Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thank god even if the fact all my game have half french half english text all over their boxes, at least i know this shit never happens here lol. Since the government is actively courting the gaming industry every year so all the big studios open shop in Montreal. If they could get Rockstar to open one, i bet theyd suck someone. Nobody publicly question video games lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-01-28 at 02:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The GTA debacle was just dumb as hell. I don't know if people who signed the petition were just idiots or just believed what they were told despite never having played it.. So, idiots.

Either way, this seems about as effective at countering them as sending twitter rape threats. All it is, is being baited into giving them perceived legitimacy and bolstering their income.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Yeah, the 2011 Mortal Kombat game couldn't be sold there for like 2 years. I think this had more to do with the fact that the highest rating they had at the time was something like 16+, and they felt the game was too violent for that age, so they just flat-out didn't allow it to be released there. Then their...uh....whatever their equivalent of the ESRB is, came up with an 18+ rating, and they decided it fit the game well enough for it to be sold there.
    I got no problem restricting access of minors to material they shouldn't see in the first place.

That's not what SJWs are doing though. They want to bully the developers into making politically correct feminist-friendly games. (Apparently most of them are incapable of making their own games, but leftism is generally a parasitical ideology so...) Anita Sarkeesian never mentions age. She would like to see "sexism in video games" end for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly. Australia has always been this way toward excessively violent games, this is not new.
    Except it wasn't the Australian Government that stopped its sale. It was some stores pulling it voluntarily because of the pressure from a dishonest petition that targeted those stores.

Anyway, this is old news.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-01-28 at 02:17 PM.

Just torrent it if you can't buy it

10+ Year Old Account
    They have been doing this to a lot of Japanese imports in the past couple of years. Even if you find the material in those games disgusting and a lot of times even I do. It's no cause for censorship. I'm very anti-censorship of any kind but there's only so much you can do. At the end of the day it's the vocal minority that seems to be winning. Signing petitions and using the same tools SJW's use against them only rarely works. Saddest part about all this is that most of these people that are trying to get these games censored aren't even interested in those games or gaming in general. They are just trying to get attention to their shitty movement.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    The GTA debacle was just dumb as hell. I don't know if people who signed the petition were just idiots or just believed what they were told despite never having played it.. So, idiots.

Either way, this seems about as effective at countering them as sending twitter rape threats. All it is, is being baited into giving them perceived legitimacy and bolstering their income.
    They're going to call you a sexist no matter what. These people are never happy.

You could even say "I don't see gender I see only people" and they'd still call you sexist. Even some college officially list that kind of statement as a "micro-aggression".

Don't worry guys, regression is the new progression in some people's head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Target and Kmart don't want to sell it. Not sure what the issue is, you can go to another store or buy it online. The game itself should have a M rating so consumers can make an informed decision able what they're buying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    They're going to call you a sexist no matter what. These people are never happy.

You could even say "I don't see gender I see only people" and they'd still call you sexist. Even some college officially list that kind of statement as a "micro-aggression".
    who cares what some college did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Don't worry guys, regression is the new progression in some people's head.
    I hope the term regressive leftist will stick and make a genuine rift among leftists to separate crazy from those you can at least reason with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Yeah, I can remember that the first Carmageddon game (yes, im that old...) was forbidden in Australia as well back in the day.
    No but it did recieve a lot of bad media over the concept of the game with graphics on par with minecraft.

I bought it at the sunshine coast in queensland, australia when it was released.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    who cares what some college did.
    Colleges shape the worldview of the generation. People should be afraid when colleges indoctrinate instead of educate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Australia is just dumb when it comes to games. Zero punctuation and Jim Sterling have bashed that country about it on many occasions.

- - - Updated - - -

Colleges shape the worldview of the generation. People should be afraid when colleges indoctrinate instead of educate.
    and yester years hippies are todays conservatives. One college did a thing, thus all of society is ruined... go figure.

the whole issue with SJW and anti SJW is that they took there stupid fight from the deeper parts of the interwebz onto popular social media and then into real life. Its a forum discussion that leaked out too far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Target and Kmart don't want to sell it. Not sure what the issue is, you can go to another store or buy it online. The game itself should have a M rating so consumers can make an informed decision able what they're buying.
    The issue is that they chickened out in order to not appear "sexist".

The damage the far left can do is both legal and cultural.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is that they chickened out in order to not appear "sexist".

The damage the far left can do is both legal and cultural.
    It is Australia. Its a pain in the ass to do business there for a game developer/publisher. The government has been strict on games since the 80s

it's getting to the level of metal music in the 90's, when tipper and al gore were on a crusade to censor music.

if people don't stand against it, things will happen. this isn't something you can just let slide and think it'll be ok. i just hope games have a guy/girl like dee snider to stand for them when the time comes.

Deleted
    Im sorry but who gives a fuck if a PRIVATE BUSINESS decides to ban a product? Also i'm officially bored of people complaining about fictionalized SJWs complaining about tedious things>.>

Complaining about tedious complaints with tedious complaints gets old fast

- - - Updated - - -

No they don't, college students just think their opinions are important until they leave

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when people say Mass effect, Fallout, Dragon age, witcher, etc are all SJW influenced.

Is it so weird that a game that lets you make a lot of choices, including relationship choices, would let you make a gay character? Not allowing that is going against one of the major premises of the genre if they restrict your choices.

Deleted
    I dont like GTA anymore, because of it's treatment of women, but I simply dont play it....

I'm always wondering why people think that games are like brainwashing, when there are enough movies where women are treated like shit and somehow it is considered as art or something like that.

Anyway, the whole petition thing is stupid. They just think videogames are an easy target.
    I'm all for feminism, but I'm tired of this nonesense. There are millions of women out there who are really supressed by the laws of their countries and yet they care more about some videogames...I dont get it.