Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Mage looks frustrating to play though. It reminds me of Rogue where mindless retarded classes like DK can tunnel you down and if you fuck up once, you're dead. I don't feel like dealing with that shit.

Maybe I should just play MM Hunter instead. That shit looks hilarious to play against randoms.
    So you answered your own question then. Good luck!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    No I didn't. I'm still on the fence about it.

There needs to be more mages with experience in this thread. So far there's been only one good post.

Deleted
    Mage sucks at pvp outside arenas. Sure you can dance circles around like ww monks, frost dks and warriors but pretty much everything else rocks you.

Not seeing any reason to switch from rogue to mage for general pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    Mage sucks at pvp outside arenas. Sure you can dance circles around like ww monks, frost dks and warriors but pretty much everything else rocks you.

Not seeing any reason to switch from rogue to mage for general pvp.
    Yeah that's what I figured. I feel like mages just suck against everything especially other casters.

Deleted
    Yeah that's what I figured. I feel like mages just suck against everything especially other casters.
    Yep, gone are the days of wotlk.

If you want a caster for general pvp, you should consider boomkin. Only ferals have a sure chance to take you down. Well boomkin or, if you feel like doing something different, disc priest - invincible in general pvp as long as you got that Reflective Shield glyph, and does some pretty nice damage too.

Last edited by mmoc32b288c4f2; 2016-01-28 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you make that video or was it someone else?

Deleted
    Did you make that video or was it someone else?
    Not me. Some guy. I started leveling a disc shortly after I saw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not me. Some guy. I started leveling a disc shortly after I saw it.
    Alright cool. I guess Priest is a possibility then.

I've always thought Balance was amazingly good in casual pvp despite nobody playing it and those that do usually weren't that good. The good ones though seem to never die and deal amazing burst damage that's on the level of Fury Warrior burst.

Warlocks are also really good.

Mages just seem weak when you compare them to Balance, Warlocks, Priests. Even the best Mages probably struggle against average players on those classes. I just don't see the worth in Mage if its going to end up like that. But still, I really want to play Mage at the same time.

At high rating DK and Mage are pretty equal in terms of difficulty.

Deleted
    Alright cool. I guess Priest is a possibility then.

I've always thought Balance was amazingly good in casual pvp despite nobody playing it and those that do usually weren't that good. The good ones though seem to never die and deal amazing burst damage that's on the level of Fury Warrior burst.

Warlocks are also really good.

Mages just seem weak when you compare them to Balance, Warlocks, Priests. Even the best Mages probably struggle against average players on those classes. I just don't see the worth in Mage if its going to end up like that. But still, I really want to play Mage at the same time.
    Warlocks are melee fodder. Affliction rocks any ranged spec but it's really bad vs. melee. Destro lives long with Charred Remains but it doesn't kill anything if it's trained by melee as it spends all embers on heals. To have any chance against melee, you need to be really set up with portal and gate before the fight starts, something which doesn't really happen. Also they are very frustrating in bgs as you're not fast enough to escape a crowd, so you're basically piled up on 24/7 while pretty much everything else has some teleport or jump or speed boost, and you only have portal which needs to be set up and has a range and you're screwed anyway if they catch up after you ported.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I don't understand this thread.

OP: I want to learn this class, is it hard?
    First 3 Answers: No it is pretty easy and does well.
    OP: FUCK THAT IT LOOKS TOO HARDCORE AND I WILL SUCK.

What the fuck man are you Bi-polar or something?
    ^^^ this all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    At high rating DK and Mage are pretty equal in terms of difficulty.
    Hell no. The top mages are far better players than the top rated DK players. Top rated DK players would basically suck on any other class that isn't Warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Warlocks are melee fodder. Affliction rocks any ranged spec but it's really bad vs. melee. Destro lives long with Charred Remains but it doesn't kill anything if it's trained by melee as it spends all embers on heals. To have any chance against melee, you need to be really set up with portal and gate before the fight starts, something which doesn't really happen. Also they are very frustrating in bgs as you're not fast enough to escape a crowd, so you're basically piled up on 24/7 while pretty much everything else has some teleport or jump or speed boost, and you only have portal which needs to be set up and has a range and you're screwed anyway if they catch up after you ported.
    What about Demo?

Nah its just dumb how everyone says its easy when I know its probably hard to be good at. Mages are a skilled class and that explains why so many top players play Mage.

I mean seriously, how many top players play Warrior or DK? Not many because those classes have no toolkit and are basically reserved for casual players.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah Idk. It's probably not as easy as Warrior or DK. MM Hunter might be though.
    Why did you ask the question if you were just going to ignore the answer? It's like asking what's for dinner and then being like "fuck you mom, I'm going to McDonald's!"
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    No its not. This thread needs more experienced Mages giving their input.

No its not. This thread needs more experienced Mages giving their input.
    How do you know? You've literally disregarded every single response in the thread. Mages are not difficult, are versatile, and have multiple viable comps. If you're not succeeding with them it isn't because they're too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    How do you know? You've literally disregarded every single response in the thread. Mages are not difficult, are versatile, and have multiple viable comps. If you're not succeeding with them it isn't because they're too hard.
    glad someone said it. again, mages are very easy and very good right now. and can hold their own against just about every class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    glad someone said it. again, mages are very easy and very good right now. and can hold their own against just about every class
    In what game? Cause if we're talking WoW, affliction locks, boomkins, hunters and ferals piss on mages from the high heavens. These guys would have to retarded or simply afk to lose to a mage in 1v1. Unholy dks and ret paladins don't have issues with mages either unless they're undergeared or just noobtards.

In fact mages only counter monks and warriors and, to some degree, rogues. When was the last time you played a mage in pvp, wotlk? Or by "holding their own" did you actually mean sitting in an iceblock for the entire duration just too annoy the other guy and make him waste his time?

Mages may be good in arenas and sought after as they fit in a lot of comps, but when it comes to casual pvp like 1v1 and wpvp against geared and competent opponents, mages suck balls. And I don't even play a mage, I just play like 7 characters and can beat them on all 7 with no big deal.
    Last edited by mmoc32b288c4f2; 2016-01-29 at 05:11 PM.

In what game? Cause if we're talking WoW, affliction locks, boomkins, hunters and ferals piss on mages from the high heavens. These guys would have to retarded or simply afk to lose to a mage in 1v1. Unholy dks and ret paladins don't have issues with mages either unless they're undergeared or just noobtards.

In fact mages only counter monks and warriors and, to some degree, rogues. When was the last time you played a mage in pvp, wotlk? Or by "holding their own" did you actually mean sitting in an iceblock for the entire duration just too annoy the other guy and make him waste his time?

Mages may be good in arenas and sought after as they fit in a lot of comps, but when it comes to casual pvp like 1v1 and wpvp against geared and competent opponents, mages suck balls. And I don't even play a mage, I just play like 7 characters and can beat them on all 7 with no big deal.
    Cuz geared and competent opponents is the definition of casual world pvp. lol. I wreck world pvp on my fire mage btw, and its a ton of fun. I also have a lot of fun in 2s on my fire mage, as well as 3s. I also have fun in BGs and Ashran.

DNT RLY KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY HERE.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2016-01-29 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Cuz geared and competent opponents is the definition of casual world pvp. lol.
    Players who camp quest hubs like in Hellfire Peninsula or Valiance Keep in Northrend are most often geared, playing a fotm class and expecting a fight. Ganking noobs and dragon slayers in Tanaan is not fun. Fighting competent opponents IS, and you can't fight them as mage because mages suck against most of the classes and specs in this game.
    Last edited by mmoc32b288c4f2; 2016-01-29 at 07:20 PM.