's not Harpoon versus Disengage.
    It's Harpoon with Disengage. It was that dynamic that made Survivals mobility interesting. This also affects Thar She Blows and Bait and Switch.

IE, enemy raid boss casts stomp. Melee hunter disengages out, harpoons back in to avoid damage.
    I didn't support the Cheetah change but it is pale in comparison to the sin of removing Disengage from Survival, from my perspective.
    Both at the same time hits Survival much harder than the other specs.
    I have a feeling we'll see further iterations regarding these though.
    Exacly that Disengage/Harpoon combo makes me to think that SVV maybe will have a use (unless he dint do ridicilusly high damage) in progress raids.And will be must want as melee when you have to zerg a target 20 yards away from boss.Speaking for move out from crap having disengage will not helps you much because the way how the skill work aka bad things hits you on the point where you press the button and the point where you land,Maybe thats is the reason blizz to cut it off from SVV.If i`m not mistaken Harpoon is just oposite to disengage and most likely work with abilityes in same way so client can get to much confused where our hunters actually is
    Cheetah is good idea but first need to have way more short CD (imagine warriors with 3 mins heroic leap) and also should remove share and root effects
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-01-31 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    And they can't do their entire rotation on the move at 30-40 yards from their target?
    Neither can Survival.

Or MM, for that matter, since its main shot requires standing still to cast.

To be fair almost every class is losing mobility just like many other aspects.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should make so that the Harpoon shoots forward and grapple you even when you don't have a target, then it always does max distance (unless there is a cliff then it does up to the cliff edge). If you have a target it still does the normal towards the target if it is in range, otherwise it doesn't do it at all (out of range).

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Must be nice to have a sprint like that so you're able to say "it's not good enough for me."

Because not everyone has one. Maybe it's time to recognize that mobility creep needs to be pared down.
    Then they should buff hunters to be table topping like some other classes who have a CD based movement increase instead of scaling poorly. Problem sold. Hunters are going to be top DPS for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Feral is melee though...
    so is survival, which gets the same cheetah as the ranged specs with no other passives like feral.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    To be fair almost every class is losing mobility just like many other aspects.
    disagree look at Rogues the get sprint cd reduced from 1min to 30sec..

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    disagree look at Rogues the get sprint cd reduced from 1min to 30sec..
    Burst of speed is being removed though.

I thought Tarzan's ape friend died when I saw the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerian View Post
    Burst of speed is being removed though.
    Shadowstep baseline for Assasination/Sub, Combat gets an heroic leap/ + 15% baseline speed talent and Sub is getting + 15% baseline speed via artifact trait..

so 130% baseline speed for Sub/ potential combat (or heroic leap) + Shadowstep baseline for Assa/Sub + 30sec Sprint... i'd say for PVE their movement kit is much better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    So as always: "I am scissors, papers fine, nerf stone."
    The philosophy that has slowly, but surely, killed the fun of PvP in wow over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    In other words: "My class fantasy is to pwn other classes becasue I have superior range and they can neither catch nor escape me since I am faster." So as always: "I am scissors, papers fine, nerf stone."
    What asking a better mobility for class that depends on it has to do with what you wrote?
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2016-02-07 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Did they not say, SV is a melee spec now, disengage doesn't really fit with a melee hunter. They said they would be replacing it with a harpoon pull/charge hybrid (like the brewmaster charge) which fits in with the idea of a melee hunter much better IMO. It makes sence.
    You realize that Demon Hunters basically have a better version of disengage right? It not only leaps backwards, but it also damages AND snares their target.
    Alongside Double Jump, Glide, and 2 charges of Fel Rush. If DH has all of that, there is zero reason why Survival should lose Disengage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Shadowstep baseline for Assasination/Sub, Combat gets an heroic leap/ + 15% baseline speed talent and Sub is getting + 15% baseline speed via artifact trait..

so 130% baseline speed for Sub/ potential combat (or heroic leap) + Shadowstep baseline for Assa/Sub + 30sec Sprint... i'd say for PVE their movement kit is much better.
    Rogues and Ferals have always been incredibly mobile. Hunters have not in comparison (I said in comparison, not just "not mobile"). Some classes are worse off as far as full tilt mobility but have other tools to make up for it. Would be nice to have some kind of self heal like other melee have that is not on a 2 minute CD, but what can you do?